Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos

It would be awesome to have you guys!

Comment

I just signed up here to say:
      UT + Michiel + Alex = Masterpiece.

Comment

Not a hoax. Michiel speaks true. And we greatly appreciate your support!

-Alex

Comment

Hey bud!

Comment

OH WOW.... what a way to announce yourself man (OP) the music that you created sparked off a generation where games actually started to develop real music in gaming for the first time in my opinion. I don't know who made the track "RUN" for the map DM-Combine but tempest and facing worlds have one of the most iconic pieces of music in gaming as far as I'm concerned and if you really really could make the music with Alex for the new UT game holy moley that would be absolutely EPIC!!! please DO IT!!

Comment

Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.
              Guys. Really. Please! That'd be great!
              Also I'd like to mention amazing UT2003/4 OST, so... are there anyone up to hearing Kevin Riepl and Starsky Partridge music? I mean, they've done some incredible tracks, combined both electronic and orchestral music. Although, I don't know if they're still composing and making some stuff, or not, and in that case - will they join or not.

Comment

Michiel, Please participate in this project, together with Brandon you two made the music/sound of UT that made it a legendary. Till this day people listen to the music, how awesome is that? What a better reward can you get

Hop in!

Comment

That guy made your games great, don't forget him!! Let him show(or rather remember) you how deep and touching ost could be.

Comment

Hi!

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
                    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
                    Michiel van den Bos
                    Dude - the music you put in UT99 was absolutely epic. I still listen to that soundtrack and I think I speak for everyone when I say YOU MUST BE INVOLVED IN THIS GAMES SOUNDTRACK, PLEASE!!! A remix of your classic Facing Worlds track would be superb, I am 100% sure Epic will want you involved! Your music was a key reason the game lives on and we are all here today!
                    M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

Michiel, I'd say your involvement in this project would be more than welcome.
                      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by -Mach!- View Post
                        Michiel, Please participate in this project, together with Brandon you two made the music/sound of UT that made it a legendary. Till this day people listen to the music, how awesome is that? What a better reward can you get

Hop in!
                        I couldn't agree with that sentence any more!! the music that was made for UT has simply been some of the best pieces of music ever made for game... and its timeless... the original Unreal music which i only have in my playlist as chizra1 along with the original UT still sound absolutely superb now, even without playing the game... please please do it guys you are legends in your own right and you probably don't even know it.... pretty much all the people I ever played UT on lan with would contest to your legendary status

Comment

I'm happy to have the power of typing words because of some of these replies have left me completely speechless. Thanks so much.

Comment

At this point we've heard so many remixes of classic UT tracks they're coming out my ears. Please grace us with completely new music if you guys do something. Otherwise it is kind of like, why bother? You're the originals, and you clearly have the skillz. New memories, not reliving the old for another ten years.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I'm happy to have the power of typing words because of some of these replies have left me completely speechless. Thanks so much.
                              No, sir. Thank both of you for giving us memories that are burnt into our brains.

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                              At this point we've heard so many remixes of classic UT tracks they're coming out my ears. Please grace us with completely new music if you guys do something. Otherwise it is kind of like, why bother? You're the originals, and you clearly have the skillz. New memories, not reliving the old for another ten years.
                              New tracks will be good, but any good throwback will have at least a few remixes. UT3 had some, after all.

But they weren't quite the same. Some guy doing a remix of someone else's work, it kind of loses its soul in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Pulse View Post
                                No, sir. Thank both of you for giving us memories that are burnt into our brains.
                                This is all that needs to be said

Comment

Working...
                                X