Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos
    Please.

All of this.

Please.

This man is part of what made Unreal and UT99 the classics that they are.

Comment

From my feedback thread:

UT99 had amazing music that no UT has matched since. It might be a long shot, but I'd like to see this remastered or remixed by one of the original composers.
      Basically ... Epic would be crazy not to take you up on this offer.

Originally posted by Dark Pulse View Post
      Please.

Comment

So this is what it takes to get Dark Pulse out of hiding...

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

If Epic really wants this game to be as authentic as we want it, this man and Alexander Brandon are the only ones who should be handling this job.
          Their soundtrack literally changed my whole perspective in music, and their contribution to this project would be invaluable.

Comment

the ut99 soundtrack was my first drug. it was like a mild amphetamine. paired beautifully with the gameplay
            "History is written by the victors"

Comment

Oh, hey there Michiel! Love you're work on UT99 and Deus Ex! I'm sure (and already quite sure of this, actually) that people, including myself, would love to have you back to work on the OST of this game! I certainly believe you and possibly Alex would be able to bring life to the soundtrack of this installment of Unreal Tournament, and we would love to have you help work on the game.

Comment

Hell yeah!

Comment

If they want to play it right with the new Unreal, THEY MUST You Michiel and Alexander. I'm hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                    So this is what it takes to get Dark Pulse out of hiding...
                    Hey, you have pretty much all my IM info. You know where to find me.

(Actually, was looking for you to discuss your take.)

Comment

I'm not sure whether or not this is legit, but Forgone Destruction and the UNATCO theme from Deus Ex are my two favourite video game tracks ever. I would literally pay the cost of a full price game just to have you two collaborate again in a UT game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Pulse View Post
                        Hey, you have pretty much all my IM info. You know where to find me.

(Actually, was looking for you to discuss your take.)
                        I only use Skype nowadays, I don't think I have you on there.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshinatsu View Post
                          If Epic really wants this game to be as authentic as we want it, this man and Alexander Brandon are the only ones who should be handling this job.
                          Their soundtrack literally changed my whole perspective in music, and their contribution to this project would be invaluable.
                          This is exactly what i'm thinking. They want to make the fans a part of the development, and the fans want Michiel and Alexander!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashkyn View Post
                            I'm not sure whether or not this is legit, but Forgone Destruction and the UNATCO theme from Deus Ex are my two favourite video game tracks ever. I would literally pay the cost of a full price game just to have you two collaborate again in a UT game.
                            I'm pretty certain it's him, he also offered to contribute to our old UT remake mod way back in the day.

Comment

It's legit and I'm humbled by the great, rapid fire responses to this thread. Thanks guys & gals.

Comment

Working...
                              X