This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnightTechDev View Post
    Finally, got it going, I had to clean and rebuild all solutions as it was only seeing previous references for some reason even after a regular Build, but that appears to have fixed it.

It was giving all sorts of errors and including some engine DLL's being outdated, etc. I figured at first that the projects needed built normally after a regular clean for the engine, but that didn't help either, only the Rebuild All worked (Which handles the cleaning and building), when I targetted just the Unreal Tournament Solution for rebuild by default it fell back to the Rebuild All option, so I did that and it finally worked.

The entire process took much longer than normal, but once I saw the editor come up with Unreal Tournament Initializing and loaded the Example Map and then Compiling Shaders then I knew it was ok, even with all the missing file error's in maps.

So far I like the FPS view and how the weapons are right now, it feels much better.

Now, back to work....
    Glad to hear you got it working, KnightTechDev!
    Adam Davis | Engine Support Technician | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?

Comment

After at least half a dozen of hours on this build, I have mitigated feelings for it :< :

The UI etc and the different features in it get each time better and better and it's very nice already, though, 2 things:

- Why have you buffed up the flak again?? I'm playing dm with flak only and topscoring stupidly (several player i talked with reckoned also the flak was way too strong). Unstack a player is easy again (and wrongfully so). It's just a complete flak overpowered mess again. Not to mention the very big and very dmg flak ball radius.... 2 or 3 builds ago flak was nerfed to smth still very strong but appreciable. Now the range lengthened again and is DEFINITIVELY stronger again.....

- The addition of moving hs was a good thing, though, why the hell bring a helmet now to spawning players???? It's already DIFFICULT enough to hit such a small hitbox to get a POOR 140 dmg mid/long range (POOR regarding close range big splash 300 trirox, or 150+ very easy to hit flak or even the kinda big combo radius) to handicap headshots again. giving a 120 hp spawning stack, why not but handicapping smth already hard to do when some other very easier things are getting buffed up or staying way way way stronger than it should be, I mean... This simple concept is a non sense.

Rest is pre alpha due (very weird netcode with which i'm experiencing a lot of troubles, sadly, but heh pre alpha so no worries .

tl;dr: WEAKER REDEEM-FLAK + remove spawning helmet...wth handicapping already hard to hit 30*30 cm hitbox mid/long range regarding how easy it is to do easy 150 dmg with rl, flak or combo??????
      Official Cod3r Hero: RattleSN4K3!!!
      Official Weapon Designer Hero: Gooba!!!

Comment

Flak is actually useful again. The weapon balance is off but frankly you can destroy with flak or rockets because of one fundamental problem: the movement.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
          Flak is actually useful again. The weapon balance is off but frankly you can destroy with flak or rockets because of one fundamental problem: the movement.
          If you think it's only "useful" now.... I would advice you to change your mouse/mousepad/keyboard because you simply cant aim otherwise, :/ ... It's way too powerful and the killing range is kinda too big again... Step back in the wrong direction again.........

Also, ""yes"", not putting even 1 but 2 quotes. Flak is more powerful because of the movement. Even with a custom movement mutator (yes yes, everyone knows you brought one..), the problems still lies. Flak is way to powerful. Both primary and secondary.

Comment

you know a weapon is OP when everyone all of the sudden plays with it.

you know a weapon is OP when a 14 years old, 1 month experience is getting sprees.

You know its OP when your stacked and walk into a room and die with no chance to fight back.

You know a weapon is OP when your 20 down 5 min to go then use nothing but the Flak and win.

Was perfectly balanced last build, only weapon that was, why adjust it? Its just a flak fest now, at least im having a break from all the link secondary exploiters so thanx for that as its not as annoying.
            Join the community Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

The alpha test build is not working for me. The initial startup UI is loading though and it seems the engine is having problems setting the resolution. The screen keeps minimizing after I bring it back to focus and full screen. The game is not really crashing but I can't play as the screen minimizes each time and returns back to desktop. It stays active in the taskbar and from there I can see the menu and background actually loaded. I set a different resolution in the GameUserSettings.ini but the values I save get overriden back to default each time I start the game again.

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                Was perfectly balanced last build, only weapon that was, why adjust it? Its just a flak fest now, at least im having a break from all the link secondary exploiters so thanx for that as its not as annoying.
                I really don't agree, personally. Flak was pretty much worthless outside of "in your face" range last week and now it's much better at close and some of mid range. It has nothing to do with aim, the shards moved way too slow and there was nothing fun about using it whatsoever.
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I really don't agree, personally. Flak was pretty much worthless outside of "in your face" range last week and now it's much better at close and some of mid range. It has nothing to do with aim, the shards moved way too slow and there was nothing fun about using it whatsoever.
                  In essence it's a shotgun, meant to be effective very close/ close range and known to be worthless at long range. So it was pretty spot on the one we got 2 builds ago (iirc, well it's was the """""weaker """"" one we got before people cried massively).
                  Also, it was extremely fun and rewarding to use . You had the feeling you killed someone with skill not a overpowered half-redeemer.

Comment

The way it was before it had no oomph. There was no reason to use the primary, ever. So if people used Flak, they used alt. Now it's actually half decent useful again.

Just look at how the gun worked in previous UT games. Even in UT2004, flak primary didn't just slowly float through the air towards wherever you shot and avoidability was ALWAYS movement based. Maybe it needs further tweaks, but there was asbolutely nothing rewarding about the way the gun was before and this version of the gun is much more fun to use.

Comment

Previous games you still needed to aim it, if you were off my a fraction it missed. Now aim in the general direction and your guaranteed damage. The skill factor from the deadly weapon is gone, any one can now kill with it easily. Shouldn't be like that. No practice required pick it up and off you go killing sprees

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                        Previous games you still needed to aim it, if you were off my a fraction it missed. Now aim in the general direction and your guaranteed damage. The skill factor from the deadly weapon is gone, any one can now kill with it easily. Shouldn't be like that. No practice required pick it up and off you go killing sprees
                        That's not really true. But if spread is a problem shrink the spread and keep the speed. The biggest problem right now is the double damage center shard, IMO. It's not worth having a slow and depressing primary fire.

Comment

Was playing TDM last night, anyway while changing teams player "suicides" so you lose a frag. Why lose a frag? so if few players change teams the start of the match is -3/0 to start off. This needs to be fixed. Also while playing would be good if you can just go into spec mode without having to disconnect and reconnect. Also vice versa while spec you can join and play.

Edit: Weapon priority is also broken, i have it set so redeemer is 1st then shock and so on but when i have shock equipped and pick up other weapons they change to them when it shouldnt.
                          Last edited by code187; 02-03-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

That's not really true. But if spread is a problem shrink the spread and keep the speed. The biggest problem right now is the double damage center shard, IMO. It's not worth having a slow and depressing primary fire.
                            Flak primary in all past games has been much faster, crisper, and easier to land. Right now it feels slow, mushy and too inaccurate. Part of this is purely aesthetic (visuals & sounds contributing to the 'feel'), but functionality of the weapon is just too mediocre now. Besides the BioRifle it's the weapon I'm least likely to rely on, and in a lot of circumstances I've found myself actively avoiding it.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Looks like algorithm of respawn selection could use some work - it seems to ignore enemy position at midgame and often offers the same position for me and opponent at the beginning of match, so we can resp facing each other.

Nice that bio secondary blob is not teleporting at me anymore, was waiting for that for months. : )

Also thanks for the new map, DM-Tuba. I'd prefer to see bio rifle resp point changed or swapped with any other weapon - now it's on a very crowded path, which also works as respawn point, so bio is overused.
                              Last edited by Bosch; 02-03-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lwlf View Post
                                In essence it's a shotgun, meant to be effective very close/ close range and known to be worthless at long range. So it was pretty spot on the one we got 2 builds ago (iirc, well it's was the """""weaker """"" one we got before people cried massively).
                                Also, it was extremely fun and rewarding to use . You had the feeling you killed someone with skill not a overpowered half-redeemer.
                                This, it's horrible again imo. It's too easy to hit with. When the flak got nerfed the first time it was challenging to hit with and rewarding cause you had to aim with it. Now it's back to point and click and flak sniping

Comment

Working...
                                X