Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im running a nvidia 260 gtx and with the updated client when i fire a weapon the game crashes

Comment

wow played on a few servers tonight. played well like how its all coming together so far. I also took a vid of some DM- on a Canadian server. had lots of fun. I look forward to playing a lot more on the alpha test servers.
      AKA TwocensT

Comment

Is there a Win32 version?

Comment

I need win32 version !

Comment

I need win32 version too!

Comment

Originally posted by bananna_manuk View Post
              im running a nvidia 260 gtx and with the updated client when i fire a weapon the game crashes
              me too, is a bug with the directx 11 animation, i think only epic can solve this bug

Comment

I'm writing this on behalf of a lot of gamers of our russian-belorussian-ukrainian community. I write on behalf of everyone because most of us do not know the english language to discuss things on this forum. But we discuss a lot of things together, so I express not only my opinion, but the opinion of hundreds of other gamers.

We were really disappointed after playing ut4 pre-alfa build. We understand that it's not the final version, but we are sad about the direction, in which the game is developing. All of us agree that the game is coming down and that is obvious from the first steps. The physics of the game makes us crazy. For example, the game is so complicated. All the projectiles are so slow and heavy. It's not "gameable". Considering all the delays and ping, it's not clear what the developers were thinking about. The dynamic is awful. After multiplayer hundreds and even thousands of players were so disappointed. A lot of gamers didn't like that there is no double jump and dodge jump. Many players (most of them have been playing ut for 8-10 years ) feel like there are no new ideas and I agree with this. Movements are slow and simple. Now pre-alpha build is a full disaster.

In order to execute a wall dodge, one has to come close to the wall, and it is enough to just press a strafe key once, instead of twice. While that may simplify controls, it also opens up a problem of random unwanted dodges, which doesn't favor the skill component in the game. Also, in general, by simplifying movements, the game no longer allows a player to deeply develop their skill in movement and all players will move the same way, as these movements are easier to grasp.

Also, one more important thing: when one has jump boots, they don't activate from dodge+jump, and thus don't provide any acceleration like in UT3. It would be a shame not to have this feature in the new UT.

Movements are not comfortable (and I am very experienced gamer), and the game gave a little FPS. I couldn't manage the control, cursor was moving very strangely and I couldn't aim properly. The game should be lighter and projectiles should be lighter, not like stones. It seems they move slower than a player.
                I think it was good in UT3. Nice Bio speed and amplitude, like Flak alternate fire or rocket

I ask to perceive this message as not from one person but from the large, huge community.

Comment

Doesn't the mac version work right now? Want to try it to compile on mac, but looks like the Github Repository is not public anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_iMac View Post
                    Doesn't the mac version work right now? Want to try it to compile on mac, but looks like the Github Repository is not public anymore.
                    Github was never public. Only available by subscription. On 2014-08-27 Twitch it was mentioned that Mac build will be available when the next pre alpha is released this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Corven View Post
                      I need win32 version too!
                      Me 3! ..........
                      UOF Admin / Map pack(s) instigator, coordinator, contributor.

Comment

I'm really liking the movement. Gonna go try out some multiplayer matches now

Comment

Originally posted by Lady*D View Post
                          I'm writing this on behalf of a lot of gamers of our russian-belorussian-ukrainian community. I write on behalf of everyone because most of us do not know the english language to discuss things on this forum. But we discuss a lot of things together, so I express not only my opinion, but the opinion of hundreds of other gamers.

We were really disappointed after playing ut4 pre-alfa build. We understand that it's not the final version, but we are sad about the direction, in which the game is developing. All of us agree that the game is coming down and that is obvious from the first steps. The physics of the game makes us crazy. For example, the game is so complicated. All the projectiles are so slow and heavy. It's not "gameable". Considering all the delays and ping, it's not clear what the developers were thinking about. The dynamic is awful. After multiplayer hundreds and even thousands of players were so disappointed. A lot of gamers didn't like that there is no double jump and dodge jump. Many players (most of them have been playing ut for 8-10 years ) feel like there are no new ideas and I agree with this. Movements are slow and simple. Now pre-alpha build is a full disaster.

In order to execute a wall dodge, one has to come close to the wall, and it is enough to just press a strafe key once, instead of twice. While that may simplify controls, it also opens up a problem of random unwanted dodges, which doesn't favor the skill component in the game. Also, in general, by simplifying movements, the game no longer allows a player to deeply develop their skill in movement and all players will move the same way, as these movements are easier to grasp.

Also, one more important thing: when one has jump boots, they don't activate from dodge+jump, and thus don't provide any acceleration like in UT3. It would be a shame not to have this feature in the new UT.

Movements are not comfortable (and I am very experienced gamer), and the game gave a little FPS. I couldn't manage the control, cursor was moving very strangely and I couldn't aim properly. The game should be lighter and projectiles should be lighter, not like stones. It seems they move slower than a player.
                          I think it was good in UT3. Nice Bio speed and amplitude, like Flak alternate fire or rocket

I ask to perceive this message as not from one person but from the large, huge community.
                          Just wondering which which version of a build you guys are referring to? The new build that was released by Epic about a week ago (22th of Aug.) has dodge+jumpboots boost ala UT3, faster projectiles (shock core, rockets), singletap walldodge is possible to disable from .ini file to get doubletap walldodge back.

I agree that game functions really bad when having more than 60 ping after playing a little bit on US servers, this is due to current netcode which I hope will be improved. The movement hasn't got many new features yet, some are in testing phase like out-of-combat autosprint (press forward), lift(boost)dodge and dodgeroll. I agree that they don't feel that special nor rewarding to perform (except I like liftdodge!).

Some of the mouse problems are FPS related, I believe it was mentioned in mouse issue thread that if you have unstable FPS, your mouse will function differently than in stable FPS. You can lock your FPS to a certain value in .ini files, default is 122.

I can help you out with ini tweaks if you are interested or willing to translate instructions how to fix these in ini files, PM me. However, these instructions might get outdated/obsolete when time goes onwards and newer builds get released.
                          Last edited by nukkuj; 08-29-2014, 09:34 AM.
                          UT ingame alias: nukkuj
                          Youtube Twitch Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by laernut View Post
                            Github was never public. Only available by subscription. On 2014-08-27 Twitch it was mentioned that Mac build will be available when the next pre alpha is released this week.
                            Well, if so, why could I read the link in this post a few days ago?!

Comment

Thank you!
                              Last edited by swamprunner7; 08-30-2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Thank you but I am going to wait a little while longer and keep an eye on the POD cast.
                                UT99/U2/2003/2004/UT3 Unreal Life Doz Digital Studio UT MAP MUSIC https://soundcloud.com/dozier-mills/

Comment

Working...
                                X