Music (Original Unreal/UT Composer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99s music was fantastic, glad to see some interest in making more for UT

Music and sound have massive impacts on a game, much more than most people realise

Comment

Yes! Michiel van den Bos is a legend

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Pulse View Post
        Please.

All of this.

Please.

This man is part of what made Unreal and UT99 the classics that they are.
        Nuff said.

Comment

Thank you for all the tracks! They've been great part of the game, making just the right rithm for gameplay.

You know, now you got many people to listen to the OST of UT99. Turn the sound, close your eyes, and you're in the game.

Please join the team!
          Thanks.

Comment

If both of you (Alex and Mike) somehow do get selected to do the music, are you planning to make it on a music tracker like always? I would think yes but games these days don't use MOD as audio format, especially with a big franchise game UT is now
            FEAR THE TATER

Comment

This is definitely a good start

Comment

This. Without a doubt, THIS.

I dont think Epic quite realise what an impact the music from the original UT had on us youth back in the days when we were playing this over 56Kbps modems...
                I was in my Guns 'n' Roses and Nirvana phase when UT came along. All of a sudden I got this fast paced game that had me hooked from the title sequence (I seem to remember the vocals in the title sequence being WAY louder than they should have been?). There was this Electronica music that I'd not really heard before. I'd heard DnB before (and hated it), but this was chilled out - relaxing - but also with a sense of urgency, like it was building to something big.
                Playing the later editions of the games, just didn't have the same feel as the sound tracks were heavier and more "in your face".
                One of the big reasons I loved UT over Q3A at the time, was the HUGE maps. The huge maps needed the atmospheric background tracks that immersed you in the scene, not the heavy in-your-face versions. You were able to turn all the lights off, turn up the headphones, and totally lose yourself in the game.
                Nowadays, DnB is my favourite type of music (and if you saw the 000's of CD's I have, you'd understand thats pretty big). All down to this game landing on my lap...

Epic, do this. You wont regret it...

Comment

Originally posted by sepuku View Post
                  DnB is my favourite type of music
                  Lets not forget Rom Di Prisco, Jesper Kyd and Kevin Riepl
                  they did a very good job on remixing our favourite tracks

Last edited by artuur; 05-09-2014, 04:32 AM.

Comment

@Taternaut I'm afraid not. We've all moved on since then and to be honest, I have no desire to make MOD music anymore What good is tens of thousands worth of equipment/samples if I have to go back to that
                    Last edited by Michielvandenbos; 05-09-2014, 04:32 AM.

Comment

DO IT!

The OST was literally the definitive mood setter of UT '99. [Which had the best mood/sound design of all the Unreal games.]

Just do it. Remake your facing worlds tune all hi quality and 2014 style, and work on others with that style in mind.

Comment

Just wanted to say all of the music from the UT series, especially forgone destruction which basically kickstarted my appreciation for jungle and later DnB, is some of the best music produced for a game ever. It suited the theme of the futuristic space arena FPS perfectly. It would be so great to hear the excellent composers return. Especially if it means electro, breaks and DnB the pace suits the game play so well.
                        "Gilanguar"

Comment

I needed a good reason to queue up the UT soundtrack again. I really like the high tempo, adrenaline pumping tracks of UT99, they were excellent mood setters.

Comment

Registered on the forums simply to voice my support for this, YES TO BOTH OF THESE LEGENDS COMING BACK TO THE UT SERIES. A THOUSAND YES'!

Comment

Originally posted by Michielvandenbos View Post
                              @Taternaut I'm afraid not. We've all moved on since then and to be honest, I have no desire to make MOD music anymore What good is tens of thousands worth of equipment/samples if I have to go back to that
                              You are right here, Michiel. I'm sure with the even better skills and tools that you have now you could remake/remix all of the classic tracks featured in UT99 and make them even better, along with some great new songs. Although, I do think songs that have a reminiscent feeling and sound to songs made with trackers would be a good idea, as opposed to actual tracker-only music.

Comment

Please get these guys involved - the OST to UT99 was fantastic and I still listen to it now. Infact UT99 is the only game I can think of where I haven't turned the Music off.
                                ex {DKC}Lucifer & <|Lucifer|MnM|>

Comment

Working...
                                X