Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 201* OST + remastered Unreal 1 OST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 201* OST + remastered Unreal 1 OST?

News that both, Alexaner Brandon and Michiel van den Bos are back and will be working on new UT OST brought me here. And although my question isn't about new UT, I don't know where else to ask it. I know, there is little to none chances that any of the composers or producers of new UT will see it, but I will take even these slim chances.

I was curious, if there any chances for happenings regarding possible remastered version of full Unreal OST, since both of the original composers are working on the related subject as well? I was in love with U1 OST back in 90x, and by this moment it is still my favorite game OST. In fact, by this very moment I think that Unreal 1 had the best and still has the best and most atmospheric music that fits game's design and gameplay, concept perfectly. It was pretty much inseparable part of the game.

Shame that full OST of all the tracks, remastered for soundtrack format, never came out. There are only following releases that include some of the tracks of U1:
    A History of Unreal Music
    Unreal Original Soundtrack
    Unreal: Original Soundtrack from the Hit Game

Anyone, who loves original OST as much as I do, can tell that all these releases lack quite a few tracks (like Sunspire's one, or Skytown 1) and some of them are incomplete, like, Dig, for example, lacks the intense Skaarj attack part. In short, original OST never was release fully and complete. A shame.

I tried to ask Brandon about the possibility of a release remastered versions of some of the selected/missing tracks on his own behalf, but never managed to reach him. He Swapped 2 sites, one blog within these years, I never was able to contact him through any of his resources. Eventually, I gave up.

It is a very long shot here, and a shot in pitch black darkness, but may be someone around here has a lighter?
    Last edited by Kein; 06-04-2014, 06:55 PM.

Well, notably Brandon made a remastered version of the Unreal flyby theme. It's somewhere on his SoundCloud.
    Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
    My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Not anymore. It seems he had to remove it due to the 120 minute limit so he could upload more new stuff.
      S l y .

Comment

I actually spent some time a few days back to remake Course.umx from scratch because why not A lot of the original samples are multilayered so trying to approximate the exact sound can be tough sometimes. I didn't want to remake the song using the original low quality samples as that would defeat the point so there are some minor differences, but all in all I think the overall sound is relatively close.

Have a gander: https://soundcloud.com/sonaeris/mich...urse-hd-remake
        Last edited by Sonaeris; 06-05-2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
          Not anymore. It seems he had to remove it due to the 120 minute limit so he could upload more new stuff.
          Huh. Well, I still have it in the UEE flyby.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Well, notably Brandon made a remastered version of the Unreal flyby theme. It's somewhere on his SoundCloud.
            Do you have it saved? I think I know what are you talking about, just want to be sure it is the same thing,

Originally posted by Sonaeris View Post
            I actually spent some time a few days back to remake Course.umx from scratch because why not A lot of the original samples are multilayered so trying to approximate the exact sound can be tough sometimes. I didn't want to remake the song using the original low quality samples as that would defeat the point so there are some minor differences, but all in all I think the overall sound is relatively close.

Have a gander: https://soundcloud.com/sonaeris/mich...urse-hd-remake
            Nice one, although I was talking about U1, not UT :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kein View Post
              Do you have it saved? I think I know what are you talking about, just want to be sure it is the same thing,
              Yes, but in a UMX format. I had it recorded as part of my Unreal playthrough, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Us...C61308&index=6

Comment

Yes, but in a UMX format. I had it recorded as part of my Unreal playthrough, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Us...C61308&index=6
                Why is this in UMX format if it is from Soundcloud?

Comment

Originally posted by Kein View Post
                  Why is this in UMX format if it is from Soundcloud?
                  Because I used it in UEE, and UEE is an Unreal map pack, and Unreal uses UMX music. Mind you, it's OGG encapsulated into a UMX.

Comment

Because I used it in UEE, and UEE is an Unreal map pack, and Unreal uses UMX music. Mind you, it's OGG encapsulated into a UMX.
                    I know hot to extract things from UMX, just was a bit confused why it was in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X