Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by AlexanderBrandon View Post
    Interesting. I'm afraid I can't speak to what is official or unofficial, or if the assumption that the original UT99 mapper being paid is correct. But... interesting. To directly answer your question, you're right, we weren't hired to be part of any official team.
    Alexander, i dont know if anybody asked it already or not, but is there any way to get the unreal, unreal return to na pali, unreal tournament and deus ex soundtracks in some (at least) cd quality format? I think many of us would like it. yeah, i'd pay a great deal for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting. I'm afraid I can't speak to what is official or unofficial, or if the assumption that the original UT99 mapper being paid is correct. But... interesting. To directly answer your question, you're right, we weren't hired to be part of any official team.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the clarification of the matter, Alexander. I take it that neither of you were hired on to the official UT4 team and were pretty much on the same level as the other contributors that made content for free, right?

The reason I'm wondering is because there are mappers on this forum that are contributing to the game and making maps for free (Not that many maps are being put into the game, but Epic are currently showing off CTF-Pistola and DM-Lea and have them in the game, I believe), but there's someone who used to work on official maps for UT99 that's currently on the official team, and I'm assuming that he's getting paid for his work. With that in mind, it would be kinda weird that fair compensation would be the reason that you two didn't get hired.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is an alternate route that still gets the fans new music, still under discussion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a thought:

If skins/models can be bought in this game, couldn't music? If AlexanderBrandon & Michiel Van Den Bos make a track and post it on the marketplace I know I'd press the buy button faster than a shock combo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greetings everyone,

It's easy to get confused if communication doesn't take place. So to clarify, Michiel and I wrote a revised title theme and submitted it. Whether it is in, I'm not sure. But we won't be providing additional music. This isn't because we don't want to, or that we demand unreasonable things, or that our "time is gone" (both of us have written quite a bit of music since, just not for UT, and things just change, it's the way of this and other industries... Alexander Courage was the original composer for Star Trek but half a dozen composers have taken on Star Trek scores since then). It's because this is a community built game, and compensation to us wouldn't be fair to the other community composers. I totally understand this, Michiel understands this, Epic understands it. And yes, the difference between the community writers and us is that this is our living and how we pay our bills.

Having said that I can't lie: it's a huge, huge bummer. But we understand and accept the rationale and look forward to playing the great new content being developed by a new breed of developer, and hope you continue to listen to our tunes, as we will never stop writing!

-Alex

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos

i love you UT goty had the best sountrack also add Colossus my favorite song <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bosch View Post
    Wow, that's quite irrational and impolite, if true.
    Hearing that officially from Epic would be right thing to do, since many of us were looking forward to their participation.
    I still remember that even IGN featured it in news feed as accomplished fact - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ard-for-reboot .
    I don't think its irrational. They want to be compensated for their work and Epic is probably not willing to shell out big money for music tracks in the game. These guys compose music for a living. I'm sure they are fans somewhat but they are not hardcore fans like us and are not going to make the music for free.

If anything Epic is being irrational by not wanting to compensate these guys and have the best music possible in the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bosch View Post
    Hearing that officially from Epic would be right thing to do, since many of us were looking forward to their participation.
    I still remember that even IGN featured it in news feed as accomplished fact - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ard-for-reboot .
    To be fair:
    The composers responsible for the original Unreal Tournament soundtrack have announced they'd love to get involved with the recently announced reboot, and it looks like Epic Games may take them up on the offer.

It was never confirmed. True or not, I for one think their time is gone, especially Alexander Brandon's considering what he's produced since Unreal and UT99.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Skerion View Post
    Bad news, it turns out that Michiel apparently won't be composing music for the new UT4, according to unreallover23. He got an email from the guy about it.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...the-soundtrack

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know, it's weird that neither Michiel Van Den Bos or Alexander Brandon had mentioned that they decided that they weren't going to be making music for UT4 besides that email that Michiel sent to that one guy supposably as a reply to said guy's question. Like, not on here or Facebook, I don't think. It kinda makes me wonder how long ago they actually decided against doing music for UT4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Even someone who started out as a nobody like Gooba is now an Epic employee. Why couldn't well known people like Alex and MCA be paid?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd gladly donate 150€ just to bring brack the original composers. Please Epic, launch a kickstarter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd be totally willing to donate to an Unreal Tournament kickstarter if it meant the team would have more funds to work with on the project, meaning they could bring back the original composers and maybe even more than that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NoBrainsNoAims^ View Post
    Don't mean to offend Skerion, my apologies. It is a shame though, like others have said, I'm sure people would be willing to shell out a few bucks for the game if it meant Epic could hire a few more staff members (across the board, not just music-wise) that could be focused just on this UT.
    Perhaps they can set up a donation site? If I can spend £10 on don't starve, I can buy UT for a pretty price

Leave a comment:

Working...
X