No announcement yet.

Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Brandon and Michiel Van den Bos for soundtrack!!!

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos

Alexander Brandon and Michiel Van den Bos ***MUST*** head the new UT soundtrack! NO WAY AROUND IT! NOBODY knows Unreal music like they do!!

Comment

That would be really awesome!

Comment

Alexander Brandon and Michiel Van den Bos, I would like to you make the music again, good job on the Unreal and UT ^^

Comment

Can this be any better?

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
            Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
            If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
            Michiel van den Bos
            Michiel your music plus another great musicians is what makes the feel of ut without them its like unrecognizable! Please feel this forum like your home!
            Last edited by darksonny; 05-09-2014, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Discovering this thread actually made me tear up with joy. Please do!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderBrandon View Post
                Not a hoax. Michiel speaks true. And we greatly appreciate your support!

-Alex
                Another great musician for ut! yeah!!!

Comment

Well... I've got no words, just emotions. When asked about music, I've always reminisce such names as Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos and such games as Unreal, UT and Deus Ex. Honestly, thank you guys for your music! If anyone can bring back that amazing heart rhythm of UT, I believe it's you.
                  Last edited by K-2; 05-09-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Pulse View Post
                    Please.

All of this.

Please.

This man is part of what made Unreal and UT99 the classics that they are.
                    *thumbs up* Michiel van den Boss is a legend!!

Comment

I'd like to see that to, obviously with modern influences. UT99 Sound just wont fit to a new game with different style. But I am sure the composers are aware of that aswell.

Comment

You rock man!

I am in 1000% on you being on this project!

Comment

Sounds amazing! I think it wouldn't be smart of Epic Games to not let you make music for them, would love to hear some new versions of Face for example.

Comment

Yes please!

Just the thought of getting to listen to old and/or new music from you guys while playing the new UT is mindboggling.

Ive had this tune surviving from backup CD:s to DVD:s etc but im unsure what it is.(despite that i once named it Unreal.mp3 for some reason)
                            https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91974582/UNREAL.MP3

Is it one of you guys that created it?

Comment

OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING

Originally posted by JohnF30 View Post
                              I don't think those tracks would fit a modern shooter. If you remove your nostalgia glasses, they sound like elevator music.
                              In other words you've apparently never heard elevator music or those tracks.

Comment

Sounds like it, but it's not me. Alex?

Comment

Working...
                                X