Musical Direction and my Contribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musical Direction and my Contribution

Hello. I make music. I love UT. I've been playing since 99. Got plenty of composition experience and would love to get involved with UT 2014.
    What's the brief on musical direction? Are we looking at a similar tone to the previous UT instalments or looking to go in a different direction here?
    I'd be happy to compose new stuff in the old school UT style. In the meantime here's an idea I've been working on that has something of the old UT style in it but is in a different direction

https://soundcloud.com/stephenroddy/...ang-bang-bangs
    https://soundcloud.com/stephenroddy/timberwolf
    Last edited by StephenR; 05-19-2014, 02:03 PM. Reason: detail
    My Music:

Terminus Abruptus
    Rock of Lochmarne
    Timberwolf
    Alethia
    Verora's Grace

What about something like this for a medieval type map?

https://soundcloud.com/stephenroddy/...y-the-ghost-of
    My Music:

Terminus Abruptus
    Rock of Lochmarne
    Timberwolf
    Alethia
    Verora's Grace

Comment

They said they're leaning toward more Drum and Bass style tracks.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

We're leaning toward "the sound of the original UT", which definitely had a heavy drum and bass feel, but the tracks were as varied as the environments. There's room for everything!
        Jim Brown
        @EntropicDev
        Epic Games

Comment

Ahh. Thank you both for the replies. I'll focus more in that direction then.I've been playing UT with my own choice of music in the background since UT2004. Twud be amazing to see the game packaged like that.

This bad boy I put together with UT specifically in mind. I'll continue along this route with a DnB feel.

The Life and Death of Terminus Abruptus
          My Music:

Terminus Abruptus
          Rock of Lochmarne
          Timberwolf
          Alethia
          Verora's Grace

Comment

I know that they said that they would focus on a more drum 'n' bass sound for the game. However, I would like to see a feature, where people can bring their own music into the game. I would like to see some kind of UI, so that you could point the game to a folder where the music is. For me, that would be a killer feature to have. At the end of the day, I believe that giving people a choice of music as opposed to sticking to one genre is key.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
              We're leaning toward "the sound of the original UT", which definitely had a heavy drum and bass feel, but the tracks were as varied as the environments. There's room for everything!
              Thank you. You nailed it.
              irc.globalgamers.net | #2k4ctf |#ut4pugs | #unrealtournament | Ownedwell.com | UT2004 Grail

Comment

Working...
              X