X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Unreal Tournament Soundtrack

[Last Updated January 18, 2016]

Here's a listing of the current tracks/composers officially accepted as part of the Unreal Tournament Soundtrack:
    (note: tracks are not ordered, and assignments may change as visual themes are developed)

Track Title Composer Assignment
    *Unreal Tournament Theme Alexander Brandon General Use
    Unreal Tournament Menu Nonemm Main Menu UI
    *Go Down Alexander Brandon DM Deck16
    *Foregone Destruction Michiel van den Bos CTF Facing worlds
    Black Hole Sunscreen Michiel van den Bos DM Spacer
    Mekalopolis 2 Rom Di Prisco DM Outpost 23
    Heavy Rom Di Prisco CTF Titan Pass
    Dissolution Archer DM ASDF
    Chasing Voids TSeals CTF Big Rock
    Brumal Battle Max Carnage DM Chill
    Have An Unreal Halloween Max Carnage Seasonal

[*] Indicates UT99 track (not new/updated). All other tracks are new.

This is not a final list, and I'll update the thread as new tracks are added. Great job so far everyone!
    Last edited by Entropy; 01-18-2016, 11:09 AM.
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Rom Di Prisco is a welcome surprise.
    Also nice to see community members amongst big names.

Main theme and Foregone Destruction, are these tracks new or old ones?

Comment

What about "Monks of Na Pali" by Archer? I totally imagine this piece in final game.

Comment

Cool

It would be nicer if there was links for the existing threads of each of the tracks in the OP so people could post some feedback at the authors

There are many other excellent tracks that could easily be part of the game and I hope they will be seriously evaluated tbo !

Congrats to everyone in the community who their track as been chosen !!!
        Stevie's corner
        Maps, DM-Dakylian B1, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
        Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

oh for the love of...why Mekalopolis 2? xD Respect to Rom Di Prisco of course as an artist because he is amazing, and I love his other track used in Titan Pass, but the original Mekalopolis is infinitely better. I just can't stand the farting bassline in Mekalopolis 2, and normally I like most Drum & Bass! Out of everything you've denied to use for UT4, I'm surprised at that choice of yours Entropy, especially considering you said originally you didn't want to use a lot of DnB anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivaxi View Post
            oh for the love of...why Mekalopolis 2? xD Respect to Rom Di Prisco of course as an artist because he is amazing, and I love his other track used in Titan Pass, but the original Mekalopolis is infinitely better. I just can't stand the farting bassline in Mekalopolis 2, and normally I like most Drum & Bass! Out of everything you've denied to use for UT4, I'm surprised at that choice of yours Entropy, especially considering you said originally you didn't want to use a lot of DnB anyway.
            I'd like to hear a render of that track without the fart bass (or with some sort of less annoying replacement), because the rest around -it- sounds pretty cool lol, it's just that... bass ._.
            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
              I'd like to hear a render of that track without the fart bass (or with some sort of less annoying replacement), because the rest around -it- sounds pretty cool lol, it's just that... bass ._.

I'd like Entropy to actually take community opinion into account, because right now it seems like instead of music that everyone likes, its more "music that Entropy likes". This is not to cause drama or anything Entropy but looking through a lot of the music threads, typically it's your opinion on the song and why YOU don't want to use it, and other music producers (who I won't name) have admitted to you asking them to change their entire song around because you didn't like a certain instrument or sound, even if it fits perfectly.

Plus my music as well, tons of people love certain tracks of mine, and fit the game quite well, but you've refused all of them because "It's not what I'm looking for". I'm just saying, this is a community and Epic Games collaboration right? Why not get the community's opinion on a track or certain song? If everyone loves a certain song, but you don't, shouldn't it still be accepted and used in the game?
              Last edited by Shivaxi; 01-12-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivaxi View Post
                ... instead of music that everyone likes, its more "music that Entropy likes"... Plus my music as well, tons of people love certain tracks of mine, and fit the game quite well, but you've refused all of them because "It's not what I'm looking for". I'm just saying, this is a community and Epic Games collaboration right? Why not get the community's opinion on a track or certain song? If everyone loves a certain song, but you don't, shouldn't it still be accepted and used in the game?
                The soundtrack is not complete, and is always evolving, just like the rest of the game. UT's Open Development gives you a view into how the game is being made by Epic's internal dev team, and offers you the opportunity to contribute or mod the game as it is being developed; this does not mean that design decisions are up for a vote, and offers no guarantee that anyone's work will be included. I may be the point of contact for music, but I am not the "decider". These are group decisions made by the UT devs, Epic's audio department, and community input.

This is not the place to discuss why your track has not been selected; rather, this is the place to celebrate those who have. Please stay on topic.
                Jim Brown
                @EntropicDev
                Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                  The soundtrack is not complete, and is always evolving, just like the rest of the game. UT's Open Development gives you a view into how the game is being made by Epic's internal dev team, and offers you the opportunity to contribute or mod the game as it is being developed; this does not mean that design decisions are up for a vote, and offers no guarantee that anyone's work will be included. I may be the point of contact for music, but I am not the "decider". These are group decisions made by the UT devs, Epic's audio department, and community input.

This is not the place to discuss why your track has not been selected; rather, this is the place to celebrate those who have. Please stay on topic.

I understand, was using my tracks as an example, as I didn't want to use others. Thanks for the reply. Staying on topic though, let's talk about that fart bass! xD. In all honesty though I really do love the current sountrack (minus fartbass song of course), and really glad to see some of the original UT99 tracks being officially used here in UT4. Really goes to show just how timeless and un-replaceable those tracks actually are <3

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post

I find it interesting though that old UT99 tracks have been picked as official for this UT, I thought the team wanted to ditch the old sound and go for a modern and clean approach, but this thread contradicts this.

Will these tracks be updated in the future?

Not that I'm complaining (I love both foregone and godown a lot), it's just an observation.

EDIT: Nevermind
                    Last edited by Avalanche._; 01-12-2016, 07:17 PM.
                    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Personally, I regard this list as "pre-alpha" as well, the map list will grow and so will the number of music that will accompany them. I would imagine as the game progresses, things pieces of music will be added or replaced. Personally, I would love to have a cake and eat it too: I would love to have the UT99 music along with the more modern versions of those pieces. I have heard some nice renditions of them made by fans and it would be amazing to have them as an option to hear in the game.

Congrats to Archer TSeals and Nonemm and future congrats to future composers from the community to make it on the list...in the future!

Comment

Nice to see some of those names. I mean all of those names.
                        Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 01-12-2016, 06:38 PM.
                        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

New Music Tracks in the new Build?

Comment

Regardless of which version of Mekalopolis is best, can something be done about the clipping? This is what it looks like after doing an export from the editor:

This clipping is really unnecessary, especially since the track volume is set to 0.2 in the editor afterwards anyway. It would be much better to have an original track that is quieter and without the clipping, with a higher in-game volume to compensate if needed. Just my two cents. Also this of course goes for the other tracks as well, I just noticed it on Mekalopolis because I love the track and wanted a copy for my personal music library
                            Attached Files

Comment

I too really like the track in Outpost and I wish that all tracks that hasn't been release yet that eventually, will be release as standalone tracks in WAV's (CD quality) and MP3's
                              Stevie's corner
                              Maps, DM-Dakylian B1, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                              Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Working...
                              X