The need for clear audio direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The need for clear audio direction

More a question for Epic than the community, clearly there will need to be a person or small team leading the way on audio, to keep a coherent feel, to ensure people are assigned to jobs that need doing, work gets properly critiqued and revised and all that good stuff. Is someone at Epic planning on heading this up or does the community need to get together and put in place someone/people respected enough that they can get everyone pulling in the same direction?

Hey there. Are you into sound effects or music?
    Trevor B.
    Voice Work
    Sound Effects

Mercenary and Gen Mo'Kai ------------------------------------ Link Gun

Comment

I agree with you, OP. I would be concerned, but the game is still pretty early in development. At this point, just post your audio on the forums. If Epic likes it, it could end up in the game.
      Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

I agree. I don't know if Epic has an audio engineer on the UT staff.

For now, I have laid out a small framework to keep things coherent. It's mostly my ideas, feel free to contribute: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-ways-to-do-it

Comment

I third this. Unfortunately sound effects have always been Epic's weak point right back to when my 1998 PC Magazine was complaining that Unreal 1 had tinny sounding guns compared to Quake :P

I've found the UT3 and UT4 sounds to be very noisy and spread across a lot of the spectrum so that when they're all playing together it becomes a cacophony.

Comment

Working...
          X