Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok! Finally got around to revising the Flak, here is Rev7. More Impact and flesh sound coming soon!

Comment

in one word.... sublime! love the power of the sound
      unrealer since 1998

Comment

Wow, I love this version of the sound much more, it feels like there is much more power to the flak cannon with it. Would love to see it in game!

Comment

I really love the shooting sounds. They just fit the powerful look of the gun. Great work so far.

Only thing I kinda dislike is the high pitched hydraulic sound on reloading the gun ... but I guess thats more a personal thing. It actually fits the functioning of the gun.

Comment

The sounds are beastly sounding, especially the alt fire explosion. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
              Only thing I kinda dislike is the high pitched hydraulic sound on reloading the gun
              Yeah, high tones volume for primary fire should be lower, but new sound is really good anyway. I have to point out that the secondary fire sound is much different now, like they don't fit together - it would be a lot better to update the secondary too, because it's missing the high tones.

Comment

Originally posted by SX View Post
                The sounds are beastly sounding, especially the alt fire explosion. Well done.
                I wish i can take credit for the Alt Fire explosion. I do have a sound made for it, but for some reason I can't get it to work in the editor. The current one you are listening to is what is default from Epic. BUT, I will take what you said in consideration for when I do implement the alt fire explosion sound. Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by phoraxx View Post
                  Yeah, high tones volume for primary fire should be lower, but new sound is really good anyway. I have to point out that the secondary fire sound is much different now, like they don't fit together - it would be a lot better to update the secondary too, because it's missing the high tones.
                  I do agree that it sounds pretty piercing at the moment, I can lower that and take another look at the Alt Fire. I used some new sounds for the new primary and some of that can make it into the secondary for consistency. Thanks for the input!

Comment

WOW that primary sounds amazing.

Comment

Really nice primary sound, me likey. Sounds powerful and shotgun like but keeps the feel of the weapon intact

The default one in the current build tilts me, ut3 flashbacks maybe

Comment

Glad to hear that the new Flak sounds are receiving well!

Comment

UPDATE: Rev08

Not a huge difference in Primary since the last revision, but focused more on the levels of the primary fire and it's flak. Also revised the secondary fire along with the Flak ball impact sounds.

Comment

The variation for the primary fire has always kinda bugged me. I'm all for variation, but there's so much, it doesn't even sound like the same weapon. The only way I'd be okay with this much variation if we had a bunch of fire sounds. It doesn't really make sense how it either sounds like breaking glass or it doesn't. Also I was never sure if the glass breaking sound (in the first shot) is the shards or the reload?

I'd also like some more detail in the reload. Metallic clicks would be nice. Maybe a slight tubular sound for when the shell is plugged into the chamber.

Overall, it's good. It feels like a Flak Cannon. Sorry if I'm being too picky.
                            Last edited by Nick_D'Amato; 04-13-2015, 01:26 AM.
                            Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

Gotta love the revised alt fire sound and impact sounds. Not much negative here.

Comment

bring back that original hydraulic sound!

Comment

Working...
                                X