• Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
    • NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
    • 8 GB RAM
    Working fine on my old dinosaur of a pc

W7 x64 ultimate
    Quad core intel Q6600 (SLACR)
    ATi Radeon 5770 1GB
    OCZ Reaper 2GB Ram
    Last edited by OLIAX; 01-29-2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Hello Oliax!
      Stacey Conley
      -----------------------------
      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
      Epic Games, Inc.
      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

long time no see I vanished from the community when unreal tourney 3 came out.... I like how you've kept the community input alive which made ut99/04 so enjoyable and I hope this keeps away from anything to do with 3 as that game was a monstrosity and a half... especially the menu layout!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
          This workflow will not work. UT is not using mainline UnrealEngine anymore. The engine is in the project.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post133800
          I tried the Verify as recommended by Adam Davis and that didn't work, he says it's working on his end though.

So after seeing your response I downloaded the UnrealTournament-clean-master.zip, extracted the files to a folder.

I ran the Setup.bat and it downloaded around 4.5 GB of files (which includes a copy of Unreal Engine and Sample Files).

I ran GenerateProjectFiles.bat to generate the project files.

I opened the UE4.sln solution in Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop.

It scanned all include files and parsed files.

I made sure it was set to build for Win64.

I right clicked UE4 and clicked Build.

I tried to run the UE4Editor.exe and it doesn't load.

So far used a bunch of bandwidth.

Neither the Unreal Engine nor Unreal Tournament is working from this clean-master zip file.
          Last edited by KnightTechDev; 01-30-2015, 04:37 PM.
          The Development Process:
          We take what we know and build something from that.

Comment

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Gettin...eal_Tournament
            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Tried all those steps, not working.

The Unreal Tournament game isn't building it has 1135 Errors like:
              Error 1 error C2011: 'ELoadFlags' : 'enum' type redefinition G:\DEV\UT\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament-clean-master\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject\ObjectBase.h 33 1 UnrealTournament
              Error 2 error C2953: 'SelectIntPointerType' : class template has already been defined g:\dev\ut\unrealtournament\unrealtournament-clean-master\engine\source\runtime\core\public\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatform.h 18 1 UnrealTournament
              Error 3 error C2976: 'SelectIntPointerType' : too few template arguments g:\dev\ut\unrealtournament\unrealtournament-clean-master\engine\source\runtime\core\public\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatform.h 24 1 UnrealTournament
              Last edited by KnightTechDev; 01-31-2015, 12:27 AM.
              The Development Process:

Comment

Finally, got it going, I had to clean and rebuild all solutions as it was only seeing previous references for some reason even after a regular Build, but that appears to have fixed it.

It was giving all sorts of errors and including some engine DLL's being outdated, etc. I figured at first that the projects needed built normally after a regular clean for the engine, but that didn't help either, only the Rebuild All worked (Which handles the cleaning and building), when I targetted just the Unreal Tournament Solution for rebuild by default it fell back to the Rebuild All option, so I did that and it finally worked.

The entire process took much longer than normal, but once I saw the editor come up with Unreal Tournament Initializing and loaded the Example Map and then Compiling Shaders then I knew it was ok, even with all the missing file error's in maps.

So far I like the FPS view and how the weapons are right now, it feels much better.

Now, back to work....
                Last edited by KnightTechDev; 01-31-2015, 03:11 AM.
                The Development Process:

Comment

nice game, waiting for release date
                  Last edited by S4nt0s; 01-31-2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Can't stream anymore the game on OBS SAD
                    On the menu its ok, but in game black screen.

Comment

Hello dear Unreal devs !

I've been having some troubles trying to compile the lastest build of Unreal Tournament. I went through the same process as KnightTechDev, the Wiki and the documentation and didn't quite get it to work yet. I'm going to try the steps again from scratch see if I messed up something in the way. Here's some pictures, the second pic is the continuation of the first one (very long lines).

Comment

Played the christmas releae of the game and I LOVE IT!

as a unreal'99 player i had to adapt to some new controls but this game is looking promising! Keep up the good work!

I just wanted to share some love, I think ftp is the way to go. Epic rulses!

just dont forget tthe mod support. regards /Män I Lustiga Kavajer aka [MILK]

Comment

I liked the sound of gun shots shock DD Unfortunately, that's all I can say. This Bild for me unplaylable. very low fps

Movement dynamics is still crude and flat, I think that just released toxikk looks much better in dynamics (copied from ut) than ut4 now. It's so sad. I don't wish that ut players leave ut and start playing toxiikk, but in fact it is more dynamic and has larger variety of movement methods. I know that many players have more possitive opinion about toxikk than about ut4(

Comment

UT4 is still alpha, under development, open source, free and long term project. With the help of community can last very, very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady*D View Post
                              I liked the sound of gun shots shock DD Unfortunately, that's all I can say. This Bild for me unplaylable. very low fps

Movement dynamics is still crude and flat, I think that just released toxikk looks much better in dynamics (copied from ut) than ut4 now. It's so sad. I don't wish that ut players leave ut and start playing toxiikk, but in fact it is more dynamic and has larger variety of movement methods. I know that many players have more possitive opinion about toxikk than about ut4(
                              We'll check into this. Thanks Lady*D.
                              Stacey Conley
                              -----------------------------
                              Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                              Epic Games, Inc.
                              Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

I forgot to say, latest build has lower fps for me too. As for most of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X