Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music Contribution for UT (Work in Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Music Contribution for UT (Work in Progress)

Hey Guys,
    in the last days my rising Interest in the Community driven Development in Unreal Tournament 4 and, being a big fan of the Old Parts and its Music, i finally want to compose one or a few Tracks for this one.
    The first Tracks im Working on are right here:

Dominion (Last Update 30.03.16, Finished)
    https://soundcloud.com/marcmahler89/...ease-candidate
    Nebulae (Last Update 28.11.16,Concept Phase)
    https://soundcloud.com/marcmahler89/ut-nebulae-concept
    Last edited by excavare; 11-28-2016, 11:42 AM.
    Unreal Tournament Music Composer

Tracklist

Dominion : CLICK

Vanished World (preview) sounds a lot like the UT3 Necris stuff (in a good way! that's meant as a compliment). The other pieces are great as well - large and inspirational sounds. If you can get that same feeling from a more driving track, we may have a real win here.
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Comment

Hey, Thanks for the Comment first! Indeed, now with special Attention, i notice the similiarity between the two Tracks. Guess ill try keep this Athmosphere in mind for a future Track. Or maybe even rework it to fit UT's needs.
      Though, i started working on something else today. Nearly got insane while finding a mood and rhythm which could fit while not copying the old Tracks`s Style. I uploaded the first very early work in Progress , Soundcloud links here :

https://soundcloud.com/marcmahler89/ut-as-dominion-wip

Any oppinions so far?
      Last edited by excavare; 10-20-2015, 09:11 AM.

Tracklist

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

I'm liking the direction this is headed in for sure, sounds great so far.

Comment

Hey Guys, got an update. First, soundcloud links here :

https://soundcloud.com/marcmahler89/ut4-dominion-wip-2

Wanted to blend the previous work with something more synth heavy, capturing the UT`ish Feel combined with the orchestral work.
            Any Opinions on the new wip? Oh, and if the mixing is ****ed up, i had no opportunity to mix the new wip with speakers yet, only headphone work so far.

Tracklist

Comment

Dominion WIP 2

It have this "grandiose" factor

Simply amazing version !

The only thing is that sound quality is very low, like an MP3 @ 128 kb/s.
              Stevie's corner
              My UT4 maps
              Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thanks Mate! Concerning Sound Quality: Well, sadly Soundcloud limits Quality on Streaming to 128 kb/s. Thats probably, why it sounds like a 128 kb/s Track
                If u like a HQ Version of the WIP, just uploaded one : http://uploaded.net/file/5ulrovkw

Tracklist

Comment

Originally posted by excavare View Post
                  Thanks Mate! Concerning Sound Quality: Well, sadly Soundcloud limits Quality on Streaming to 128 kb/s. Thats probably, why it sounds like a 128 kb/s Track
                  If u like a HQ Version of the WIP, just uploaded one : http://uploaded.net/file/5ulrovkw
                  Hey m8

Well, I know about the streaming low res but many sound better even with this bandwidth limitation. I'm very curious to listen the track in a better format. But for ultimate experience, I strongly suggest you share the WAV instead
                  Stevie's corner
                  My UT4 maps

Comment

I just listened the track, dang, now I can hear all the instruments much better

I really like your composition. It is a great track, it only need to be a bit longer since in general, the tracks last ±3.5 mins and you are not very far from that m8. And a nice intro/outro and that's it imho
                    Stevie's corner
                    My UT4 maps

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                      it only need to be a bit longer since in general, the tracks last ±3.5 mins and you are not very far from that m8. And a nice intro/outro and that's it imho
                      Well, thats why its still WIP (work in progress) My current plan involves extending the Theme i introduced in the 2nd wip and getting back to the Intro Chords to allow seamless play.

Tracklist

Comment

Cool

Looking forward v. 3
                        Stevie's corner
                        My UT4 maps

Comment

This is a pretty cool track. Nice Work!

Comment

Dominion (WIP2) is the first track I've heard that captures UT2004 instead of UT99.

Did you intend it as a sample or a full track? It cuts off right when it starts to find a good place IMO; there's a great buildup and then it ends. :P The fact that I want more is a good sign though!
                            Jim Brown
                            @EntropicDev
                            Epic Games

Comment

Thanks for your comment first!
                              Well, for myself, i wanted to orientate more on the 2004 than 99` Soundtrack. The fact, that you recognize this, is a good sign i guess
                              What you hear right now is a sample, thats why i declared it as WIP ( Work in Progress). Im still thinking of ways to continue the Track, primary Issue is "melting" the Atmosphere between Intro and Mainpart again, so seamless play will be possible. When its finished, i guess it will be about 4 Minutes in Playtime. Just waiting until my creative Meltdown is over
                              Last edited by excavare; 11-16-2015, 12:17 PM.

Tracklist

Comment

Working...
                              X