No announcement yet.

Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news, it turns out that Michiel apparently won't be composing music for the new UT4, according to unreallover23. He got an email from the guy about it.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...the-soundtrack

Comment

Originally posted by Skerion View Post
      Bad news, it turns out that Michiel apparently won't be composing music for the new UT4, according to unreallover23. He got an email from the guy about it.

Its a shame, but his reasoning seems fine for me, it seems some of the problems with open-source games are beginning to surface :/
      Tbh, I'd be more than happy to pay £5 for propriety unreal knowing that they could hire people like Michiel and knowing that the game will almost certainly have a quality boost due to profit incentive

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
        Its a shame, but his reasoning seems fine for me, it seems some of the problems with open-source games are beginning to surface :/
        Tbh, I'd be more than happy to pay £5 for propriety unreal knowing that they could hire people like Michiel and knowing that the game will almost certainly have a quality boost due to profit incentive
        Yeah, me too.

Comment

Do you think his decision would have been any different if he had been accepted to be on the official UT4 team rather than continued to be just another forum contributor? I would figure that those guys actually do get paid.

Comment

Seems pretty clear based on that email. If he were a paid member of the Epic team, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.
            NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
            My movies on YouTube:
            UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
            , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
            UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Yeah, I guess it is pretty obvious. Sorry.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it is pretty obvious. Sorry.
                Don't mean to offend Skerion, my apologies. It is a shame though, like others have said, I'm sure people would be willing to shell out a few bucks for the game if it meant Epic could hire a few more staff members (across the board, not just music-wise) that could be focused just on this UT.
                NoBrainsNoAims^ // nbna^
                My movies on YouTube:
                UT2k4: UT~]i[mmortalZ Part 1
                , Part 2 / UT~]i[mmortalZ 2 / UT Immortalz 3
                UT4: Rocket Jumping - Titan Pass

UT4: Frag Highlights #1 / #2 / #3 NEW

Comment

Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
                  Don't mean to offend Skerion, my apologies. It is a shame though, like others have said, I'm sure people would be willing to shell out a few bucks for the game if it meant Epic could hire a few more staff members (across the board, not just music-wise) that could be focused just on this UT.
                  Perhaps they can set up a donation site? If I can spend £10 on don't starve, I can buy UT for a pretty price

Comment

I'd be totally willing to donate to an Unreal Tournament kickstarter if it meant the team would have more funds to work with on the project, meaning they could bring back the original composers and maybe even more than that.

Comment

I'd gladly donate 150€ just to bring brack the original composers. Please Epic, launch a kickstarter.

Comment

Even someone who started out as a nobody like Gooba is now an Epic employee. Why couldn't well known people like Alex and MCA be paid?
                        The new UT is coming along nicely...
                        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

You know, it's weird that neither Michiel Van Den Bos or Alexander Brandon had mentioned that they decided that they weren't going to be making music for UT4 besides that email that Michiel sent to that one guy supposably as a reply to said guy's question. Like, not on here or Facebook, I don't think. It kinda makes me wonder how long ago they actually decided against doing music for UT4.

Comment

Wow, that's quite irrational and impolite, if true.
                            Hearing that officially from Epic would be right thing to do, since many of us were looking forward to their participation.
                            I still remember that even IGN featured it in news feed as accomplished fact - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ard-for-reboot .

Comment

Originally posted by Bosch View Post
                              Hearing that officially from Epic would be right thing to do, since many of us were looking forward to their participation.
                              I still remember that even IGN featured it in news feed as accomplished fact - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ard-for-reboot .
                              To be fair:
                              The composers responsible for the original Unreal Tournament soundtrack have announced they'd love to get involved with the recently announced reboot, and it looks like Epic Games may take them up on the offer.

It was never confirmed. True or not, I for one think their time is gone, especially Alexander Brandon's considering what he's produced since Unreal and UT99.
                              Soundcloud / Soundtracks Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bosch View Post
                                I don't think its irrational. They want to be compensated for their work and Epic is probably not willing to shell out big money for music tracks in the game. These guys compose music for a living. I'm sure they are fans somewhat but they are not hardcore fans like us and are not going to make the music for free.

If anything Epic is being irrational by not wanting to compensate these guys and have the best music possible in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X