[CONCEPT ART] Axon and iZanagi Corporation Themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Nice work, the Axon really reminds me of some of the UT3 themes, especially near the beginning .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm an absolute fan of the Axon theme ! Very nicely done !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like iZanagi theme, very great. But about Axon I don's like it... I love it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Never thought I would say this (as a drummer) but the drums are a bit loud in the Axon mix. I think that is what gives it the 'a bit busy' feel. The hi-hats specifically. I totally get the retro feel to this - a great mix of then and now, but those hats....maybe a bit too much attack/a bit dry?

The Izanagi track starts a bit too spacey for my tastes but is certainly accomplished and opens up nicely.

Good stuff mate! Hats off!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    These are awesome, keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really great job!! I liked both but I favor the second one, fantastic ambient!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey John

Just wanted to say that both of these tracks are simply A-MA-ZING !!!! I love them both, the only thing is that................ they're to short but ****, they are so well made

I've made a post on my blog, hoping you'll get more feedback

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
    ‚ÄčHey guys, just exploring some new sounds for the new UT soundscape. To narrow down some sounds I decided to tackle some music based on UT corporations.

Axon
    https://soundcloud.com/john-m-repka/axon-presence_mix01

iZanagi
    https://soundcloud.com/john-m-repka/...omes-you_mix02

I am going for that hybrid orchestral to synth mix. Axon has more of a DnB feel and the iZanagi has more of an organic drum acoustic instrument feel. I plan on exploring more sounds until I hit what "sounds like UT" with a blends of the old and the new.
    I really dig the overall composition in 'Axon', the horns and orchestral sounds are so on point . As some feedback though i feel in some parts the mix gets a lil too busy/crowded with percussion and the synth that comes in around 0:51 seconds sounds too retro, I really dig the melodic pattern though, maybe try experimenting with some different synth sounds, but keep the same pattern.

There's loads of drama and suspense in 'Izanagi' and I love the lil oriental style melodic parts. Has a really great vibe about it. I think this one is really heading in the right direction

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX John

Your the man !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    I suggest you add all your threads in your signature which don't exist yet Your working on so much stuff that I can't follow your involvement easily
    Good idea, I will do just that! Thanks!

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    PS: can you please activate the download function on SC so we can download and listen the tracks outside SC I would love to add your tracks to my UT music collection !
    For you? Done! Enjoy.

Max

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Both tracks give me the WOW factor !!!

You nailed both theme perfectly imho. Excellent job

BTW, I suggest you add all your threads in your signature which don't exist yet Your working on so much stuff that I can't follow your involvement easily

PS: can you please activate the download function on SC so we can download and listen the tracks outside SC I would love to add your tracks to my UT music collection !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Consider me impressed! I think both tracks deliver on their promise and sound real good. I can definitely see a real use to them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice stuff here Max.
    I think both tracks are each achieving the mood of each corporation. I really like the pacing of the Izanagi track :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MaxCarnage
    I am going for that hybrid orchestral to synth mix.

You achieved that, I'd say. I like the Axon-DnB-kind of stuff more for combat. Would be awesome if you decided to make some full-fletched combat tracks out of both. Absolutely love both of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
    Wicked stuff, but already told you that
    Yeah, thanks for the suggestions on Axon man, I really appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X