rkovacs1 track 2: Savvy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] rkovacs1 track 2: Savvy

What's crackin people? Check out the the new track I did for the tournament. As always, play it under some maps and let me know what you think. I don't bite...hard.

https://soundcloud.com/rkovacs1/savvy

Interesting mix of ambients, beats, and themes. I definitely like that you took some old synth-styles and modernized them to make it sound fresh instead of "just another UT99-style track".
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

Comment

Until 0.47 it's very interesting, after that it rather gets out of place, those beats and high hats doesnt really work, the beginning would be something that could fit with DM-Lea.
      | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
      Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
        Interesting mix of ambients, beats, and themes. I definitely like that you took some old synth-styles and modernized them to make it sound fresh instead of "just another UT99-style track".
        Everyone associates UT with a few standout tracks, but I always thought that the entirety of the soundtrack really adds to the alien feel of the game by being diverse and full of surprises. I kept this in mind with this new track, let me know what you think of it.
        https://soundcloud.com/rkovacs1/24feetdown

Comment

The Athmosphere and Soundset you used fits very good imho! On the other hand, its kinda wasted potential in its current state, because the Tracks itsself is too slow (should be about 10-20 BPM faster) and the Drumkit Rhythms should be adjusted to deliver a more constant flow. Plus, the general Sound Quality is a bit low. Adjusting the mixing&mastering could really work wonders here. So in conclusion, id keep on the work on it! Could become something very fitting
          Unreal Tournament Music Composer

Tracklist

Dominion : CLICK

Comment

Originally posted by rkovacs1 View Post
            Everyone associates UT with a few standout tracks, but I always thought that the entirety of the soundtrack really adds to the alien feel of the game by being diverse and full of surprises. I kept this in mind with this new track, let me know what you think of it.
            https://soundcloud.com/rkovacs1/24feetdown
            Mirroring a bit of what Excavare was saying in the above post, I also feel that the atmosphere is the strength of this peace. I fear that in the midst of explosions and guns blazing the piece will be obscured. It would make a great map flyby piece! I would love to hear some aggression in this, either it be a drum or another synth element. Or at least, start this mellow and build or slam into action.

Comment

Working...
            X