Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely love the 2ndary fire by Flak, I'm not completely sold on the primary fire but I understand why it was moved towards such direction compared to the secondary and how it was before and it's certainly more fitting than UT3's but I still feel 2ndary is pretty spot-on and really has a lot of phatness, the primary feels a bit "unrefined" & dirty & unclear in comparison to how original the 2ndary fire feels like. The primary just lacks that recognisable Unreal DNA sound so to speak, it's really difficult to explain. I do like the way it's headed at compared to UT3 though so don't get me wrong, I just think it could be improved upon.

Stinger sound is probably the most unsatisfactionary sound of UT3, it's just so "puny & weak" sounding. I hope it gets a more beefier "minigun"-like sound. Link gun is another which can definitely be better but it's not that bad as it is. Rocket is pretty fine and shock are quite okay, sniper is very good as it is IMO.
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-17-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
      Oh no! That won't do. Do you mean the weapon pickup or the ammo pickup? I will look into it.
      The weapon pickup.

I'll also add that it sounds a lot louder/compressed than the other sounds in game.
      BeyondUnreal Podcast
      r/UnrealTournament Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteDragon View Post
        The weapon pickup.

I'll also add that it sounds a lot louder/compressed than the other sounds in game.
        Ok, I think I know what you are reacting to. I will upload a revised one soon. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
          I absolutely love the 2ndary fire by Flak, I'm not completely sold on the primary fire but I understand why it was moved towards such direction compared to the secondary and how it was before and it's certainly more fitting than UT3's but I still feel 2ndary is pretty spot-on and really has a lot of phatness, the primary feels a bit "unrefined" & dirty & unclear in comparison to how original the 2ndary fire feels like. The primary just lacks that recognisable Unreal DNA sound so to speak, it's really difficult to explain. I do like the way it's headed at compared to UT3 though so don't get me wrong, I just think it could be improved upon.

Stinger sound is probably the most unsatisfactionary sound of UT3, it's just so "puny & weak" sounding. I hope it gets a more beefier "minigun"-like sound. Link gun is another which can definitely be better but it's not that bad as it is. Rocket is pretty fine and shock are quite okay, sniper is very good as it is IMO.

I am glad you are listening more for the sounds now. I hadn't tried my hand in anything but the Flak and the Enforcer, I want to get around to those guns for sure.

I am working on the primary of the flak adding more of an impact back into it. As far as the Unreal DNA as you mention, I am noting it but a bit lost as what you mean. I like the observation regarding "unrefined and dirty" for that is what I was going for. Perhaps with more of a lower impact sound it may bring it in more. Thank you for your keen ears!

Comment

Ehhh, I think there is still work to do on the primary.

While as I said the second is spot on, I'd really love to ear more "crunchy" sounds from the shell fragmentation!

Comment

Originally posted by piemo View Post
              Ehhh, I think there is still work to do on the primary.

While as I said the second is spot on, I'd really love to ear more "crunchy" sounds from the shell fragmentation!
              Was the crunchy sound comment meant for the Primary or Secondary? I will take a little break on the Primary before I start to over think it. If you find that you have a better way in describing what you feel is missing then by all means. I am all ears!

Comment

Yeah I was referring to the primary.

I'd like to be able to ear the tingling of the shards after the initial explosion, which beside an explosion itself, it makes a crunchy sound. The Ut3 flak had a sound that I would define crunchy, but it still lacked heavily the tingling noise i'd like to ear from the fragments.

Comment

Ah, I see. Cool. I can add some more crunchiness to it. I wonder if the tingling sound of the fragments would be a separate file as the projectiles settle or hit the wall. I can always experiment! Thank you!

Comment

the secondary sounds nice, but the primary is lacking a lot of BOOM, i mean, people want to hear the moving parts and all, but i'm not getting the impression that i'm detonating a big *** shell in the barrel here, if i didn't know we were talking about a flak cannon i would say its some kind of machine but my mind doesn't go to "shotgun on steroids" which is what a flak cannon is at the end of the day. A big meaty boom to signal firing would be better although it would probably get kind of annoying and hearing the loading mechanism is also a big part of the flak's charm. Anyway, you are the artist not me, but if you want my opinion it needs a bigger firing sound

Comment

That's magnificent! That pistons and gear sounds revving to pull the new shell in are just gorgeous!!

Keep going!
                      Olá!
                      Take a look (listen) at my Portfolio!
                      https://soundcloud.com/illya_benkard/sets/portfolio

Audiophile and cinematophile...this is me

Comment

I agree that the Primary lacks the impact, I will look into that some more.

Comment

Alright guys, I added some bass impact did some EQing to accent the mid range a bit, but mostly worked on the bass.
                          Let me know what you guys think!

https://soundcloud.com/john-m-repka/...rev-05/s-pVxhN

Comment

Primary fire, Variation 1 sounds the best, as it accents the middle range the best.

Alt Fire, Variation 1, V04 is the best, as it has the most oomph to it, the other two just sounds weak and weak, like an air cannon on low.

Ball Explosion is good, needs a tad more oomph to it, sounds like a plasma explosion rather than a fragmentation explosion.

Weapon pickup and arm sounds are pretty good.

Comment

yeah I agree with SX. I would pump up that "explosion" and shattering sound a lot though. It lacks the hit that I'd love the primary to have. Also as I told you on mirc, Try to experiment with a crunching effect that sounds less like glass shattering but rather a piece of concrete going into pieces after being hit with a sledgehammer

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will work on that sucker tomorrow. Don't want to blast too loud with the neighbors sleeping Great feedback though, sorry for the delay in revisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X