This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxCarnage View Post
    @Jo.7: I reduced the tail a bit and accented the clicking sound by your recommendation. I do like that it is a bit tighter sounding.

Ok, Challenge accepted! At first I was a bit unsure about lowering the pitch in fear of losing that crispness that will cut through game with all of the other sounds going on, but after toying around it a bit. I agree with you. It did sound pretty brittle. I didn't lower the pitch (I may save that for later.) but I did lower the higher frequencies and brought up the mid to lower frequency by EQing. I also added a bit more bottom end. I took away all of the older mixes to avoid clutter. Take a listen, it should be a bit beefier.

Rev 05
    https://soundcloud.com/john-m-repka/sets/ut-shockrifle-shock-rifle-rev-03/s-YDGa7

These are sounding very good! I like the very full sound of the Shock Rifle primary fire you're brewing up. I think it might need to hit and fade out a little faster, personally, but the sound is pretty nice and I'd like to hear how it matches up with the visuals we have so far. (If it's not in the next build I'll hook it up myself and see.)
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I think the new sound fx for the shockrife really fits with the current model, it feels and souds as a really slick, spacy futuristic weapon now, so good job one that one!
      | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
      Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

this new primaryfire sound is so soft and easy to my ears, not nasty as of UT3 shock, i want to shoot shoot and shoot again
        Last edited by ololoevi4; 01-26-2015, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Based on actually playing with the sound in the build: I'm really surprised at how much I like the new Shock Rifle sound. The sound adds a lot of a feeling of smoothness to the fire. I still feel like it lacks some "Ooomph" though. What's there is sort of the direction I'd like to see but it needs a bit more.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Sounds awesome!

It would be cool to have sounds more real in UT, so inside a smaller space it's a short dull and loud bang and outside there is echoing and the sound expands more and fades out smoother.
            Last edited by Psychomorph; 01-30-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Maybe this is just a matter of taste, but I feel the sound is a little too phased out. It has slow attack. When I land a shot, (especially in instagib mode) and my enemy explodes, I want to feel the shot connect, so having a pop or bang at the beginning of the sound would feel more tactile.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostXb View Post
                Maybe this is just a matter of taste, but I feel the sound is a little too phased out. It has slow attack. When I land a shot, (especially in instagib mode) and my enemy explodes, I want to feel the shot connect, so having a pop or bang at the beginning of the sound would feel more tactile.
                That's a good point, I may create a second sound just for as you hit someone. So it will be the shot of the rifle and the impact of hitting someone. That may get you the connecting feel.

Comment

The problem with the current primary sound in the game is that it's simply not loud enough, it's a bit more silent than the rest of the sounds, raising it to a similar level as the rest sounds would instantly make it more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                    The problem with the current primary sound in the game is that it's simply not loud enough, it's a bit more silent than the rest of the sounds, raising it to a similar level as the rest sounds would instantly make it more enjoyable.
                    I'm loving the new sound but as RPG said, it just might not be loud enough compared to the other weapons. It has me wanting to search out the shock just so I can fire it and hear the sound but I think my brain is expecting something just a little bit more powerful sounding. Maybe in the next build they can just adjust the gain a little and see how that feels.
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

When are you going to work on the altfire and combo sounds?
                      Last edited by iLikeTheUDK; 02-22-2015, 04:27 PM.
                      The new UT is coming along nicely...
                      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                        When are you going to work on the altfire and combo sounds?
                        This week. Finishing a couple of projects to carve out some time! Stay tuned!

Comment

New shock sounds are nice so it looks like shock will be the first "finalish" weapon in terms of art and sound for the new UT.

As a request, can you make a sound effect for the core/balls itself? A humming or lower buzzing whatever sort of effect you feel is good to have for the cores. I've never liked how they had zero sounds as they fly though the air, not something I would associate with an "energy" projectile. It doesnt have to be overly loud, just distinct and recognizable.

Keep it up!

Comment

Hey Max, really awesome job with these. It fits the style of the weapon perfectly! Maybe a little too quiet for some, but when I firted it in the build last night I was kind of taken aback by how violent it sounded. Like... holy ****, shock rifle, you've gotten an upgrade!

Comment

I still want more "Ooomph" to the Shock Beam sounds. Currently they just sound too smooth and lack the aggressive punch a weapon sound should have.

Comment

Yeah, agreed.
                                The new UT is coming along nicely...
                                Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Working...
                                X