Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Skerion View Post
    Yeah, I guess it is pretty obvious. Sorry.
    Don't mean to offend Skerion, my apologies. It is a shame though, like others have said, I'm sure people would be willing to shell out a few bucks for the game if it meant Epic could hire a few more staff members (across the board, not just music-wise) that could be focused just on this UT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I guess it is pretty obvious. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems pretty clear based on that email. If he were a paid member of the Epic team, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you think his decision would have been any different if he had been accepted to be on the official UT4 team rather than continued to be just another forum contributor? I would figure that those guys actually do get paid.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
    Its a shame, but his reasoning seems fine for me, it seems some of the problems with open-source games are beginning to surface :/
    Tbh, I'd be more than happy to pay £5 for propriety unreal knowing that they could hire people like Michiel and knowing that the game will almost certainly have a quality boost due to profit incentive
    Yeah, me too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Skerion View Post
    Bad news, it turns out that Michiel apparently won't be composing music for the new UT4, according to unreallover23. He got an email from the guy about it.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...the-soundtrack
    Its a shame, but his reasoning seems fine for me, it seems some of the problems with open-source games are beginning to surface :/
    Tbh, I'd be more than happy to pay £5 for propriety unreal knowing that they could hire people like Michiel and knowing that the game will almost certainly have a quality boost due to profit incentive

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bad news, it turns out that Michiel apparently won't be composing music for the new UT4, according to unreallover23. He got an email from the guy about it.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...the-soundtrack

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dear Michiel,

Your music is AWESOME. I'm 32 now.. and to this day I listen to the UT'99 Soundtrack when I want to lift my spirit. During every game I play.. and loads of other times...
    If there is more music anywhere from you, like this, please please post it.

I think you're involved with the new UT! THANKS! Your music is awesome!

Bedankt ouwe! Echt ****ing briljant!

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
    Hi!

My name is Michiel van den Bos and one of the two main composers for the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. It's been a while and my memory's a bit foggy, but my music has been featured in classic maps like Curse][, Codex, Facing Worlds, Tempest and many others. I've been composing for games ever since, including the universally praised soundtrack for Age of Wonders 3.

I'm writing here because I was getting messages and e-mails telling me I should, due to the announcement of the new UT.

I was wondering if there is any interest in me getting involved and I'm sure I can get Alex to join in too.
    If so, I'd be happy to continue a discussion here or off-forum at mikebossmusic[at]gmail.com.

Thank you for your attention and best regards,
    Michiel van den Bos

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a must.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like to hear a newer version of "Go Down" (DM-Deck16II) in a near future...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We need this, so so so bad <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey y'all.
    I just signed up for one thing.
    I have been listening to UT99's soundtracks for 16 years now. Daily that is.
    UT99 is one the games we can call as PERFECT. Everything was in place.

I just signed up to plead for the return of the original composers of UT99.
    I usually don't sign up for game forums.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having the original pair on board would be a dream come true! I'm glad the composers loved their work for UT so much that they'd care to give us an encore. Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Agree! An update would be great also

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just want to add my support to this. Your music for UT is some of my favourite music ever, and always helps me concentrate and relax...probably due to my love for the franchise as well as it just being brilliantly suited music to the game. I can't wait to hear if you will make tracks for the new UT! I hope Epic is on board

Leave a comment:

Working...
X