Noisy ampules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noisy ampules

Am I the only one who finds +5hp ampule sound annoyingly noisy?

this is happening on purpose. other players will hear you. it's been a gameplay mechanic since the first ut. even quake has something similar with it's noisy armor shards.

Comment

Originally posted by wavem View Post
      this is happening on purpose. other players will hear you. it's been a gameplay mechanic since the first ut. even quake has something similar with it's noisy armor shards.
      This.

The sound isn't there for you, its there for your enemies.
      also known as Humphro

Comment

Of course, but it does not mean it has to be way noisier than other sounds, +25hp health and all other things are at about same level. And it seems it multiplies when picking more of them. Well hear and see for yourself:

noisy_ampules2.mp3

Attached Files
        Last edited by Sralbotka; 08-15-2015, 02:32 AM. Reason: files changed

Comment

Sounds fine to me. Picking up health gives away your location, so chose carefully whether you need to do that or you prefer staying unnoticed.
          <elmuerte> you shouldn't do all-nighters, it's a waste of time and effort
          <TNSe> nono
          <TNSe> its always funny to find code a week later you dont even remember writing
          <Pfhoenix> what's worse is when you have a Star Wars moment
          <Pfhoenix> "Luke! I am your code!" "No! Impossible! It can't be!"
          <@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"

Comment

I have just edit the post above and changed the file, killed bots to get rid off an ambient sounds. Compare to +25 health at the end of the record.

Comment

Working...
            X