Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weapon Sound Design: Link Gun (Pulse Gun)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Sound Design: Link Gun (Pulse Gun)

Hello! I have been endeavoring with the link gun alternate fire as seen below:

https://vimeo.com/132577506

NPC Fight:

https://vimeo.com/132613988

Older:

Newest video:

~

I created the sound to give the link gun alternate fire a focused sound at the core with some other elements that sound phasy or like a wah.

It was also created with the intent of being crisp and high fidelity. It is still a work in progress and needs some more equalization.

Let me know your thoughts.
    Last edited by av3nger; 08-26-2015, 11:48 PM.
    Trevor B.
    Voice Work
    Sound Effects

Mercenary and Gen Mo'Kai ------------------------------------ Link Gun

It sounds fantastic, i'm not sure about the volume but the sound is great
    :|

Comment

This sound is absolutely wicked, just needs some polishing for the start-end sounds, but the loop is great
      Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Yep, really great sound. It would be even better if you can make the beginning sound a bit less laser-y, or something.. it sounds a bit too much like a light saber But the looping and ending sound are great!

Comment

Here is a video update:

Last edited by av3nger; 07-29-2015, 10:50 AM.
          Trevor B.
          Voice Work
          Sound Effects

Comment

Most up-to-date link gun sound.

~
            Trevor B.
            Voice Work
            Sound Effects

Comment

Sounds pretty good, although I feel like the way the loop starts is a bit too sudden, some quick and subtle fade in along with the engine starting noise would sound great, as well as there is a nice cooldown effect already.
              MY VOICE DEMOS POST|| MY SOUNDCLOUD

Comment

Sounds like a very focused beam, like it. I do kinda want to hear some sizzling as the beam is ...."beaming". Love the cool down sizzle after the release. If there is a way to have a similar sound as a ramp up and during, it may tie the whole sound together. Love it! You will have to show me how you programmed it all. Great work!

Comment

Also should be converted to mono like the other default weapon sounds are Sounds quite cool though, very good match to its functionality, obviously the volume is a bit too high. Slightly lower volume and converted to mono and I'd think it would already sound fairly good.

I hope to get a rather different/new sound for Link, didn't like the UT3 link sound very much. I mean it works but it quickly gets boring and forgettable.
                  Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 10-05-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Much appreciated feedback guys! I will be editing this baby here soon.

To Max. Thank you for the feedback. I think I know what you mean. It needs more warmth. Now that I listen to the sound again, it is as if the loop is simply just the beam's sound itself without the sound of the link gun generating the beam closer up to the player.
                    Trevor B.
                    Voice Work
                    Sound Effects

Comment

I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of a weapon whose firing sound is loud enough to effectively remove your situational awareness (audio as balancing mechanic, essentially), but I don't think that's totally appropriate for the Link Gun.
                      Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thew need primary fire sound is soo annoying, its once again very high pitched and when players are just holding the fire button down it's like a stream of bees flying by your hear. I much preferred the previous sound effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Malbeth View Post
                          Thew need primary fire sound is soo annoying, its once again very high pitched and when players are just holding the fire button down it's like a stream of bees flying by your hear. I much preferred the previous sound effect.
                          Totally agree !

Comment

Originally posted by Malbeth View Post
                            What a delightful description. Yeah, I think it's the combination of the inherently treble heavy texture of the link primary sound plus the buzzy pass-by sound as it buzzes by your heads. Just know that it's going to be replaced in the future, all sounds are subject to change. Everything is placeholders and experiments. Hopefully more progress on that front soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X