No announcement yet.

Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please though, keep the original title/menu score. I don't mind if it's jazzed up a little bit. But don't change it!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Polge View Post
      Michiel,
      Of course we would be thrilled to have you and Alex involved in this project! The music you guys made always invokes tremendous nostalgia for me - I'm always instantly transported back to playing UT. How are you interested in participating?

Steve
      Can I cry in happiness now? <3 <3

Originally posted by Neorej
      Actually, I have a question for Michiel van den Bos and Alexander Brandon:

Regardless of the event that you return to compose music for the game, fans will be asking to remix this or that song anyway (it's already happening, if I remember correctly). I was wondering how you feel towards this idea; would you rather focus exclusively on all-new tracks, or are you perhaps already thinking about which tracks you would like to make a return in a modern form? Would it take a lot of time and effort to remake these tracks?
      He said earlier in this thread how some tunes he will want to revisit, but the majority to be fresh new songs.

Comment

Oh, I read over that. Ok, then my post has no longer got a point, so I'll delete it. Thanks for the response!

Comment

It would be nice to have an option for all the original songs from ut 99 to be in the game. Or allows us by folder to put them in. So they play randomly. and then they can focus on redoing, remixing the songs they want and making new.

I personally was very happy when Blizzard finally added Starcraft 1 and Broodwar music to Starcraft 2. No reason why good old music should go to waste like that, when its so simple to move it over.

Comment

I love you, please get involved

Comment

It's really cool you're interested on working on UT once again! Given the whole point is for this to be a community focused project, can you talk a bit about how you might support community involvement in the soundtrack?

Comment

Originally posted by Neorej View Post
                True, which can't be said for other composers of the series *coughkevinriepl&romdipriscocough*. While their music wasn't necessarily bad, it got old really quick. And that's deadly for games with long lasting playability like UT. Alexander and Michiel's music never got old.
                I can't agree with what you said about Kevin Riepl. He made soundtracks for Ut2004 that are simply amazing, and even back in the days when i played the game very seriously(clan wars, tournaments), it didn't make me turn off the music. The music kinda got me pumped up everytime to play on my absolute best . And yes ut99 was one of the first fps games that i enjoyed a lot, and the music is also amazing! I would personally love to see some new soundtracks(for this game) from the ut2004&ut99 composers
                Last edited by masterwork; 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Oh god this is too great. I listen to Unreal 1 and UT99 OST all the time, the tracks are so unique, memorable, adrenaline pumping, and atmospheric.

Unreal 1 remains one of my favorite games simply because of atmosphere, and I really can't imagine UT without you (I put all UT99 and Unreal tracks into 2k4).

This is just so wonderful, thank you Alex and Michiel for all the years of listening to your wonderful music.

Comment

Yes. Please.

Comment

Please, do.
                      Music and Level design were what gave an essence both Unreal and UT, having one of the composers back is indeed the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner View Post
                        Just registered to say this: the original music in Unreal and Unreal Tournament was almost 50% of the experience, so yes, please, Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos must be in on the project.
                        so true. I can go through the whole unreal 1 single players just to see the ending sequence with that masterpiece of composition that is "main title"

Comment

Michiel,
                          Of course we would be thrilled to have you and Alex involved in this project! The music you guys made always invokes tremendous nostalgia for me - I'm always instantly transported back to playing UT. How are you interested in participating?

Steve
                          This is just great.

Comment

Thank you, Steven, for dropping by and expressing interest in getting Alex and Michiel to write the soundtrack for the new UT game. I sincerely hope you guys can come to an agreement. And if you manage to squeeze Rom Di Prisco in there somewhere as well, it will be a match made in heaven. Rom has written some of the best EDM tracks I have ever heard and I loved his original tunes for UT2007.

Thanks again!

Comment

Michiel,

Steve
                              Im drinking to this tonight! Hell, who am i kidding, i would have had that drink anyway, still i`m celebrating. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Miq View Post
                                Im drinking to this tonight! Hell, who am i kidding, i would have had that drink anyway, still i`m celebrating. :P
                                me too i cant believe this is happening!

Comment

Working...
                                X