Clear All

• replied
    Final 1.0

**** Archer, you made it again!

Excellent work bud

Added to my collection

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's right. He IS getting better and better! Incredible progress on the music. I will be honored once it is a soundtrack on the map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sooooooo gooooooooood! Another smash hit! Great job Archer6621!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
    I really like the different musics you've done Archer, even those that you made for other games or projects. This one is really good as well, I'm curious about the final result.
    However I need to curse you ! Simply because when I'm playing while listening at one of your music, I suddenly got a urge to bang my head, I lose focus on what's going on, and end up dying... **** youuuuu !
    Haha, thanks man, glad you enjoy

The track is done, it has been renamed to "Atrium", wav and mp3 are linked in the original post!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like the different musics you've done Archer, even those that you made for other games or projects. This one is really good as well, I'm curious about the final result.
    However I need to curse you ! Simply because when I'm playing while listening at one of your music, I suddenly got a urge to bang my head, I lose focus on what's going on, and end up dying... **** youuuuu !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jmagica View Post
    Great atmosphere, very nice track, you captured the classic UT feel very well. Also like how you "brightened up" the mix, it definitely improved it. I like how your varied the drums to keep the main line interesting and you're changing the pace a little at around 1:20, then again at 1:37. You've also done well in placing "atmospheric sounds" in the mix that complement the bass & drums nicely. Overall one could argue that it's a bit repetitive, but I think that's OK (or even necessary) since it's background music.
    Thank you for the feedback jmagica, I'm happy you like it, I'll return the favor of giving feedback soon on your tracks that you posted :P

In terms of repetition I might try to add in another melody somewhere, but will have to see about this yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great atmosphere, very nice track, you captured the classic UT feel very well. Also like how you "brightened up" the mix, it definitely improved it. I like how your varied the drums to keep the main line interesting and you're changing the pace a little at around 1:20, then again at 1:37. You've also done well in placing "atmospheric sounds" in the mix that complement the bass & drums nicely. Overall one could argue that it's a bit repetitive, but I think that's OK (or even necessary) since it's background music.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    Wow, it's **** nice my friend

Really like all the effects going on
    Originally posted by FictionalRiot View Post
    I find this quite adequate. 9/10
    Happy you guys like it

I'm a bit short on time lately, so I'll continue working on it in a few weeks.

For now, it will be included as V7 in the latest update of DM-Anturium (which is coming.. And very promising looking )

I'll likely tweak the mastering a bit further, made a silly mistake that ended up making the bass sound muddy under circumstances, plus I overdid the treble a bit, and I also need to add some more interesting variation, perhaps a new melody somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I find this quite adequate. 9/10

Leave a comment:

• replied
    V. 7

Wow, it's **** nice my friend

Really like all the effects going on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Track updated again, link and progress update at the top of the thread

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mastrok View Post
    Well I can't speak for the map's author, but I think that's a pretty damned good fit. That sounds great Archer, I can easily imagine hearing that during gameplay
    Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post
    Hey, this has amazing atmosphere to is! I just listened to your track, Archer and I love it! Very strong beat and great depth! I like how you experiment with different synths: The more I listen to it the more I like it! Drums start maybe a little too beastly if you know what I mean but I like how this opening synth theme keeps on playing in the background! Amazing transition 1:08 and melody out of the world. :P You seem to like adding breaks (like 1:37) and they diversify the track! Thank you thank you thank you! This makes me make maps again! Enough slacking! I need to get my maps done!
    Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
    ^This
    and really nice melody that's kicking in at ~ 1:50
    Originally posted by Mangley View Post
    This already sounds killer to me. Can't wait to hear the full track fleshed out!
    Thank you all! It's always scary to show early WIPs :P

Track has been updated, link is at the top! Hopefully it sounds slightly less like 90s dance music now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This already sounds killer to me. Can't wait to hear the full track fleshed out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I can't speak for the map's author, but I think that's a pretty damned good fit. That sounds great Archer, I can easily imagine hearing that during gameplay
    ^This
    and really nice melody that's kicking in at ~ 1:50

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, this has amazing atmosphere to is! I just listened to your track, Archer and I love it! Very strong beat and great depth! I like how you experiment with different synths: The more I listen to it the more I like it! Drums start maybe a little too beastly if you know what I mean but I like how this opening synth theme keeps on playing in the background! Amazing transition 1:08 and melody out of the world. :P You seem to like adding breaks (like 1:37) and they diversify the track! Thank you thank you thank you! This makes me make maps again! Enough slacking! I need to get my maps done!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X