Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is UT4 Most Active? (Eastern, United States)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is UT4 Most Active? (Eastern, United States)

I'm just curious.

When is UT most active for people of the eastern side of the US? Seems like practically nobody on my side of US plays this game.

If you wish to add me, feel free to do so.

Name is: Ninja_Senshi

I've noticed it starts picking up around 4 PM EST.

Comment

I play around 7-9pm EST on weekdays. There are usually a few populated games of different types to choose from.

Comment

I've had the same experience. Can't find US matches. WTF? This is a great game and I can't imagine that the interest is so low. I've been playing since UT99. I've had to play on high ping European servers and while I'm just happy to play I would like to find matches on lower ping servers.

Comment

I have a feeling you guys are using the "find a match" automatic service. Don't bother, it doesn't quite work right now, and will most often put you in an empty room with some bots. Just use the option that brings you the server / hub list. Eastern servers are usually populated between 6pm-9pm, but the most popular servers are central, which are typically populated all day.
          ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
          Frag video featuring Rookie
          Frag video featuring Phantaci
          Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

We just started a North American Instagib pug channel few days ago @ #UT4.ig @ Irc.GlobalGamers.Net

The people their also play pretty late usually pugs start around 8:30-9pm & pugging ends at 3-4am but we are hoping to get some more people to come on earlier & pug & play some games we also plan on opening a public hub & I believe |UK| will soon open a public servers for everyone also so hopefully that will bring some more players since everyone knows |UK| from UT99

Comment

If you're interested in PUGs then you can find detailed information on the best times to play in the following two threads:

A Basic Analysis Of North American PUG Statistics In 2015
              A Basic Analysis Of European PUG Statistics In 2015
              Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
              What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Originally posted by szeero59 View Post
                I've had the same experience. Can't find US matches. WTF? This is a great game and I can't imagine that the interest is so low. I've been playing since UT99. I've had to play on high ping European servers and while I'm just happy to play I would like to find matches on lower ping servers.

Actually it's a difficult game to play, it may not seem like it to those who have played for some time but if you are a noob or not very skilled and get into a game with a seasoned played and get your clock cleaned you may no longer want to play this game.
                For this reason I think the levels should be skilled matched going up as well as down because a weak player can spoil the match for seasoned team players.

Comment

Working...
                X