X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Go Down (UT4 redux)

Hello again, UT community!

Being a big fan of the original UT99 "Go Down\Hyperblast" track,
    I've decided to try add some modern touch to this piece of excellence and upload my redux here for You to consider as UT4 track.

Hope You'll like it, enjoy.
    Thank You!
    NU

SoundCloud link (with download permission):
    https://soundcloud.com/usekator/go-down-2016-ut4-redux

.mp3 320kbps link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...3FlOV8zYmVGMW8

.flac link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...ENEbG00NnlhN00

WAV 44/16 link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...jVKMlFHemhNM2s
    Last edited by necto; 04-15-2016, 04:29 PM.
    Go Down 2016 (UT4 redux)
    Mechanism 8 (NU remix)
    my other UT4 demo and UT99 music remixes

Yes Epic please took it for Deck 16 as official Track

Comment

you just added some beat over original redux version and edit it?
      Make it from scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
        Yes Epic please took it for Deck 16 as official Track

Thanks for such quick response )) I didn't even have time to leave the forum when I saw Your kind comment ))

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
        you just added some beat over original redux version and edit it?
        Make it from scratch?

Heh, well, no. I made it from the ground zero without any use of original track. I've kept the storyline of the classic theme with a bit more fresh sounds, synths and drums. So it's fairly complete and independent track (remix) =D
        Yep, if I translated right, it made from scratch ))
        Last edited by necto; 04-10-2016, 12:24 PM.
        Go Down 2016 (UT4 redux)
        Mechanism 8 (NU remix)

Comment

Sounds very good to my ears, a freshed up version of the original with slight but IMO nice touches. Really enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by necto View Post
            Heh, well, no. I made it from the ground zero without any use of original track. I've kept the storyline of the classic theme with a bit more fresh sounds, synths and drums. So it's fairly complete and independent track (remix) =D
            Yep, if I translated right, it made from scratch ))
            How did you remake all synths they sound so like in original version, you had multitrack or something? You wouldn't mind playing it in your daw, would like to see your version there, what synths you used etc. Its very true to original.

Comment

Middle section is a bit repetitive but overall it's a very nice reimx. For tracks like Go Down or Foregone Destruction there should be a big contest because a lot of people will remake them and UT deserves the best .

Comment

Thank You, guys. SoundCloud, .mp3 and wav links are added.
                Go Down 2016 (UT4 redux)
                Mechanism 8 (NU remix)

Comment

Good music but the same like original for me at all.

Rom Di Prisco & Jesper Kid-Go down (UT3 remix) - I want this track in UT4!!!

Comment

If someone is creating Hyperblast, hopefully they will use this track. As for Deck, I'm not sure if you've seen the concept art on the stream, but looks like we will be getting a lava version in the style of DM-Chill (like some old temple or something). I'd argue that the music doesn't really suite this kind of map (or the map doesn't suit the music), but it's Deck, so who cares.

Btw. you should puts links to your music in your signature (to forum post or the wav file on soundcloud). Helps with getting people to notice it. I would also recommend creating a giant thread (like the one Archer has with his own music) for your music, so people can just subscribe to it to make your content easy to follow. You already created a lot of redux versions of the old soundtrack anyways. They all deserve a place here.
                    Last edited by InVader; 04-12-2016, 05:07 AM.
                    Check out my work!
                    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                    | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by Uber Semper Fi View Post
                      Good music but the same like original for me at all.

Rom Di Prisco & Jesper Kid-Go down (UT3 remix) - I want this track in UT4!!!
                      Agree, Go Down in UT3 was one of the tracks that suffered most from being broken down for dynamic music, yet album version truly rocks.

Comment

You have a delicate ear for music, if you recreated this track from scratch. Because it sounds almost like the original. That is what I call a REMAKE!
                        Кстати, тот-же вопрос, каким образом у тебя синтезатор звучит так-же как в оригинале, если это не ремикс?
                        Last edited by e1vp; 04-12-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for Your opinions, guys!
                          I have stuck to the original exactly to reborn the classic theme in a new modern sound.

InVader, thank You for the tips of noticing (although, I don't think a lot of people could see my signature in my ten posts I've put here. But I'll take it into service, thank You =)
                          You're right, it's probably not the best track for lava design, but I composed this redux free of "for DM_Deck only!" thought in my mind ))

As for sounds, it's not about my delicate ears, its about simple and efficient sounds used in the original.
                          I'm not sure what exact synth sounds You talk about, but, for example, main acid sound is just distorted square+saw You could create with any synth, and main lead is distorted so called "sweep" sound I've created with VirusTi (from some basic sweep preset).
                          I just don't find anything else sounds similar

I think I could make a video "making of GoDown redux" one day if it so curious for listeners
                          Last edited by necto; 04-12-2016, 01:58 PM.
                          Go Down 2016 (UT4 redux)
                          Mechanism 8 (NU remix)

Comment

Originally posted by necto View Post
                            I think I could make a video "making of GoDown redux" one day if it so curious for listeners
                            I am very interested in this. Virus Ti is beast, wish I had money for it

Comment

@Necto, I'd love to see a "making of" video myself, even if I'm not that knowledgeable about making music.

I'm probably echoing other people in saying that this song is probably a little too close to the original. I really like your Mission Landing and Three Wheels Turning redux tracks, because they don't significantly change things, but still execute subtle but noticeable changes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe the changes in this Go Down track are a little too subtle?

Don't get me wrong, I certainly noticed new elements in the track, especially after I heard it for the 3rd time, but was hoping for something a little more over the top...

Having said all that, I really, really like this track. I do support the idea of a contest for popular tracks, as InVader pointed out, and if that ever happens, this song's got my vote unless I hear something even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X