No announcement yet.

DM_Solo Music (District Theta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] DM_Solo Music (District Theta)

Hey guys! I decided to go in a different direction and go almost all synth for this one. After being inspired by a few amazing composers on this forum. I wanted to take a crack at it something that sounds a bit more "old skool."

This one I was imagining for DM-Solo. Future cityscape and all of that. Enjoy.

Audio only version and download.
    District Theta
    Last edited by MaxCarnage; 03-09-2016, 12:34 PM.

Love the techno-vibe, i'm sure it will suit the map very well when it is finished Great job as always, you really create stuff with the best quality one could imagine!

Comment

Wow gread Job max is perfect Music for the map

Comment

Mix 4

You impress me Max

All the tracks you released for UT4 are truly amazing! This one have a nice cosmopolitan vibe to it, really like this one too

If I can suggest some little things listening the WAV :

1. The high frequencies are rather silent.
        2. The music is all centered on both channels. It would be cool if some sounds where traveling to the left - right channel.
        3. The synth we hear at 0:42 - 0:51 is **** nice and I think that it should be use more. You can add another section in the track where you we could hear only the "space" note in the background and that synth. A quiet section-like that last 32-64 beats.
        4. The main synth (refrain) is "in your face" but I think that making it sound a bit less "cold" would be better. I mean that playing with the type of sound a bit. I thinking Acid type variation-like.

Anyway, greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat work, as always bud!

PS: your sign is outdated
        Stevie's corner
        My UT4 maps
        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
          You impress me Max

All the tracks you released for UT4 are truly amazing! This one have a nice cosmopolitan vibe to it, really like this one too

If I can suggest some little things listening the WAV :

1. The high frequencies are rather silent.
          2. The music is all centered on both channels. It would be cool if some sounds where traveling to the left - right channel.
          3. The synth we hear at 0:42 - 0:51 is **** nice and I think that it should be use more. You can add another section in the track where you we could hear only the "space" note in the background and that synth. A quiet section-like that last 32-64 beats.
          4. The main synth (refrain) is "in your face" but I think that making it sound a bit less "cold" would be better. I mean that playing with the type of sound a bit. I thinking Acid type variation-like.

Anyway, greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat work, as always bud!

PS: your sign is outdated
          Thanks for the input [MENTION=9375]Stevelois[/MENTION]! I thought I had a good balance of frequencies and imaging throughout, but I scan give it another go, perhaps now my ears are not as fried. Maybe I will include some more panning movements. Thanks bud! I will update my sig I promise!

Comment

Another nice track! It's possibly a bit harsh early on with the sharp synth sound, other than that it's nice; I like the mix of slower melodic sections with faster paced stuff.

Comment

OH GREAT! reminds me fast tracker 2 mods in 90's, where my older brother takes scene magazines on floppy to home, for watch and listen at our olivetti dx286 or smth.
              https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
              https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

This gives me some serious nostalgia to Unreal Gold and UT99

Comment

I hope the track come to test for the Map in the Pre alpha soon

Comment

Mix 5

Awesome!!!

Stevie's corner
                    My UT4 maps

Comment

Little post...

Just made a post at my blog bud
                      Stevie's corner
                      My UT4 maps

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                        Just made a post at my blog bud
                        Awesome! thanks for the kind words and making a FLAC version of it!

Comment

That part after 0:54. Which sample did you use? I know this is from early 80s or 90s but I also heard it in Satronica's modern song.
                          Last edited by e1vp; 03-17-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
                            That part after 0:54. Which sample did you use? I know this is from early 80s or 90s but I also heard it in Satronica's modern song.
                            I take it you are referring to the melody line? it's a combination of four synths from Omnishpere 2 (Robotic Reducto Lead, Forman Saw, Cybernetic Sequencing 3, and Uilleann Cello).

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
                              Awesome! thanks for the kind words and making a FLAC version of it!
                              Your welcome bud Feel free to add the download link in your OP

At last, your signature is up-to-date

PS: I didn't know "Dark Contemplation" was final? You didn't share your thoughts about my last post and there is no download link neither?
                              Stevie's corner
                              My UT4 maps

Comment

Working...
                              X