No announcement yet.

Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gods! They have returned once more to bless us with awesome music!

It aint UT w/o Van Den Bos and Alex making the music. This will be frickin glorious!

Comment

Hollly ****! I just made an account just to tell you that your music is AWESOME and like from another dimension, it'd be a great honour to see you making it happen again, I absolutely love your calm relaxing & very interesting music! it's like beyond reality and takes you into another world, I think I can speak for the community saying YES, WE WOULD LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Polge View Post
        Michiel,
        Of course we would be thrilled to have you and Alex involved in this project! The music you guys made always invokes tremendous nostalgia for me - I'm always instantly transported back to playing UT. How are you interested in participating?

Steve
        This just keeps on getting better and better. Somebody pinch me!

Comment

Give this guy the job, as he'll most certainly create the right feel. But as for me personally, he's one of the reasons why I got hooked to UT99.
          Bring back the Randall!

Comment

Your work rocks, they would have to be crazy to deny you a part in this.

Comment

Hell yeah! Amazing news.

Comment

ut99 soundtrack was great, i like especially: "Cannonade", "Into the darkness(ending)", "Mission Landing" and menu + "Title" Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5kEYrk9s68 UT3 have great remixes of the last two songs.
                Anyway, Ut3 had nice soundtrack too - i love these two songs:
                Quantum Velocity
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gytw00FtvU
                Tactical Agenda
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2xrrjZZ68k

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Ive managed to contact one of the ut2004 composers.
                  for the onces interested: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-is-interested

Comment

CONFIRMED FOR UT4 HELLYES.

I'm definitely understanding of all new tracks and just a few nods to old ones. That's just fine. The point is that these guys get it. As long as they are doing music for this game it will live a long, happy life.

Comment

Yes sir, UT feels lacking without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
                        @HenrikRyosa Point taken. If we are invited to participate, there are a handful of tunes I'd like to revisit but I'd definitely want the majority to be new...so other people can remix those for future installments
                        Maybe we even can make some kind of remix contest on one of your tracks, if you share the assets. Then community will pick up the best remix (or remixes) from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
                          Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
                          If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
                          Michiel van den Bos
                          I really liked your music in Unreal and Unreal Tournament, excellent work. It really helped set the feel for the game, which imo is the right feel for UT in general. The clean futuristic look and feel of the previous versions was something I missed from UT3.

Comment

Get these guys on board, like myself i know a lot of players are probably fans of theirs. I particularly love and still listen to many of theirs tracks, Run, Lock, Botpack9, the original UT Menu theme. This is a no brainer!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Pulse View Post
                              Please.

All of this.

Please.

This man is part of what made Unreal and UT99 the classics that they are.
                              100% agreed.
                              The original Unreal/Unreal Gold had one of the best soundtracks of all time, IMO.

WE NEED YOU TWO

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Polge View Post
                                Michiel,
                                Of course we would be thrilled to have you and Alex involved in this project! The music you guys made always invokes tremendous nostalgia for me - I'm always instantly transported back to playing UT. How are you interested in participating?

Steve
                                Hiring a composer through a forum gotta be w new thing xD

Comment

Working...
                                X