Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to everyone. I would like to know, without reading all topics on all forum, how to simply download some of your sound design of weapons, because some weapons sound awful. I mean, lots of youtube demonstrantions, but I dont see anywahere to just download a content so I can play with it. Is that possible somewhere/somehow?
    Thank you very much and we see in hubs

Comment

Originally posted by 1MMORTAL_K1NG View Post
      Hi to everyone. I would like to know, without reading all topics on all forum, how to simply download some of your sound design of weapons, because some weapons sound awful. I mean, lots of youtube demonstrantions, but I dont see anywahere to just download a content so I can play with it. Is that possible somewhere/somehow?
      Thank you very much and we see in hubs
      HI! You most certainly can! All of the sounds in the game currently are in the UT Editor. (Click the "Create" tab in the Launcher to launch the UT editor.) You should be able to find the source sounds in there. I can't tell you specifics at the moment. I am away from my computer that has UT. Going to be getting back into sound designing again. Please create some new sounds! There are plenty still to do and new sounds to create. Good luck and see you around the audio forums!

Comment

I also don't like Rev 06 secondary fire sound, it gets really high pitched and is pretty annoying when someone is just spamming it. I'm concerned with this trend of making everything sound high pitched.

Comment

Hey nice sounds especially like the flak secondary.

I think the primary could have less glass shattering quality and a bit more 'squeeze' as ball gets sharded and pushed out.

Shock primary is a lazer beam - I would really like to hear it sound like a lazer beam. And the combo looks like it is displacing matter, it should sound like a vacuum created then filled.

Have heard all kinds of negative feedback around the new link sounds (if sounds like Mars Attacks is negative, I don't think it is). However, I think the direction is good. I agree it just needs a bit of oomp. Secondary is good, has a nice 'carving' quality. Maybe tone down the synth tones somehow.

Question - where do you get the sounds you play with. I think some of these are made in synthesizers from scratch which is great - but as for samples, where would I go?
          SaveSave
          Maps: DM-Dying_Sun WIP & DM-TokaraSwamp
          www.shockandrockets.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Dark View Post
            Hey nice sounds especially like the flak secondary.

I think the primary could have less glass shattering quality and a bit more 'squeeze' as ball gets sharded and pushed out.

Shock primary is a lazer beam - I would really like to hear it sound like a lazer beam. And the combo looks like it is displacing matter, it should sound like a vacuum created then filled.

Have heard all kinds of negative feedback around the new link sounds (if sounds like Mars Attacks is negative, I don't think it is). However, I think the direction is good. I agree it just needs a bit of oomp. Secondary is good, has a nice 'carving' quality. Maybe tone down the synth tones somehow.

Question - where do you get the sounds you play with. I think some of these are made in synthesizers from scratch which is great - but as for samples, where would I go?
            SaveSave
            My MY, this is an old thread.
            I do agree with you on the glass textures, it doesn't convey the metal debris. The Shock Rifle sound is inspired heavily by the UT99 Shock Rifle sound which has a pretty unique "washing" kinda sound. I don't think having a pew pew laser sound would fit it. The Link Primary that is in the build right now has a lot of character in it, but doesn't convey a very intimidating or hefty feel. I am currently exploring other sounds for it that would convey that better. In short I think it has a bit too much "pew pew" going on.

Answer: A lot of the synth elements are from scratch, but I also have a extensive sound effects library. I would recommend checking out asoundeffect.com. They are a great aggregator of independence field recording and sound effects artists. The prices are pretty reasonable and you would be helping out some really talented people.

Comment

Considering that shock's ball is a ball of unstable energy that explodes when a disturbance happens (the shock beam), I would like to hear an audio that follows this concept. So, I think that the current noises of shock rifle doesn't sound like it.

I was thinking about the concept of this weapon and I think that would be nice if the ball sounds inconstant when it's being realeased, like not always the same begining sound. And it should sound like something that is oscillating and unstable.

The sound of it exploding, should sound like an explosion followed by an implosion sound, and I think that it would be cool if not the same sound was generated every time, because this ball of energy isn't an constant thing.

This is what I think of shock sounds.

Comment

Working...
              X