This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Revilution View Post
    Well MaxCarnage, i added some treble ala Skywalker Sound (i'm also a huge fan of their work, they are mainly my inspiration for every composition) as Nick_D'Amato suggested, heres my result:

Edit: I did all the 3 sounds for the Shock Rifle, including the Combo Explosion sound
    This version sounds best for me so far !
    MY VOICE DEMOS POST|| MY SOUNDCLOUD

Comment

K, here we go again:

Sorry for the 3 month delay, my internet isn't all this friendly to hold the almost weekly game updates from Epic.

Comment

That humming in the primary fire sound is annoying. Maybe shorten it?
        The new UT is coming along nicely...
        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Shock combo sounds very noisy and dirty in Test 3. Also primary fire sounds plastic.

Comment

I really like these sounds but they don't really suit the Shock Rifle, in my opinion. Sounds more suitable for a [Laser] Sniper or something.
            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Primary sound from Rev 2 + Core sound from Rev 1 + Combo sound from Rev 3 with slightly toned down explosion = perfect

Comment

Combo sound from Rev 3 say i too

Comment

Originally posted by Revilution View Post
                  Well MaxCarnage, i added some treble ala Skywalker Sound (i'm also a huge fan of their work, they are mainly my inspiration for every composition) as Nick_D'Amato suggested, heres my result:

Edit: I did all the 3 sounds for the Shock Rifle, including the Combo Explosion sound
                  great doppler effect on ball but primary does not feel powerful at all you get 1 out of 2 right mate.

Comment

Comment

The more I play this game the more I feel that all of the sounds should be directly inspired by and riffs of the UT99 sound effects. My Sapphire Shock rifle uses UT99's Shock Rifle sound effects, and it's astounding how just using those classic audio cues make this weapon feel like a Shock Rifle. I don't have any problem with the new sounds, but it just lacks that sense of character/identity that is unique to the weapon. Same goes for the Flak Cannon, Rocket Launcher, etc.
                      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                        The more I play this game the more I feel that all of the sounds should be directly inspired by and riffs of the UT99 sound effects. My Sapphire Shock rifle uses UT99's Shock Rifle sound effects, and it's astounding how just using those classic audio cues make this weapon feel like a Shock Rifle. I don't have any problem with the new sounds, but it just lacks that sense of character/identity that is unique to the weapon. Same goes for the Flak Cannon, Rocket Launcher, etc.
                        yes it is good indeed,i would prefer both animations and sound to be official build part wail but honestly the beam is **** poor, i have mentioned multiple times make it thicker and more visually pleasing, or at least make it feel like 2k4 if not 99 cuz **** 2004 shock feels like a killer both primary and combo sounds feel like tank hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
                          yes it is good indeed,i would prefer both animations and sound to be official build part wail but honestly the beam is **** poor, i have mentioned multiple times make it thicker and more visually pleasing, or at least make it feel like 2k4 if not 99 cuz **** 2004 shock feels like a killer both primary and combo sounds feel like tank hit you.
                          The beam visuals are just a recoloration of the beam used for the standard Shock Rifle. However, based on your feedback I actually did thicken up the beam emitter in a more recent version (unreleased as yet, because I want to resolve other things first).

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                            The beam visuals are just a recoloration of the beam used for the standard Shock Rifle. However, based on your feedback I actually did thicken up the beam emitter in a more recent version (unreleased as yet, because I want to resolve other things first).
                            can not wait

Comment

any updates? i am moist

Comment

Hi, was just thinking how I would like the Shock Rifle to sound a bit more "Doom 4 - Gauss Cannon"-like. More grit in the higher frequencies and a tad bit more electric. I guess I could come up with a few examples! Doing my final thesis atm, will be done in june, but after that I look forward to contribute with my knowledge.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X