Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Headshot sound

Headshot sound

I know the classic "headshot" voice is usually the hit indicator, but I'd like an impact sound too. The impact sound can take place in the actual game world, so you will hear yourself and other players get shot in the head.

Here are some concepts:
    https://soundcloud.com/nicholas-dama...dshots/s-ylNke

Feedback is appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by Nick_D'Amato; 04-23-2015, 06:01 PM.

• replied
    The helmet headshot sound is definitely in there, but I never noticed a regular headshot sound. Can we increase the volume?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe there's already a headshot sound in the game. If not, that's a bug that we should fix.

There's also a second sound (and visible effect) for when you get hit while wearing a helmet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah man. Make it sound like a car wrecked into a brick wall like in Gears of War.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, my perception is back to normal now. They definitely should be messier.

Check out the new one in the playlist, Headshot5. I could probably go further since the game isn't supposed to be realistic, but it would be a bit extreme for me. I don't want a lot of squishy sounds after the initial ping, I'd rather it be more of a quick indicator sound. But it also depends on the death animation. I'm thinking the character's head snaps back and he drops to the ground a half second later. If the whole head is going to explode, the sound has to be far messier.

The "tink" was really supposed to be an indication and the bullet penetrating the skull, maybe ricocheting around inside. It was way too prominent in Headshot1. Once I get the headshot sound down, I was thinking of making a variation with a prominent "tink" for a helmeted headshot kill.
    Last edited by Nick_D'Amato; 04-24-2015, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nick_D'Amato View Post
    I know the classic "headshot" voice is usually the hit indicator, but I'd like an impact sound too. The impact sound can take place in the actual game world, so you will hear yourself and other players get shot in the head.

Here are some concepts:
    https://soundcloud.com/nicholas-dama...dshots/s-ylNke

Feedback is appreciated, thanks!
    Great start, I understand the "tink" sound is the bullet hitting the helmet, but try exaggerating the gore. I would love a juicy head pop sound! Maybe even more of a "pop" sound.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X