• Show
Clear All

[DONE] Atrium (project name: Isolation) - track for DM-Anturium

======
    FINISHED
    ======

Progress update 3 (15-01-2016):
    - Finished track (tons of changes)

The track is finished, it has been renamed to "Atrium", because "Isolation" was a bit too depressing for the track, hence the title change in thread.

WAV: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ces/Atrium.wav
    MP3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...trium.mp3Enjoy!
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/deshaadman/at...oncept-for-ut4

Old stuff below
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress update 2 (30-12-2015):

- Finished arrangement block out (so length is set in stone now, 3:18)
    - Finished mastering pretty much (have to test some more in-game)
    - Added new part at end (still very WIP, I need to flesh it out a bit)
    - Slowly started adding more and more variations here and there, more will come
    - Made it loop seamlessly as test
    - Tweaked bass in mid-piece

It's getting there, although the new part that got added is still a copy-paste job with some tweaks for now, it will receive a lot more refinement before considered finished. Feedback is welcome, as this will likely be the last update to the track before being finished

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...econceptv7.mp3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress update 1 (28-12-2015):

- Completely revamped drum build up and intro drums
    - Widened up overall mastering
    - Brightened up overall mastering
    - Added some distant drums and FX
    - Improved melody stereo effect in the mid-piece and changed melody at the end of it slightly
    - Introduced some new harmony progression towards the end, not sure if I'll stick with it, but it will probably
    - Lots of other tiny things tweaked here and there

It should sound better overall, although I'm afraid that it is drowning a bit in terms of separation, so I'll likely work on that next. Feedback is appreciated.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...econceptv6.mp3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might be a bit too early, but wanted to give an update in terms of music because I've been absent for a while.

This is what I got so far: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...econceptv4.mp3

It is intended for this map by Conrad Justin: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...39-DM-Anturium

Track is not done yet obviously, but any feedback is welcome

My plans are to make it around 3-4 minutes, ramp up drum variation and improve the bass melody, and perhaps try some crazy stuff I haven't tried before : P

I'll post updates regarding the track on this thread.
    Last edited by Avalanche._; 01-16-2016, 09:14 AM. Reason: updated track (15-01-2016)
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Well I can't speak for the map's author, but I think that's a pretty damned good fit. That sounds great Archer, I can easily imagine hearing that during gameplay

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
      Well I can't speak for the map's author, but I think that's a pretty damned good fit. That sounds great Archer, I can easily imagine hearing that during gameplay
      Hey, this has amazing atmosphere to is! I just listened to your track, Archer and I love it! Very strong beat and great depth! I like how you experiment with different synths: The more I listen to it the more I like it! Drums start maybe a little too beastly if you know what I mean but I like how this opening synth theme keeps on playing in the background! Amazing transition 1:08 and melody out of the world. :P You seem to like adding breaks (like 1:37) and they diversify the track! Thank you thank you thank you! This makes me make maps again! Enough slacking! I need to get my maps done!
      For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

^This
        and really nice melody that's kicking in at ~ 1:50
        WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
        Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

This already sounds killer to me. Can't wait to hear the full track fleshed out!

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
            Hey, this has amazing atmosphere to is! I just listened to your track, Archer and I love it! Very strong beat and great depth! I like how you experiment with different synths: The more I listen to it the more I like it! Drums start maybe a little too beastly if you know what I mean but I like how this opening synth theme keeps on playing in the background! Amazing transition 1:08 and melody out of the world. :P You seem to like adding breaks (like 1:37) and they diversify the track! Thank you thank you thank you! This makes me make maps again! Enough slacking! I need to get my maps done!
            Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
            ^This
            and really nice melody that's kicking in at ~ 1:50
            Originally posted by Mangley View Post
            This already sounds killer to me. Can't wait to hear the full track fleshed out!
            Thank you all! It's always scary to show early WIPs :P

Track has been updated, link is at the top! Hopefully it sounds slightly less like 90s dance music now.

Comment

Track updated again, link and progress update at the top of the thread

Comment

V. 7

Wow, it's **** nice my friend

Really like all the effects going on
                Stevie's corner
                My UT4 maps
                Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

I find this quite adequate. 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                    Wow, it's **** nice my friend

Really like all the effects going on
                    Originally posted by FictionalRiot View Post
                    I find this quite adequate. 9/10
                    Happy you guys like it

I'm a bit short on time lately, so I'll continue working on it in a few weeks.

For now, it will be included as V7 in the latest update of DM-Anturium (which is coming.. And very promising looking )

I'll likely tweak the mastering a bit further, made a silly mistake that ended up making the bass sound muddy under circumstances, plus I overdid the treble a bit, and I also need to add some more interesting variation, perhaps a new melody somewhere.

Comment

Great atmosphere, very nice track, you captured the classic UT feel very well. Also like how you "brightened up" the mix, it definitely improved it. I like how your varied the drums to keep the main line interesting and you're changing the pace a little at around 1:20, then again at 1:37. You've also done well in placing "atmospheric sounds" in the mix that complement the bass & drums nicely. Overall one could argue that it's a bit repetitive, but I think that's OK (or even necessary) since it's background music.
                      My UT Soundtrack contributions: Out of Reach - Written in Black - Disintegrating Matter

Comment

Originally posted by jmagica View Post
                        Great atmosphere, very nice track, you captured the classic UT feel very well. Also like how you "brightened up" the mix, it definitely improved it. I like how your varied the drums to keep the main line interesting and you're changing the pace a little at around 1:20, then again at 1:37. You've also done well in placing "atmospheric sounds" in the mix that complement the bass & drums nicely. Overall one could argue that it's a bit repetitive, but I think that's OK (or even necessary) since it's background music.
                        Thank you for the feedback jmagica, I'm happy you like it, I'll return the favor of giving feedback soon on your tracks that you posted :P

In terms of repetition I might try to add in another melody somewhere, but will have to see about this yet.

Comment

I really like the different musics you've done Archer, even those that you made for other games or projects. This one is really good as well, I'm curious about the final result.
                          However I need to curse you ! Simply because when I'm playing while listening at one of your music, I suddenly got a urge to bang my head, I lose focus on what's going on, and end up dying... **** youuuuu !

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                            I really like the different musics you've done Archer, even those that you made for other games or projects. This one is really good as well, I'm curious about the final result.
                            However I need to curse you ! Simply because when I'm playing while listening at one of your music, I suddenly got a urge to bang my head, I lose focus on what's going on, and end up dying... **** youuuuu !
                            Haha, thanks man, glad you enjoy

The track is done, it has been renamed to "Atrium", wav and mp3 are linked in the original post!

Comment

Sooooooo gooooooooood! Another smash hit! Great job Archer6621!

Comment

Working...
                              X