ESL Unreal Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESL Unreal Tournament

ESL announced Unreal Tournament more then 2 months ago. Time has come for Opening Cups.
    Starting on Saturday, March 5th and ending on March 12th, we are running European and North American duel cups.

Maps Mimic and Erase are being repacked by respective creators and will become available before cups. We'll inform players when those maps get to HUBs.

Saturday wasn't our main plan but Sunday evenings were reserved.

Read more here
    Last edited by Wasteful; 03-14-2016, 10:05 AM.
    Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

great news, really.
    i have never played coma, erase, mimic, protracted and i wanna practice them before the cup. how can i play them and when? what exactly does "before cups" mean? ty

Comment

Erase is already repacked and on SR in NA. I can't find Coma or Mimic on NA or EU though.

Comment

I dont get it, why make a tournament when the game is on pre-alpha? . Those weapons are so unbalanced it makes not even sense to make a tournament about this... Whos going to play? Depain? Das? Bleh? Otherwise i dont see point of make a tournament.

Comment

I think it's too early, most of the newly interested players will be disgusted by current weapon balance. Anyway I signed up, just because I'am fan of the series.

ps. where is Deck!?
          Last edited by rAge.; 02-22-2016, 06:23 PM.

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

I've updated the opening post of DM-Coma's thread with a list of hubs known to me to have the map available at the moment.

Originally posted by insomnaut View Post
            So far, the map is available on a few hubs:
            - [PL] Stand Combo Hub by oLEq
            - [PL] forum.unreal.pl @ tomz.pl
            - Absolute (Atlanta)
            - Absolute (Roubaix)
            - -=AW=- Aggressive Warriors ~ Community Playground
            - [PHX] Phoenix Germany
            - Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas]
            - Unreal Carnage.com HUB [Dallas]
            - UnrealPrime.com - France #1
            - UnrealPrime.com - Chicago #ut4pugs megaserver
            - UnrealPrime.com - Sydney #1 (via Custom tab, no vote probably)
            - UnrealPrime.com - US-West #1
            - #UT4.eu - UK
            - #UT4.eu - France
            - (Dallas) BloodBath
            - *** UTzone.de *** HUBzone
            It's only a 8.5 MB file.

For feedback on the map, please use the map's thread. Thank you.

Have fun!
            Last edited by insomnaut; 02-27-2016, 08:56 AM. Reason: hub list update
            @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

Originally posted by XboxController View Post
              I dont get it, why make a tournament when the game is on pre-alpha? . Those weapons are so unbalanced it makes not even sense to make a tournament about this... Whos going to play? Depain? Das? Bleh? Otherwise i dont see point of make a tournament.
              Maybe you aren't aware, a ton of other games have hosted very successful Pre-Alpha tournaments, namely H1Z1 recently which averages top 10 viewership on Twitch. They delivered a 50-75k funded tournament through skin and crate sales alone.

It's not an ARENA FPS game but it is FPS related and had A LOT of bugs and A LOT of balance problems.

We're all gamers, we want to play games and have incentives to play. I think it's great to host tournaments no matter the balance issues, give people something to watch and play for.

Comment

Well compare H1Z1 fanbase to Unreal Tournament is like compare the population of China vs the population of Aruba, UT isnt a popular game anymore, how many truely competitive 1v1 players are currently playing? I think just a few, probably the whole community of duelist UT4 on america isnt bigger than 5 guys... Anyway good luck.

Comment

Australia is missing from the lineup.

If we cannot have a specific one for AU, then at least an Asia or Oceanic region.
                  Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Say your prayers and prepare your booty holes... ChimmiChunga is going to break the chains and unleash his true power!!
                    ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                    Frag video featuring Rookie
                    Frag video featuring Phantaci
                    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
                      Say your prayers and prepare your booty holes... ChimmiChunga is going to break the chains and unleash his true power!!
                      You're a special one Chimmi

Comment

Originally posted by RøOk!e View Post
                        You're a special one Chimmi
                        That's what my momma always told me before I boarded the short bus to school!

On another note, unless I missed it, I didn't see in the rules that the item spawn timer would be off. Are we keeping those on?

I DID see this, though:
                        3.3.3. Items and Skins

Skins & hats with any kind of trailing effect or animation are forbidden (e.g. Halloween & flame effects).

Sorry Rookie, Samson has to cut his his hair for this one...
                        ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                        Frag video featuring Rookie
                        Frag video featuring Phantaci
                        Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

This is warden with team allstars. Heres our entry fee now wheres our trophies man bahaha
                          Last edited by Ward_-; 02-22-2016, 09:53 PM.
                          Bow To The King: Quake | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
                            That's what my momma always told me before I boarded the short bus to school!

On another note, unless I missed it, I didn't see in the rules that the item spawn timer would be off. Are we keeping those on?

I DID see this, though:

Sorry Rookie, Samson has to cut his his hair for this one...[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
                            Yeah - I confirmed with Wasteful on irc - weapon timers will be used.

Comment

Signed up. Hopefully the new build comes out before the tourney..

Comment

Working...
                              X