Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg, this is the best possible outcome <3

Comment

Hey Michiel, Alex, and Kevin- you guys are great. The three of you are the soundtrack to my youth, and I still listen to the Unreal, UT, and 2k4 soundtracks on long evenings. I'd play the new UT for the music alone if you wind up working on it! I don't usually play competitive shooters with music, but it's a crime to play UT without the ear-rocking sonic experience you've all provided.

I sincerely hope you do manage to get something worked out with Epic! Regardless, thanks for many thousands of hours of music.

Comment

I've kept myself from posting in game design discussion threads since an overall vision for the game has yet to take form. This is the one thread I feel everyone who loves Unreal Tournament should post in to support your collaboration with the new project.

Thank you Michael and Alex for your previous work! I've listened to your tracks during hundreds of hours in-game as well as many nights writing code at university and work or at the gym. I sincerely hope your talent will be brought on board.

Best of health and looking forward to hearing your creations in the new game!

Comment

I'd love to hear whether Rom Di Prisco would also be interested.

Comment

Heck yes you should!

I would love if you'd join the team that's going to turn the new UT into the old original UT. I think your music would be more fitting there.

Comment

I'm hopping in on the discussion here as well!

The UT soundtrack is indeed beyond legendary, and an inseparable part of the game. This absolutely needs to happen!
              Last edited by Eltempe; 05-12-2014, 03:41 AM.
              -Eltempe-

Level design & art portfolio: http://www.shrrred.com

Comment

It's kind of funny how it seems like Brandon and Michiel seems to have missed that the entire 90's gaming world regard their soundtrack as one of the best ever, regardless of platform or even industry.

15 years later i still go around beatboxing the UT soundtrack. It really is timeless. Although sound quality is starting to get a bit dated so HD-versions wouldn't hurt

Comment

YES! DO IT!

Unreal (all UTs) music always had a special atmosphere so as many of the original composers as possible the better. I myself am a musician, more traditional than game music but I have done game music, but I'd much rather those that can properly compose in the 'style' of UT and having lived it, make new music for a new UT. It's part of the charm!

Hope you get to do it and hope epic can use it.
                  To Epic: Windows Phone 8.1 support & AVI/Video on texture support in UE4 please!

Mapped for Unreal/UT99/UT2k3/2k4 and hopefully new UT | UE4 developer | Oculus Rift Developer.
                  www.realityfakers.com

Comment

I also only registered for this thread to show my support First of all, games like Unreal, UT and Deus Ex would not be instant classics without your music guys (Michiel, Alex and remaining people who made music for these games - Andrew Sega also comes to mind Mechanism Eight rocks haha). Your music took it to another level. So I hope you will make music for new UT.

Originally posted by drey08 View Post
                    I'd love to hear whether Rom Di Prisco would also be interested.
                    Yes, Rom is amazing too especially his NFS stuff but he fits nicely in UT as well.

By the way, Michiel do you plan to make some solo stuff?
                    Last edited by Loneck; 05-12-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one here who would rather see the more recent composers return? I think Kevin Riepl gave UT the best soundtrack it's ever had. I hope someone can reach out to him and see if he'd be interested in returning.
                      Last edited by Borbarad101; 05-12-2014, 05:14 PM.
                      Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Originally posted by Borbarad101 View Post
                        Am I the only one here who would rather see the more recent composers return? I think Kevin Riepl gave UT the best soundtrack it's ever had. I hope someone can reach out to him and see if he'd be interested in returning.
                        You might want to look at the forums harder. There's a thread for that! (and he's interested)
                        Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                        My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                          You might want to look at the forums harder. There's a thread for that! (and he's interested)
                          I only just made an account today, and yes I did find it after searching the forum. I'm glad he's considering it, but he's not 100% on board. I hope he does contribute in some way. In any case, I could settle for the classic composers.
                          Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

This is so awesome that IGN even made a thread about it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ard-for-reboot

Comment

Shameless plug of my old remix of the UT99 intro to get people in the mood:
                              The track it's blended with is from UT3 but I can't remember the title offhand, perhaps someone can help me out :P

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Perhaps now this thread should be moved to the music and sounds sub-forum section on the UT development forum here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/foru...ound-and-Music

Might actually be a better place for it?

Comment

Working...
                                X