This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unreal_Ashu View Post
    Then why make a UT4 at all? Why not devote your time making a new game? A brand new "Unreal Tournament"? The title itself suggests hypocrisy. If there are enough requests for the developers to "rage quit", then may be they should take the hint that those features of UT are extremely popular. If you don't want to listen to us, why even open it up to the community at all? May be...MAY BE you keep the feature the people want to play before you go re-inventing the wheel. Keep in mind that its not just the title that sells the game. If UT4s' "ancestors fail to teach him" that, then they are ignoramuses, if not stupid.
    First of all, how does the title suggest hypocrisy?

Second, EPIC said they would make the game with close collaboration with the community so they could get the BEST IDEAS in order to make the best possible game, not to get flooded with fanboys asking for a remake of their favorite game.

Comment

Why not 64 client to Download now?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
        Why not 64 client to Download now?
        There will never be one again you need to get it through epics launcher from now on, here.

https://launcher-service-prod06.ol.e...eInstaller.msi
        Join the community Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

So is now installed on launcher?

with install button?

Comment

So is now installed on launcher?

with install button?
            Yes and it's a vastly superior way to get the updates since it is incremental.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Flak cannon now has real material and textures :epic:

Btw, looks like that performance (fps) in lower when a lot of things happening, like close fight with another player.

Edit: Performance is fine. My system was in power saving mode, dynamically changing CPU speed.
              Last edited by zeljko1234 zeljk; 02-21-2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I need to install the launcher again and again or even pay?

Comment

No, no and no. Just install launcher, install UT4 through it, log in with your forum email and enjoy.
                  Last edited by zeljko1234 zeljk; 02-21-2015, 06:40 AM.

Comment

from now on it will auto update when ever there is a new build, no need to go downloading anything again.

much easier

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                      from now on it will auto update when ever there is a new build, no need to go downloading anything again.

much easier
                      Well I hope that it's going to be option to turn off auto update. Why? Sometimes I use mobile Internet access with limited amount of data (speed significantly drops when limit is reached), sometimes I just wish to play game without waiting update to download (today I waited about hour)...

Comment

The way it is set up now on the part where it ways launch is changed to update, so your forced to update if you want to play it online. There are ways to start it to play offline just not through the launcher.

Games like quake live if there is a update soon as you launch it the update begins. it will not auto update as in the way if your in bed and left pc on, only when you go to play it.

Comment

The way it is set up now on the part where it ways launch is changed to update, so your forced to update if you want to play it online. There are ways to start it to play offline just not through the launcher.

Games like quake live if there is a update soon as you launch it the update begins. it will not auto update as in the way if your in bed and left pc on, only when you go to play it.
                          I understand when game will be updated and why (to play online), I'm just explaining why I don't like it. UT could be played offline, no need to force update right after launcher is started. Would be nice to make a choice, update now, be compatible with server and be able to play online or update later and play offline.

I'm just sharing my thoughts, that's community about

Comment

Originally posted by LAcy View Post
                            I understand when game will be updated and why (to play online), I'm just explaining why I don't like it. UT could be played offline, no need to force update right after launcher is started. Would be nice to make a choice, update now, be compatible with server and be able to play online or update later and play offline.

I'm just sharing my thoughts, that's community about
                            There is a way to play offline if you do not wish to update at that time C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\RunUT-Test.bat <--- start it with that file

Comment

There is a way to play offline if you do not wish to update at that time C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\RunUT-Test.bat <--- start it with that file
                              Thanks but I knew that as I'm testing UT4 since the very first alpha. I don't wish to repeat myself why that option and turn off auto update should be part of the default launcher...

Btw, for the devs, could you add gamma settings soon? Default is pretty dark on my system. I can adjust it in graphic drivers but would be better with a game. Nothing urgent, of course.

Comment

no problem

Did you know this Users that are currently playing with all low settings will experience some lighting issues in this build. This is easily resolved by opening the console in game (Console is ~ by default) and typing "r.SimpleDynamicLighting 0" (without the quotes). This will resolve any awkward lighting and colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X