No announcement yet.

Perihelion (Space Themed Map)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Perihelion (Space Themed Map)

Some tweaks to bass and extended Mix.

https://soundcloud.com/timothy-seals/perihelion

Timothy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TSeals; 06-19-2016, 02:14 AM.
    Music for Unreal Tournament

Chasing Voids - (Official CTF - BigRock)
    Solar Fields
    Perihelion

Your atmospheric stuff is just amazing.
    I could listen to that all day long, you really nail the feelings/emotions you want to deliver.

If this track works for UT, im not sure, it might be a bit too much on the light hearted site, but I dont see much room to change that because the track, on its own, is really solid. I wouldnt change it just to fit UT, much rather start something new because the track is already very good at what it wants to do. But maybe others have a different opinion, I find it hard to imagine blood splattering and exploding bodyparts to this music. This is another one of those tracks that i could absolutely see working in a live production for a UT tournament, these tracks are super effective at that.

The guitar is a nice color, very subtle but efficient.
    Great work Tim!
    Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
    Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
      Your atmospheric stuff is just amazing.
      I could listen to that all day long, you really nail the feelings/emotions you want to deliver.

If this track works for UT, im not sure, it might be a bit too much on the light hearted site, but I dont see much room to change that because the track, on its own, is really solid. I wouldnt change it just to fit UT, much rather start something new because the track is already very good at what it wants to do. But maybe others have a different opinion, I find it hard to imagine blood splattering and exploding bodyparts to this music. This is another one of those tracks that i could absolutely see working in a live production for a UT tournament, these tracks are super effective at that.

The guitar is a nice color, very subtle but efficient.
      Great work Tim!
      I disagree with that. Some musics in UT were rather light hearted already compared to the overall feeling of Unreal, like Skyward fire or Foregone Destruction. Even Chasing Voids, which was made by the same author (the OP) was taken in UT4 and have the same feeling.
      Now these tracks are better for the "race" feelings, fits well when you're focused on being nimble and move in the arena as fast as you can. Now I agree that it's not what you might want to hear if you're more on the savage and bloodlust side of the game. But this track can fit UT very well.

I really like this track (as well as your previous one).

Comment

Nice, Tim! I love the mood/tempo change in the middle of the song, a real highlight for me. The one at 4:58 is also very welcome to break up the repetition. Overall the track might be a bit on the long side, but then again I don't know if there are any length restrictions. I can definitely see this track in UT, like Darkloser said, there have been tracks like this in UT in the past. For me, this kind of track creates the kind of majestic feeling for outside/space CTF maps.
        Last edited by jmagica; 02-15-2016, 03:12 AM.
        My UT Soundtrack contributions: Out of Reach - Written in Black - Disintegrating Matter

Comment

First public release

Wow, another instant hit!

Even listening the low quality Soundcloud streaming, the quality of all your tracks sound very professional, well made

I wouldn't change a thing honestly except perhaps make the intro / outro a tad longer?

The pic is very inspiring indeed

PS: I'm patiently waiting to grab the WAV's links from your last PM
          Stevie's corner
          My UT4 maps
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Looove this. I've always been a fan of the more lighthearted pieces. Love the contrast.

Comment

Hi Stevelois,

I'm making some tweaks to Solar Fields. Will have a download link for that up hopefully next weekend.
              Its an ongoing project and will eventually release all these tracks in a full mix atmospheric/ambient album.

Download link to .wav for this track - currently uploading here.
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7me6l62r...UsvACxsHa?dl=0
              Music for Unreal Tournament

Chasing Voids - (Official CTF - BigRock)
              Solar Fields
              Perihelion

Comment

This would be a really good for a space theme map! Awesome song TSeals! Followed you on soundcloud too. I also see that you made Chasing Worlds! I was using that in Deep for a while until Nonemm made some music for it.
                Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Really cool song !
                  -Fn>Metalfist
                  ---------------------
                  Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Originally posted by TSeals View Post
                    Hi Stevelois,

I'm making some tweaks to Solar Fields. Will have a download link for that up hopefully next weekend.
                    Its an ongoing project and will eventually release all these tracks in a full mix atmospheric/ambient album.

Download link to .wav for this track - currently uploading here.
                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7me6l62r...UsvACxsHa?dl=0
                    Ho, that is soooooooooooooo awesome that you'll release a UT album with all the tracks! Knowing that, you just made my day Timothy

Huuuuuuuge THX for sharing the WAV in advance I think I'm your biggest fan haha
                    Stevie's corner
                    My UT4 maps

Comment

Flac mirror

Here is a Flac download link to add to your OP (Opening Post) if you want

Did a post at my blog too.

Amazing work m8
                      Stevie's corner
                      My UT4 maps

Comment

Working...
                      X