Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey just wanted to say thanks! I deleted the files in my documents and everythings working great now woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Datacore85 View Post
      Nobody think this is too fast now ? Seriously i 'm not an old UT player and i have liked the previous release because it was more fun to play. Before The Flack Cannon can be used in some situations, now we can use it all the time, the skin are too thin and move faster so for sniper is ****ing boring, The secondary fire of the Rocket Launcher is useless now ...Now this is less brain and too skill. It's bad for players who play for fun and for players who never played UT (so a majority of potential players).

This Update do the game is less accessible for players who want to get fps Arena. And this is important for the Future of UT.

Dev Team What do you think of my opinon ?
      Yes we need to make the game more accessible to new players but at the same time its not a game where you just jump on as a newbie and start destroying people. (unless your a natural) There should still be a learning curve. You need to get used to the speed this IS an arena FPS after all which are fast-paced by nature.

If anything the speed should be slightly faster in my opinion. Honestly if they just shortened the delay between dodges I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
        Yes we need to make the game more accessible to new players but at the same time its not a game where you just jump on as a newbie and start destroying people. (unless your a natural) There should still be a learning curve. You need to get used to the speed this IS an arena FPS after all which are fast-paced by nature.

If anything the speed should be slightly faster in my opinion. Honestly if they just shortened the delay between dodges I'd be happy.
        If you want people to learn the game, I recommend having more focus on ctf. There would be teams, and incentive that is understandable. And a chance of having team mates that are OP they can learn from and enemies they can kill if they are too objective focused. Team based gameplay is good introduction for new players in general.

Comment

I have played ARENA fps for 15years and this release do the game too fast for me, so imagine for others players. An ARENA FPS is not necessarly Very Fast . For exemple Quake 2,Half-Life, UT99 wasn't very fast and they have had lot of success. The dev must find the best adjustment for satisfy a maximum of players and find the adjustment between skill, fun, accessibility and brain. Please don't make an elitist FPS because they are all dead. Peace !

Comment

Originally posted by Datacore85 View Post
            I have played ARENA fps for 15years and this release do the game too fast for me, so imagine for others players. An ARENA FPS is not necessarly Very Fast . For exemple Quake 2,Half-Life, UT99 wasn't very fast and they have had lot of success. The dev must find the best adjustment for satisfy a maximum of players and find the adjustment between skill, fun, accessibility and brain. Please don't make an elitist FPS because they are all dead. Peace !
            It's not faster than some of the games you mention, the problem is the movement is very limited and slow on the ground and the weapons/spam are unavoidable. They're working on it, at least I hope

Comment

Hi everyone

what do you guys think of the instagib in the newest version?
              It kinda is too... big and the recoil is quite destracting (at least for me)

Comment

Originally posted by barsam2 View Post
                Hi everyone

what do you guys think of the instagib in the newest version?
                It kinda is too... big and the recoil is quite destracting (at least for me)
                What do you mean its fine, its instacannon. Everypnes been complaining how bright the beam is, cover it up by the barrel = less bright genius

Ive been told the devs know about it and will be fixed next build
                Join the community Facebook page
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

ok, thanks for your reply

Comment

Oh, thank you! I'll be glad to test this early version and see all the development ^^

Comment

Hello guys, I'm a big UT2k4 fan. I request that you please include the ut2k4 style dodge jump in the final version. In larger maps like in UT3 it becomes a pain to cover the distance if I don't want to use the hoverboard and TL.
                      Also, imo the character movements in UT3, feel sluggish and limiting. I feel the movement in 2k4 is perfect, not too much like in UT2k3 and not too little like in UT3.
                      One last request, please include a ut2k4 style shield gun. Its a good trick jumping companion.
                      I would like to thanks everyone involved for their hard work and dedication to this series.
                      My regards.
                      Last edited by Unreal_Ashu; 02-11-2015, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal_Ashu View Post
                        Hello guys, I'm a big UT2k4 fan. I request that you please include the ut2k4 style dodge jump in the final version. In larger maps like in UT3 it becomes a pain to cover the distance if I don't want to use the hoverboard and TL.
                        Also, imo the character movements in UT3, feel sluggish and limiting. I feel the movement in 2k4 is perfect, not too much like in UT2k3 and not too little like in UT3.
                        One last request, please include a ut2k4 style shield gun. Its a good trick jumping companion.
                        I would like to thanks everyone involved for their hard work and dedication to this series.
                        My regards.

Well maybe we could just do a ut2k4 HD? How Devs didnt ragequit yet regarding all that type of comments.
                        "Hey , first of all i'm not a fan boy, i'm open to changes and i'am also a very objective person, THOUGH: could you
                        - Include dodge jump
                        - Provide shieldgun
                        - Add lg
                        - Provide less gravity, so it feels super floaty
                        Well guys, while we are at it, seriously, can't we just remake ut2k4 hd?
                        Last edited by Lwlf; 02-12-2015, 08:40 AM.
                        Official Cod3r Hero: RattleSN4K3!!!
                        Official Weapon Designer Hero: Gooba!!!

Comment

Im in the " too fast" camp. Primarily the weapon projectiles.

(I much prefer a pro player being difficult to hit, then 'spam' being unavoidable)
                          Last edited by JustinM; 02-12-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lwlf View Post
                            Well maybe we could just do a ut2k4 HD? How Devs didnt ragequit yet regarding all that type of comments.
                            You seem to imply everything before the current implementation (UT3) is broken and wrong. That's a bad attitude to have.

Comment

Originally posted by TedTheSoap View Post
                              You seem to imply everything before the current implementation (UT3) is broken and wrong. That's a bad attitude to have.
                              Thzt's a totally random assertion funded on nothing. I would be as critic if someone would ask ut3 hd. It's just extremely annoying people coming saying ala Kanye West:

"Ima let you finish your UT4 but, i'm not a fanboy, nor a narrow minded person, NAH, so, can we get shieldgun, lg, dodgejump, floaty grav? " So dont come with your white knight's "that's a bad attitude to have" please . If first of all, fanboys from other Uts would not come here and cry for their preferred iteration in HD all the time, maybe? MAYBE? You would never see a comment like I did (I'm not alone to do such). That's sad because if you took like, 3 secs to think before writing your comment you would have condemned the cause and not the consequence .

UT4 will be ut4 as a brand new UT with his own identity. Inspired from the best things, features his ancesters taught "him" and/or lacked, for various reasons. Not because it will be a hd copycat of smth that had relative success n the past.
                              Official Cod3r Hero: RattleSN4K3!!!
                              Official Weapon Designer Hero: Gooba!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lwlf View Post
                                Thzt's a totally random assertion funded on nothing. I would be as critic if someone would ask ut3 hd. It's just extremely annoying people coming saying ala Kanye West:

"Ima let you finish your UT4 but, i'm not a fanboy, nor a narrow minded person, NAH, so, can we get shieldgun, lg, dodgejump, floaty grav? " So dont come with your white knight's "that's a bad attitude to have" please . If first of all, fanboys from other Uts would not come here and cry for their preferred iteration in HD all the time, maybe? MAYBE? You would never see a comment like I did (I'm not alone to do such). That's sad because if you took like, 3 secs to think before writing your comment you would have condemned the cause and not the consequence .

UT4 will be ut4 as a brand new UT with his own identity. Inspired from the best things, features his ancesters taught "him" and/or lacked, for various reasons. Not because it will be a hd copycat of smth that had relative success n the past.

Then why make a UT4 at all? Why not devote your time making a new game? A brand new "Unreal Tournament"? The title itself suggests hypocrisy. If there are enough requests for the developers to "rage quit", then may be they should take the hint that those features of UT are extremely popular. If you don't want to listen to us, why even open it up to the community at all? May be...MAY BE you keep the feature the people want to play before you go re-inventing the wheel. Keep in mind that its not just the title that sells the game. If UT4s' "ancestors fail to teach him" that, then they are ignoramuses, if not stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X