Heimdall (Cinematic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heimdall (Cinematic)

Inspired by Colossus from the original UT.
    Something a bit more cinematic at the request from the developers.

Last edited by TSeals; 12-19-2015, 12:50 AM.
    Music for Unreal Tournament

Chasing Voids - (Official CTF - BigRock)
    Solar Fields
    Perihelion

Overall, I really like it!

However, If you want it to fit chill specifically, I'd try to mix in some more exotic instruments wherever it may be fitting into the song. Not necessarily as leads but some pads that are like that that occasionally come in would be really cool.

Comment

Oooh i really like this. Love the atmosphere and tone.

Comment

i dont like it at all
        I think it just sounds like the 100th inception-soundtrack-rippoff

Comment

I like the distant strings and I like the overall muffled sound a lot, sounds nice and chilly to me! I like the horn texture a lot, I would also love to hear some more stuff from the horns. It does give it a Hans Zimmer-ish sounds, but I think it's a great start. Love those choirs too woo!

Comment

Hey m8

I'm no expert but I wanted to say that it is another excellent piece, really like it
            Stevie's corner
            My UT4 maps
            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

This is awesome! I am starting to feel like hero when I am hearing this It would make gaming on Chill something epic. Definitelly kind of music I would like to see in the new UT.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

The first ~40 seconds seem awkward as the theme doesn't really pick-up until that time and it's much less pronounced and less varied than in Chasing voids. It's pretty much drowned out by the beats.
                "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I've been on this kick recently, looking for odd, ethnic instrumentation to add to the mix of our UT music. I feel like those sounds will add a very nice authenticity, and a texture that separates it from the mainstream. The "Space Viking" visual set (name TBD) is a great place for us to start. I sent both Max and Tim some feedback about this already but here's some examples of what I'm talking about:

1. Woodkid: Volcano: Largely, this is a reference the way he mixes the digital sounds with the analog percussion. The 4-5 minute section is a great example. I also love the "predatory" rhythm and tempo that he builds off of.

Iron: Again, this is mostly about the particular percussion instruments (there is no drum set, no snare, no "kit") and the way that a subtle change can dramatically influence the way the song sounds.

2. Omnia: Pagan Folk Lore: (WARNING: Listen to, but do not watch this video! And ignore the poetry/vocals!) Skip ahead to 3 minutes - I love the way that the didgeridoo is the ENTIRE bass section here. It's not "didgeridoo music" as much as it is using a textured sound in place of (or layered on to) traditional bass instrumentation. Same at 29 minutes, which also incorporates the hurdy gurdy and the frame drum. TO BE CLEAR, I'm not saying we need Celtic fairy music in UT, I'm talking about the sounds that these particular instruments produce, potentially mixed with digital stuff. I think this could produce a really cool sound.

3. Throat Singing: Typically meditative, it gets pretty cool when you mix it with other instruments. Here it is mixed with didgeridoo and other odd percussion. Here it is mixed with idontevenknow. I even found some throat signing metal stuff. Weird but cool!

4. Wardruna puts it all together in a cool way, minus the digital. See the 22 minute mark.
                  Last edited by Entropy; 12-23-2015, 05:09 PM.
                  Jim Brown
                  @EntropicDev
                  Epic Games

Comment

Why isnt this track not anymore avaiable?

Comment

Working...
                    X