X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    *looks to the right*
    "Now playing: Interlude II (Unreal: Return to Na Pali, Alexander Brandon)"
    It's as if my music player was sentient or something.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Michiel. You and Alex have made my childhood an epic adventure.

The music you guys made for UT is so extremely good that i would cry if you wouldn't make more soundtracks for the new UT !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *looks to the right*
    "Now playing: Hub 7 (Unreal, Michiel van den Bos and Alexander Brandon)"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love every soundtrack from every Unreal & UT series, but tbh the one from Unreal 1 is my favourite. So if you want two words - yes please!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    It's amazing that this thread is still going! Heartwarming, guys (& gals)! Nothing concrete yet, but we're in talks. Your support has been fantastic!
    So is your music. I'm still listening occasionally the unreal1/unreal tournament/ deus ex 1 soundtracks. Deus ex is still my favourite single player game of all time, and the music is also one of the best or the best. I just wish i could have those tracks in a lot higher sound quality.
    Last edited by Hektoerr; 06-27-2014, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos
    HELL YES!! The very base of Unreal and UT1 atmosphere was their music. Hire these guys!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I'm not suggesting to use those styles of music exactly, more just to get an idea across to use other instruments and consider new styles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by danpaz3d View Post
    Some finds of what I'm thinking, not 100%, but more for the idea of slightly going further than the standard UT music.
    They have not UT feel, more dnb and less dubstep or whatever it is called..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome! It would be great to have some heavy input from the pioneers of UT music.

I see no issue with re-creating some popular tracks, but I don't think it would be smart to constrict the music design to only follow UT's original music (as great as it is).
    I think it would be better to make it more modern so that the new gen of players will be attracted, yet the old gen will still feel nostalgic.
    Kind of an arcade/dnb/metal style of music.

Some finds of what I'm thinking, not 100%, but more for the idea of slightly going further than the standard UT music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4eccPBFEjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pSUIyzeyvM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alexander Brandon said he is interested in doing DX 4's soundtrack if Eidos Montreal gave him the chance. Show your support and visit the DX forums!!!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=1#post2012733

Leave a comment:

• replied
    amazingness!

I am stunned. Incredibley awesome that some of the original Unreal composers are getting psyched up for this project!!!
    Without your work with Unreal, the games would not have been the same. Not to mention the amount of inspiration it provided.
    I got so exited I just had to upload a fan soundtrack (I guess you could call it) of classic Unreal Tournament I made back in 2008.

It was greatly inspiered by classic Unreal and other heavy games from that era. I never released it, but I think this occasion requires some old-school celebration.
    Thanks for your amazing work and all that came from it. This goes out to all off you!

cheers! and welcome back into the game! Keep making things amazing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes!

YES! Please! UT 99 soundtrack was just superb. Playing UT and Quake II/III was just too much fun. In fact, I stopped playing any other games after those, they just didn't do it for me.
    So again, Epic or whoever, if you are listening... Do thiS! Get the music righT!

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH
    Last edited by Lamprocles; 06-10-2014, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Denco View Post
    I believe that all this discussion on music is unnecessary. I'll leave this playlist here and anyone listening to it should get some common sense on what should be in the game

Even till this day there is no game that would have music so epic that the original Unreal Tournament had, not even its successors. I think epic should do all its best to try and replicate it.
    I'm still listening UT '99 soundtracks everyday! 100% agree with you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Given the fact that this is one of the largest threads in the entire UT subforum, this should be a clear enough signal that Epic would do right to get you guys on board. Actually, if it wasn't for the perpetual disagreement among UT/UT200x fans that kept fueling the fire of the movement discussion in two or three other topics, this would have indeed been the largest thread on the forum.

And that is saying a lot.
    Last edited by Joen; 06-05-2014, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's amazing that this thread is still going! Heartwarming, guys (& gals)! Nothing concrete yet, but we're in talks. Your support has been fantastic!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X