X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by K-2 View Post
    That's usually not the main case. It allows you to do more shortcuts but otherwise it doesn't influence the actual game speed..
    The ability to take shortcuts, jump farther, wall dodge farther all add faster map navigation, which has an influence on gameplay speed. We aren't (or at least I wasn't) only talking about the base running speed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes the GTX760 loves it and this is going to blow everyone mines when it goes Gold.

Here is my some of my Stuff https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/
    Spent a lot to upgrade studio and will be offering to make music for Map makers.

Feels good to be back playing UT

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your GTX 760 will love it Great engine, runs really smooth. Looking forward to hear your tracks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Doz reporting for duty
    Installing game and real excited to get back to my favorite game.
    I figured to make music for UT I must play it again.
    Have to see how Win7 Pro Sp1 64 bit with GTX 760 will like it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Megasporwic View Post
    It has to do with Vertical Movement which can allow you to get around the Map quicker!
    Originally posted by Specter_ View Post
    It allows you to jump farther and higher, thus allowing you to navigate maps quicker.
    That's usually not the main case. It allows you to do more shortcuts but otherwise it doesn't influence the actual game speed. It definietly influence the feeling though by adding some extra fluidity so the game feels faster.

And regarding the distance...
    Originally posted by K-2 View Post
    That's UT4 default settings for current build.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13024[/ATTACH]

As we can see the jump distance is almost equal to dodge while it takes more time to land on a surface. You'll probably avoid using it pretty much every time when you don't need to get higher. It also doesn't help you in combat at all asumming there's no opportunity to walldodge, it takes you almost in the same spot as regular dodge and that's where your enemy is likely to aim.

Here's the same test with DJ prototype.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13025[/ATTACH]

Well, that's I would call a fair distance distribution. The difference between two adjacent lines is kinda equal and measurable. You're able to manage the distance with less running & deceleration and it makes the game feel faster without changing the actual speed. Jumping also becomes a pretty valuable option for combat because of how many combinations you can do. Double jump + AC gives you a lot of freedom cause you're able to significantly change your initial jump direction and ability to time it gives even more flexibility. The "tiny" single jump also becomes far more useful than vanilla higher variant cause it doesn't take so much time to land, it's like a mini-dodge with no delay and it's great for "pretending" (fake dodging).
    Last edited by K-2; 03-17-2015, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by scratch View Post
    what does double jump has to do with movement speed?
    It allows you to jump farther and higher, thus allowing you to navigate maps quicker.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No Laucher Update today?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It has to do with Vertical Movement which can allow you to get around the Map quicker!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Specter_ View Post
    A majority of other people disagree with you. The dodging isn't quick, there is no air control, there is no double jump, there is too much upwards movement when wall dodging (causing you to be in the air longer), default movement speed is slower etc.
    what does double jump has to do with movement speed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Man that server browser looks much better than the one we have now. The icons and layout with the flags are nice. I feel like I'm working in an Excel file with the current one.

Is there an easier way to search for servers with only active players in them? Can we get a "stop refresh" button?
    Last edited by ness 710; 03-14-2015, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thebluepill View Post
    are we able to stream while we play the game or is that forbidden since its alpha?
    Yes. Quite a few people are doing it already like Chumb0, Zaccubus and OwnedWell.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    are we able to stream while we play the game or is that forbidden since its alpha?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is from when UT Didn't have a launcher yet. I would use the in game launcher!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RushPL View Post
    To join servers you can use UTLauncher, get it from https://ut.rushbase.net/rush/UTLauncher

Requires no installation, simply download and run. It will ask for UnrealTournament.exe location

I will update it regularly on that URL and it will always get latest server lists.

This is how it looks on Linux:

Should i use this launcher or ingame server browser?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by scratch View Post
    For me movement is not slow, its defently faster than UT2k3/4. Rockets are faster than UT1, but it's strange how it's harder to hit enemy than UT1, it just feels strange.
    It is most definitely easier to hit an enemy in UT4. There is a video in another topic that shows it quite clearly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X