This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI.
    i was wondering...what are the Computer requirements for playing the last ut engine and what are they for mapdesign (ut editor)

Comment

UE4 System requirements

• Desktop PC or Mac
      • Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
      • Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
      • NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
      • 8 GB RAM
      Join the community Facebook page
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

same error here (edit: relaunching fixed the login problem)
        Last edited by Phragmites; 01-09-2015, 10:08 PM. Reason: solution discovered

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
          Engine/Binaries/Linux
          chmod +x UE4
          ./UE4 UnrealTournament

should get you off the ground.
          Thanks, this had me puzzled for a while.

Comment

What no new Build from this week?

WTF!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
              What no new Build from this week?
              WTF!!
              I prefer to have an build with major changes, not weekly builds with some minor fixes...

Comment

Originally posted by raVe View Post
                I prefer to have an build with major changes, not weekly builds with some minor fixes...
                Unless a build has major issues.
                Join the community Facebook page
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Hello, Epic Games. I would like to leave a detailed comment for the latest build of prealpha version of ut4.
                  I can't keep myself from paying attention to the new part because I have been playing ut for 15 years and indeed it's my favourite game.
                  I'm going to write down all my thoughts in a single post, considering touching upon many questions. It's hard enough for me to search for threads on internet forums and sustain conversations, because unfortunately my english is pretty poor.
                  But I really hope that you hear me like you always did, though I visit this forum not very often.
                  I am very excited that UT series goes on and I would like to point out what I like in new UT, what I don't like, and what seems pretty disappointing.

I would like to start with those things which I didn't like, which are not logical and which actually ruin the game.
                  I understand that this is prealpha version, and may be sometimes I may sound rough, but it's just because I'm waiting for UT4 impatiently and I want to call your attention to some problems.
                  As usually, my point of view is supported by a whole group of players with almost the same thoughts and opinions.

1. Movement, physics, weapons, maps, HUD, sound. What is negative:

* what I can't understand is why the latest build has the feature of accelerating while moving forward.
                  it's ridiculous, to use this acceleration you need to press forward button constantly, meanwhile in reality in games like UT no one moves in this manner. Everyone moves chaotically, into different directions, using dodges. It's just useless feature, for nothing, and it should be removed.

* once again I'm gonna touch the question of double jump and convince you of necessity of this feature. It's not that I can not get used to it, I have already got used to it in ut4, but I can't find the right words to tell you how it has limited the movement in the game.
                  First of all, players now move much simpler in a sort of wooden manner, though the prealpha version is now being tested by the best players with great ut experience.
                  the game lost it's best thing that player could change his direction suddenly in a tricky trajectory. it was very difficult to hit the guy who was experienced in double jumps and his skill was quite a difference from skill of players who were just starting playing ut.
                  he had a bigger movement potentiality, he could use single jump or double jump thus making his movement tricky for his opponents.
                  The second is, if I want to get onto top of a box now (let's use deck as an example) I have to come very close to it and get on it's top with a single jump. The jumping distance is very small. I can't even tell you how this jump infuriates me, when player starts kind of sliding over box edge with a glueing effect.
                  It's pretty annoying. Why you can't do this kind of jump sharp? There's hardly enough place for a trick here. Moreover, having good skills and couple hours of practice, I still can't make this jump stably.
                  This kind of jump takes place on many maps, and it sucks. With double jump it was no problem at all. And the jumping range was bigger. I could stand far from the box or come closer and still I was able to get on the box. There was no glueing on the edges, every move was sharp.
                  The third is, I'd like to remind you that jumping from lifts and jumppads I could use doudle jump. Making hammer jump I could use double jump too. Now it's gone.
                  And it's just a junk when people say that there is no difference between double jump and single but higher jump. When people say that players use only single jumps or only double jumps, it's junky as well. It's not true. I had a choice of jumps, now I do not.
                  And it's a great disadvantage. Please give us the double jump back. I am sure that more than half of the community would approve it. At least I organized some votings on different forums and results were somewhere 4 to 1 for double jump, though I understand it's not important on this forum, I'm just trying to explain that double jump is significant.

* player's physics is not natural, sort of cartoonish, all these character's somersaults, they freak as hell. In ut3 characters moved in a more or less natural way, there were no freaking rolls. I even think that ut3 is the game with the most natural movement physics among the games of it's genre. I expect ut4 physics to be at least not worth, or even better.

* occasional wall dodges still happen and it's irritating. I don't even know what to do with this nonsense. They often happen when they are not needed. What's the random?
                  And I even don't press the dodge button. More often it happens in active mass shooting, I thing it's related to multidodge. Maybe there is some switch in settings that fixes this behaviour and I just didn't find it?

* HUD. I got feeling that you want to make ut4 differ and start applying incomprehensible, not logical features. It seems that the idea was to make it look another way without thinking about usability.
                  The HUD will not do. Why is weapon bar put on the right? Why hp is put at the bottom centre? Is this crisis of ideas? Bar placement has been pretty good and ergonomic for 15 years. For 15 years it has been comfortable and now all of a sudden you decided to changed it. And it has no sense now.
                  As a professional designer I can tell you that it looks poor even from the point of composition. It is very uncomfortable now. Yes, one can get used to everything, but why getting used to the worse?
                  HUD editor, changing HUD sizes and transparency, is great. Thank you. I hope you also make it possible to change bars placement. Or leave classical bar placement.
                  You don't need to reinvent the wheel, just take the old template, create new design and stop here.

* when hp level is low, you can hear the heartbeat. It's annoying as well. At least, there should be an option to turn it off.

* sound of breathing while accelerating. I hope it is removed as well as acceleration itself.

* rocket trace is so thick and dense that I can see nothing behind it, even with low graphics. I thin it should be made less thick and less dense. Np doubt it's very nice, but when you can see nothing behind it, it's wrong.
                  just imagine the whole mass of players, each with rocket launcher...

* same is the trace of alternative flack

* same is the trace of redeemer, and it seems to me it should clear away a bit faster

* link primary fire are big and bright, can't see nothing behind it as well

* sniper trace is also thick. it does not look like sniper trace at all. But what I like is the air refraction after the sniper shot

* flack spread is too wide, I mean flack is useless already at middle range, I think it should be narrowed. It was perfectly done in ut2004, it was not bad in ut3.
                  and the behaviour and rebounds of flack fractions is nice

* bio is still useless weapons. I don't like very much and use it in very rare cases, but I think with every weapon player should feel comfortable.
                  in ut4 bio is useless. I find bio "magnet" a very effective feature of ut3. I know many pro players don't like this feature and ask to fix it because even nab could easily take him down easily.
                  but I stand for objectivity and think that bio should be with "magnet"
                  also negative feature of bio in prealpha that fully loaded bio **** flies in different manner than partly loaded. At first, it flies 2 times closer distance, which is ok, and at second it flies 2 times slower, which in turn makes me nervous.
                  I think ut3 bio realization was perfect and hope it's ut4 realization will be the same.

* when is crosshairs editor coming? there is need to set crosshairs's shape, size and color. Huge rocket launcher's crosshair has been a pain in the neck since ut first bild

* sound. it's absolutely impossible now to orientate with the sound. It seems inverted. "right" turns out to be "left", "top" turns out to be "botton". Sound source seems to be corrupted. In a game like UT correct sound positioning is crucial. Player should know exactly where the sound comes from

* almost every map is disappointing. Huge complex labyrinths, with a whole lot of useless dooways, rooms, hedges, sometimes it's too far to run for a weapon.
                  what also upsets me, is that maps grew vertically, many levels, jumppads, lifts.
                  maps are not compact, complicated, having not enough space. Consider the following maps
                  dm-deck, DM-Subterrane, DM-Rankin, DM-Sentinel, Dm-ironic, dm - diesel, DM-Defiance, DM-Idoma, DM-Intercept, DM-Grendelkeep,
                  DM-Cipe15, DM-Cheops, DM-Churn][, dm-faze, DM-Campgrounds, DM-Pure, dm-heatray and many other beautiful maps. Take a look at their architecture and try to understand why these maps are very popular.
                  It's been a long time since those maps were created and still people love it and play on the same old maps. Map developing is a very difficult task, it's not so simple to create well balanced and playable map. I do understand that maps are going to be available in the market, but still...
                  DM-SIDCASTLE map is good example of what a map should be - large, too vertical, kind of ruggy

* dm-deck is very dark, I hope in future it will have interesting textures with lighter materials. Rails near lifts still there, still emberrassing. They just get in the way. I suggest you to replace them with a sort of ledge at the wall so that a player could stand there if he wants, but please, I'm begging you, remove this rails.
                  they prevent players from doing creative moves and nice frags. Please take a notice that ut3 version of deck is the best one.

* large boxes on different maps. large passages and very long rises. If I have some time, I'll try to provide some screenshots. There is a feeling that map scaling is wrong. Map scaling in ut3 is good

* it's not very significant to me whether weapon is hidden or not. In gameplay I hide weapon but in frag movie I show it, it looks better then. I think all weapon should be shown from a single angle while now some weapons are shown in the middle of the screen, some weapons are shown from the right side.

* shock core explosion seems large, too large

* shock beam and sniper beam seem too short. I liked long beams in ut2004 and ut3

* i don't understand why on some maps shock rifle looks different. One version is with shock shells, the other without shock shells. The one with shells has some kind of hump and looks nasty. The one without shells, straight rifle, does not break my sight and looks fine

Now what I find positive:
                  * the game does not seem so heavyweight any more
                  * FPS now drops not so dramatically as it was before. Yes it still drops but not lower than 60 fps and network gameplay is now much more comfortable. I hope it will be well optimized and netcode is gonna be fine
                  * I don't like shock core explosion animation but the core itself looks cool
                  * I can now make dodge using sideling vertical surfaces
                  * enforcer sound became thump, it's much better for my ears
                  * I can tell the same about flack sound. Now I like it more, this low frequency bass sounds sweet.
                  I think it's better to avoid using high frequency sounds because many players increase gameplay sound volume and it's not comfortable for their ears
                  * slide was not uncomfortable. I think it's a good thing. I could not find a proper way to use it yet but I think I will find out when it's gonna be useful

Well, that's what I got after 2 hours of playing. Of course, there's more coming, but this is what stroke my eyes and what I had time to think about. I hope it helps you understand some things better.
                  Thank you for your efforts, Unreal Tournament <3

Comment

>Hat sockets
                    ಠ_ಠ
                    XMP | THREAD

Comment

Unreal Tournament Broken 01/27/2015

I just installed Unreal Tournament Update.

I'm using Unreal Engine Preview 4.7 Preview 4

I just installed the Unreal Tournament update at around 3 GB.

The game launches, but:

- Clicking Options/Player Settings crashes game.

- Clicking Spectate to view existing match crashes game.

- Clicking About/Credits menu item crashes game.

- Clicking Configure Bots button crashes game.

- Adding mutator then clicking Configure Mutator button crashes game.

- Clicking Join crashes game.

- Clicking View Stats crashes game.
                      Last edited by KnightTechDev; 01-27-2015, 01:53 PM.
                      The Development Process:
                      We take what we know and build something from that.

Comment

I cant launch the game anymore. I extracted the linux version over the old version and set the correct permission for the UE4 file. When I try to start it through terminal with "sudo" and/or "./UE4 UnrealTournament -opengl4" I get the following error:

Code:
                        [2015.01.27-20.46.04:552][  0]LogLinux:Error: appError called: Assertion failed: Assertion failed: NumRefs.GetValue() == 0 && (CurrentlyDeleting == this || bDoNotDeferDelete || Bypass()) [File:Runtime/RHI/Public/RHIResources.h] [Line: 24] 

Signal 11 caught.
                        EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
                        [2015.01.27-20.46.04:618][  0]LogLinux: === Critical error: ===
                        Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to access memory at address 0x00000003

Comment

Originally posted by KnightTechDev View Post

I just installed Unreal Tournament Update.

I'm using Unreal Engine Preview 4.7 Preview 4

I just installed the Unreal Tournament update at around 3 GB.

The game launches, but:

- Clicking Options/Player Settings crashes game.

- Clicking Spectate to view existing match crashes game.

- Clicking About/Credits menu item crashes game.

- Clicking Configure Bots button crashes game.

- Adding mutator then clicking Configure Mutator button crashes game.

- Clicking Join crashes game.

- Clicking View Stats crashes game.
                          This workflow will not work. UT is not using mainline UnrealEngine anymore. The engine is in the project.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post133800
                          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                            This workflow will not work. UT is not using mainline UnrealEngine anymore. The engine is in the project.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post133800
                            Last edited by KnightTechDev; 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM.
                            The Development Process:
                            We take what we know and build something from that.

Comment

Hi guys!
                              I'm downloading the game but it's size is so high (3.2 Gb) and i'm going very slow (25 Kb/Sec), where can i get the installer faster?

Comment

Jeez the latest build is 3.2 GB! Please split the download into parts no larger than 1 GB please.

Comment

Working...
                                X