Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos
    You and Alex both created such atmospheric music, I mean the kind that if you close your eyes, you could get beautiful visuals out of the music alone. I also enjoyed the original music more than any Unreal version afterwards. I could listen to the music without even playing the game, when I do art!!

I just wanted to thank you for what you have already done, with great passion! An inspiration to be sure!!!
    Your involvement would so favor the atmosphere I believe and whatever you choose to do, it would be great, I still play UT3 with the music off, and pumping in some oldschool UT music HAHA!!!

Bah_Mee

Comment

@HenrikRyosa Point taken. If we are invited to participate, there are a handful of tunes I'd like to revisit but I'd definitely want the majority to be new...so other people can remix those for future installments

Comment

Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
        If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
        Michiel van den Bos
        Sir, I would love your music to be part of this next Unreal Tournament game! Forgone Destruction is such a classic song. I pray to Epic that they will contact you. Keep making great music
        FEAR THE TATER

Comment

*thumbs up*

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Yes, this would be perfect if you ask me. Been listening to UT99 soundtrack since last week when the first tweets came out. This would be, in my opinion, one of the best things that could happen for the new game.

Comment

I'm happy to have the power of typing words because of some of these replies have left me completely speechless. Thanks so much.
              This is fantastic, if you really didn't know how well regarded your talent is, and the memories it left on the UT99 community, then this thread has been a blessing. I am 27 and have been gaming since I was about 7/8, and that game, hands down, has the best soundtrack I can ever remember. It perfectly captured absolutely everything that Epic were aiming for with the atmosphere.
              M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

Originally posted by yoshy View Post
                Yes, this would be perfect if you ask me. Been listening to UT99 soundtrack since last week when the first tweets came out. This would be, in my opinion, one of the best things that could happen for the new game.
                lol funny enough I been doing the same thing ha!

Comment

I made some advertisments for this thread on the unreal tournament facebook pages, and will do this on twitter.
                  You're talent and work is needed for this game, and tbh, these kind of 'begging / advertisement' threads shouldn't be needed for you guys. Everyone know the UT sound/music, and you guys made that happen!

Comment

The music to UT99 was my childhood. It would mean a lot to a lot of people if the old band got back together for this game.

Comment

Hell yes, bring back that nostalgic feeling that got us all hooked on the UT series

Comment

Guys name some of your most favorite unreal tournament tracks and which map it was on:

SKYWARD FIRE - CTF-LavaGiant (this has to be my favorite track of all time!)
                        RUN - DM-Conveyor
                        FOREGONE DESTRUCTION - CTF-Face

These 3 tracks are just absolute legends!!

Comment

Three best for me (sorry, don't know the track names):

CTF-Face
                          DM-Liandri
                          DM-Phobos
                          M-M-M-MONSTER KILL..Kill...kill

Comment

I love the tracks Organic and Forgone Destruction and I would love to see them be remastered/remade by the original composers of UT99 for this upcoming game. Also, tracks like Phantom, Razorback, Save Me, BotMCA #10, and Strider would be really neat to see get the same treatment as well. Also, maybe a finished version of Extremely Executable could fit in somewhere too.

Comment

Wow, this has been the best info I heard lately. Perhaps even better than the fact UT is being developed! The moment I heard of it, I registered here as soon as I could to show the support for MvdB and AB. UT is not UT without them.

Comment

Just skimmed through the UT GOTY soundtrack ... here are some of my favorites.

1. Go Down, Razorback < so much nostalgia. Even if everything else is new, plz give remixes.
                                2. Organic, Fire Breath < both of these epitomize the style of music I associate with UT99.

Honorable mentions: Colossus, Mech8, Mission, Phantom, many of the others already mentioned above ...
                                Last edited by gzv; 05-09-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X