No announcement yet.

Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say man, I was too young to play the Unreal games when they were originally released, but you and Alexander Brandon have some of the greatest and most iconic music in video gaming. To me this would be a dream come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
      Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
      If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
      Michiel van den Bos
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...fi-atmospheres!!

You were the main reason for me making my thread. The atmosphere in this game is in no small part because of your participation.

Please.

Comment

Thanks, Resilga! I took the liberty of linking to this thread in yours.

Comment

I still listen to the music of UT99 and UT2k4 and it absolutely made UT truly nostalgic. I would love to see the music of UT4 pay homage and keep the original feel alive.

Comment

I absolutely love all the themes you Michiel and Alex did, specially "Strider" and "Mission".

I have a question though, what happened to Peter "Skaven" Hajba ? I love Razorback and I think he wrote it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4v5kp3Avz0

Comment

This post gave me a mental heartattack, someone call the ambulance! :O
              Could this be the (musically) best UT?

Of course we want you in!
              S l y .

Comment

Yes!!! The music from the original UT was the greatest! PLEASE BRING MICHAEL AND ALEXANDER BACK!

Comment

A thousand times YES to this. Michiel Van Den and Alexander Brandon all the way. UT99 music is still by far my favorite soundtrack to any Unreal Tournament game. That and the original Unreal of course. Foregone Destruction of course has to be my favorite, which I've even DJed and played live to hundreds of listeners on DnBRadio, and lemme tell ya, those tunes do not age. Still killer today!

Comment

Originally posted by darksonny View Post
                    Michiel your music plus another great musicians is what makes the feel of ut without them its like unrecognizable! Please feel this forum like your home!
                    We need Kevin Riepl too with Alex + Michiel.

Comment

Registered here just to post this.

This needs to happen.

Half my love at least for UT'99 is because of the music. 2003, 2004, 3, were never the same. This needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
                        Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
                        If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
                        Michiel van den Bos

Originally posted by AlexanderBrandon View Post
                        Not a hoax. Michiel speaks true. And we greatly appreciate your support!

-Alex
                        Oh, man, **** just got real! Do you read this topic, Epic? Get these geniuses on board NOW! No music artist who ever worked on the UT games since the original held even a candle against you two! You guys brought forth some of the best game music ever composed. The sound you created was so unique, I could never place the music in a genre, because it was entirely in a league of its own. They couldn't even remake your tracks. I mean, Michiel, have you heard how they utterly destroyed Skyward Fire in UT3?

Epic wouldn't be smart if they passed up on this opportunity.

Comment

Michiel Van Den Bos and Alexander Brandon, I just wanted to say how much your music has inspired me as a Drum & Bass artist myself. I've even gone on to remix several of your songs from the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament, and most of my music is heavily influenced by the amazing master pieces that you have created.

My most notable remix would be my Shared Dig remix from the original Unreal.

https://soundcloud.com/shivaxi/shiva...d-dig-remix-v1

If you or anyone would be so kind as to give it a listen, I think I'd explode =D But I just wanted to let you know how much you've influenced other artists such as myself.

RESPECT! <3

Comment

+1 for hire these men. They're both individually amazing, have never produced anything short of magic working together, and the community loves them to bits.

Comment

Michiel, you and Alex are THE men for this job. I love your works, being both a UT and AoW series fan. You guys were a big part of what made UT a legend in my eyes, it's like how a movie cannot be a legend without the right soundtrack to accompany it. I was so excited yesterday and now I'm even more hyped that you're up for it!

I hope Epic will hear us out and pick you two for the job!

Comment

I would love for this to happen, that soundtrack was absolutely a vital part of the games atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                                X