Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos
    Hello dear Michiel van den Bos. As I mentioned in another topic ( https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-old-composers ) I love your works in both UT and DE games. Go Down and UNATCO songs are my two of the favorite songs in video gaming. I hope you will be in new UT game as well, I am sure you will make new awesome songs. Every other games are doing semi-epic orchestral or dubstep, and I don't want UT to follow that lame trend...
    Your contribution will be wonderful especially if the level designs look like UT99 or UT2004 dark sci-fi / cyberpunk-ish atmoshpere... Good Luck to you.

Comment

Yes please please do it
      You and Alex were my favorite music-makers. I remember when the UMX plugin for winamp came out and i heard all the tracks from Unreal, UT and Deus again and again. Hence i created CD's for my car to hear UT-tracks on the Autobahn Theyre still the best i know from any game
      :: My UT3 maps :: German UT3 mapping tutorials :: UT Art :: current UT4 map WIP ::

Comment

Yeah we definitely need more music like the UT99 music. its so amazing. The hallmark of great music is also that you can listen to it again and again without it getting old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MSFW8pZ-_4

songs like
        Unreal Tournament Menu [0:00]
        Unreal Tournament Title [2:01]
        Cannonade [12:42]
        Enigma [20:49] This one just gives me chills!. So atmospheric.
        Mechanism Eight [40:21]
        Organic [56:00]
        Underworld 2 [1:43:41]

Some of my absolutely favorite, but again i love all the UT 99 music. they are calm, yet epic and atmospheric, they get you really pumped and get to get some killing going!.

Even use this music when i run or work out. Its totally the music i would listen to if i was in an unreal tournament.

I mean even the menu THEME of all things sound more badass, than most music in current games, and its just the menu theme
        Last edited by RMJ; 05-09-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMJ View Post
          Yeah we definitely need more music like the UT99 music. its so amazing. The hallmark of great music is also that you can listen to it again and again without it getting old.
          True, which can't be said for other composers of the series *coughkevinriepl&romdipriscocough*. While their music wasn't necessarily bad, it got old really quick. And that's deadly for games with long lasting playability like UT. Alexander and Michiel's music never got old.

Comment

I think you both couldn't be a better choice for the new UT series. The music you guys composed are certainly one of the best eletronic stuff I've heard!

Comment

UT would not have got as far as it has without its masterpiece of a soundtrack. I still listen to ut99 music on a frequent basis.

It would be fantastic news indeed if Michiel and Alex got on-board.

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
                Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
                If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
                Michiel van den Bos
                By all means, please come back and create us some cool music for the new version of UT! That would be Awesome!

Comment

Michiel,
                  Of course we would be thrilled to have you and Alex involved in this project! The music you guys made always invokes tremendous nostalgia for me - I'm always instantly transported back to playing UT. How are you interested in participating?

Steve

Comment

Okay, here I go teenage girl style... Michiel and Alexander: you guys are *GODLIKE* to me plain and simple. Without your music, UT would be half the game it is. I literally wake up to Foregone everyday as my alarm. When I was remaking SpaceNoxx for UT3 (DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx), I added Foregone in as the music at a very early stage and it kept me inspired the whole way through on every play test. The music from both of you guys is pure genius.

If you guys get involved in this, it would get a massive boost ahead IMO. I'm actually completely stunned that you guys have popped up in this forum. Amazing! (teenage girl -off)
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I loved your music in original UT <3

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Polge View Post
                        Michiel,
                        Of course we would be thrilled to have you and Alex involved in this project! The music you guys made always invokes tremendous nostalgia for me - I'm always instantly transported back to playing UT. How are you interested in participating?

Steve
                        Thank you, Steven!

Comment

New Unreal Tournament will happen... For free... Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos propably do the music for new UT... Hmmm... This is f&*&*& UNREAL! I'm dreaming right now? This is EPIC! Guys please do it!

...and thanks for many, many of awesome moments in my life! I'm reguraly listening music from all UTs and Deus Ex... Bring it! Cheers!

Comment

Epic music, get these guys back!

Comment

Best composers ever, don't forget about the music for Deus Ex!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Polge View Post
                                Michiel,

Steve
                                Thank you so much!!! omg it is happening

Comment

Working...
                                X