Weapon Sound Design: Enforcer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Sound Design: Enforcer

Ok, so I am starting fresh for the Enforcer. Until I figure out how to send UT assets for you guys to try out for yourselves. I am going to post a video here.

For this clip I created the weapon raise and lower sound as well as primary and secondary fire.
    <font color="#000000">

Take a peak and list some suggestions. I am going to do the same with the Flak and the Shock as well.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by MaxCarnage; 03-05-2015, 03:52 AM. Reason: Updates

Thumbs up on Enforcer V03 Rev02 !
    | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
    Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

nice sound go for it

Comment

Very nicely done that "mechanical rattle" feel is spot on. Sounds painful but not overly powerful (exactly what an enforcer should sound like)

Comment

Sounds very nice! all that's left is the sound of the bullet casings hitting the ground and it will be complete

Comment

I think that should be a sound fx part from the weapon? same goes for the flakcannon i guess.
            | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
            Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Originally posted by Mcjansen View Post
              I think that should be a sound fx part from the weapon? same goes for the flakcannon i guess.
              I would create it as a different element, since the casing can be landing on various materials (wood, metal, dirt, water etc.)

So, quick update guys, I am going off on a holiday where I won't have access to my computer T_T, but I promise I will get back into the thick of things with Enforcer updates, Shock Rifle, and even get into UI sounds, foley etc. I am not dead I promise!!

Best of times to all of your guys.

Max

Comment

Now that the Enforcer models are farther along I am focusing back onto this weapon. I updated and added some more SFX to go along with the Enforcer, let me know what you guys think! I approximated the burst fire speed. I expect the speed will change (assuming the burst fire secondary function will stay.)

Here is Rev 04
                https://soundcloud.com/john-m-repka/...rev-04/s-JYksO

Enjoy.

Comment

Not gonna lie, it does not sound pretty. The scraping sounds overpower the oomph of the bullets firing. And the rest sounds so similar to one another, making it indistinguishable if the enforcer's raised up, put away, ammo or the gun is picked up.

Can't find any positives of the sounds, sorry.

Comment

For me v3 was clearly better than v4. I really like v3 mix 03. I can't really explain how other than the midrange sounds just seem more fitting (in my imagination) with the v3 one.
                    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-04-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SX View Post
                      Not gonna lie, it does not sound pretty. The scraping sounds overpower the oomph of the bullets firing. And the rest sounds so similar to one another, making it indistinguishable if the enforcer's raised up, put away, ammo or the gun is picked up.

Can't find any positives of the sounds, sorry.
                      No worries, you were specific on what bothered you about the sound. Something I can work with. Thanks! I did intentionally wanted the sounds to be similar to each other to signify that they all belong to the Enforcer, but perhaps it needs to be a bit more varied.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                        For me v3 was clearly better than v4. I really like v3 mix 03. I can't really explain how other than the midrange sounds just seem more fitting (in my imagination) with the v3 one.
                        V03 had a longer treble tail than v04 which is shorter but more impactful. I can see your point though, I can explore it a bit more and perhaps split the difference. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
                          No worries, you were specific on what bothered you about the sound. Something I can work with. Thanks! I did intentionally wanted the sounds to be similar to each other to signify that they all belong to the Enforcer, but perhaps it needs to be a bit more varied.
                          Welcome. Here's hoping that Rev05 is gonna be kick ***.

Comment

Here is a video with the sound I created. Visual context! I am going to figure out how to get the assets to you guys so you guys can play around with it as well. ...once I figure how to do that. (WAIL HELP!)

Comment

The pull-up and -down sounds got some energy vibe for me. Not sure if that fits the enforcer.

The shooting sound is great, gives the enforcer a sense of power.

Comment

Working...
                              X