No announcement yet.

Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, should have mentioned that there is no bad blood whatsoever. Everything was handled amicably and dialogue between us and Jim/Steve was well handled. We just didn't reach an agreement that suited all parties. Hopefully things will change in the future. Thanks, Jim!

Cheers,
    Michiel

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderBrandon View Post
      There's also this, which was specifically written inspired by the Unreal / UT universe:

http://alexanderbrandon.bandcamp.com...eam-of-na-pali

That's great! Really captures the atmosphere of the series...
      Dethmanrulz..... from the INA/Atari forum days...

Skill-Club! If anyone remembers...

Comment

I wonder where Andrew Sega is in all of this. I really enjoyed his tracks the most out of everything (sans hyperblast) Is there any chance of someone contacting him about this, or has he already spoken in here? I'd love for a modern version of Isotoxin to come about, it's legit one of my favorite tracks in the franchise. (Though his entire work previously in the game 'In Pursuit of Greed' is utterly stellar and would be a welcome addition.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gebloner View Post
          sans hyperblast
          Andrew Sega didn't make the music for Hyperblast...It's "Go Down", by Alexander Brandon, which also appears in Deck16][.
          The new UT is coming along nicely...
          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Yeah, I believe that Andrew Sega just did Mechanism Eight in UT99.

Comment

Correct, Andrew Sega did Mechanism Eight for UT99. Andrew still is a producer, keyboard player and guitarist for the band Iris and composes under his own pseudonym "The Alpha Conspiracy". His main job is a senior engineer for Zynga in NYC. Like Michiel and myself I'm sure he'd love to write new stuff. But, he's been performing and writing professionally for years, and the same deal would apply.

https://xyzzy.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
                It's a gigantic letdown, because I was absolutely psyched to revisit Unreal Tournament. I wasn't just a composer on the original, but I've played particularly UT99 and UT2k4 completely to death, so I'm also a huge fan of the franchise. I doubt I'll be able to rack up frags today with my diminished reaction-skills but that's beside the point
                This has actually made me really sad but I understand your position, I really hope you do get some free time and Unreal inspires you once more! Just remember youre not just doing this for Epic, as a fan of UT yourself youre part of the community, you would be doing it for all of us and the length of this thread proves how greatful the fans would be even after more than a decade. I was really looking forward to hearing how far everyone had come since the original, perhaps even more collaboration on tracks even with the artists who wernt on the original UT soundtrack, a huge opportunity wasted it seems.
                Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

I hear ya :/ we DID do a revised main theme! Will it show up? Dunno...

Comment

I think I need to hear this. This sounds too good to pass up.

Comment

Hell yeah. I only knew Alex recreated Flightcastle from Unreal 1 something like 2 years ago, but not this.
                      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

If you did a revised theme, you never sent it to me. If you DO want it to show up, that'd be the first step!
                        Jim Brown
                        @EntropicDev
                        Epic Games

Comment

Now I'm anticipating this. We have a main menu music so far, but not a main theme music just yet. It would've been really good to hear what your new take on UT related music would've been, especially with the modern tools. We can only hope maybe you would produce one or two tracks for this iteration, in your free time, maybe in collaboration with Michiel. It's better than nothing.
                          Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

As a matter of fact I don't even think we have a main menu music. We had a new arrangement for much of 2015 now, but for whatever reason Epic switched back to the UT99 version lately.

Comment

Originally posted by MacD11 View Post
                              I think I need to hear this. This sounds too good to pass up.
                              yesss pls we need to hear this, we have been waiting for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                                As a matter of fact I don't even think we have a main menu music. We had a new arrangement for much of 2015 now, but for whatever reason Epic switched back to the UT99 version lately.
                                Maybe that arrangement has been removed since the main composers of the original UT announced their contribution.

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X