Next on ESL ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next on ESL ?

Duel ladders are ready and will be announced shortly. Quick Swiss Holiday 2on2 Cups are being held this weekend. Now we're planning a duel league parallel with a team league. I'm not sure of which mode would that team be... (i)CTF is out for now because of obvious things like to little number of clans/teams and a big skill gaps between them. We were thinking of 2on2 (i)TDM/iCTF, 3on3 Showdown and 4on4 LTS(TAM). Thoughts?
    2on2 TDM
    30.67%
    2on2 iTDM
    6.67%
    2on2 iCTF
    8.00%
    3on3 Showdown
    25.33%
    4on4 LTS (TAM)
    29.33%

The poll is expired.

Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

Where is 5v5 CTF? It would attract the biggest playerbase without a doubt.
    Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972651604/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKP...VxhOU682oNmUEQ

Comment

Originally posted by Orion` View Post
      How do you figure?
      I can't see more than 8 teams being made.
      Former Console UT3 Player on Xbox 360 & PS3
      Current UT4 Player
      Known as phantaci.
      UT Theme Song:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9Sh-wcy7s

Comment

Originally posted by Foeb1a View Post
        How do you figure?
        I can't see more than 8 teams being made.
        8 teams is fine for a CTF tournament, plus each team would be consisted of 7 players. We did this with the OwnedWell tournament and it worked well.
        Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Comment

Quoted for truth.

EDIT: on second thought, maybe not..... [read below]
          Last edited by BigFatErik; 03-28-2016, 10:24 AM.
          ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
          Frag video featuring Rookie
          Frag video featuring Phantaci
          Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

I agree, there was a litte tournament a little while ago with UT-veterans, i actually liked it and watched even as a VOD again.

Comment

maybe even a 2 vs 2 Elimination Ladder would be cool, I think ladders work better then tournaments and will have much higher participation simply because players can play when they want to, UT generally has an older crowd and with older crowds comes work, families, life etc. I think ladders are the way to go imo...

But yea 5 vs 5 ctf is something that I know would turn me back into the game and would def revive some more players from the dead

Comment

No 5v5 CTF ;(

None of those are particularly interesting for me

Comment

Foeb1a RøOk!e LTS Hype
                  Last edited by Ward_-; 03-27-2016, 03:00 PM.
                  Bow To The King: Quake | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8

Comment

You guys should stick to instagib. Weapons are a mess right now and there's currently two nw communities, one that plays normal weapons and other plays prime. CTF isn't going to happen because we refuse to play with normal weapons because it's simply impossible with the obsurd amount of link primary and rocket spam.
                    Steam
                    irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                    UT Username - nvz
                    gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                    || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Weapon balance is to be changed from patch to patch, which is usually on monthly basis, so that's not a thing to talk about here, in my opinion.
                      I stated a reason why 5on5 (i)CTF isn't an option. Small amount of big teams with very different skill gaps. That means not interested competition.
                      Until Autumn thing could change and we would run a (i)CTF. Now we wanted to do something smaller than 5on5.
                      Duel rankings contributor | running Unreal Tournament @ ESL

Comment

Originally posted by nvz View Post
                        You guys should stick to instagib. Weapons are a mess right now and there's currently two nw communities, one that plays normal weapons and other plays prime. CTF isn't going to happen because we refuse to play with normal weapons because it's simply impossible with the obsurd amount of link primary and rocket spam.
                        actually, I think youre right. If ESL decided to pick up 5v5 ctf, it's likely going to be with stock weapons. That means there's going to be too many matches that are decided by insta-kill rockets, link spam, huge flak cannon cones of death, big shock combos, etc etc etc. People will come back for 1 tournament, and immediately leave again for another 6-12 months. If CTF is played, we want for it to be a GOOD experience that hooks people on the gametype, not one that makes people punch a hole through their expensive 144hz monitor. So maybe now isn't the best time...

I voted for LTS / TAM / Elimination / whatever you wanna call it. I find the gametype a little boring, but we know it's gonna be popular, and it's slightly more tolerable with the stock weapons.
                        ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                        Frag video featuring Rookie
                        Frag video featuring Phantaci
                        Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Your looking at it the wrong way round, there is ALREADY 8 teams in SPITE of there not being a ladder/league/cup for it, there will be many more once a competition requires there to be and even an 8 team league would be better than none

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteful View Post
                            Weapon balance is to be changed from patch to patch, which is usually on monthly basis, so that's not a thing to talk about here, in my opinion.
                            I stated a reason why 5on5 (i)CTF isn't an option. Small amount of big teams with very different skill gaps. That means not interested competition.
                            Until Autumn thing could change and we would run a (i)CTF. Now we wanted to do something smaller than 5on5.
                            I think we don't want a CTF tournament which is clan-based, but rather with mixed teams. We did this with the tournament that OwnedWell hosted and drafted teams according to a salary limit based on players' skill leve. It worked quite well.
                            Unreal Tournament CTFer.

Comment

Last team standing or showdown is the best option for mow. I'd be down to play 3v3 Showdown.
                              Steam
                              irc.globalgamers.net #galaxy #unrealtournament #ut4pugs
                              UT Username - nvz
                              gg! Galaxy Gaming Community

SPECS
                              || Core i5-4670k @ 4.2 gHz || ASUS GTX 1070 4GB VRAM ||ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Random 54 inch TV || Mouse - Razer Deathadder Chroma || Keyboard - Microsoft Sindwinder X4 || Case - Cyberpower Titan X || 16 gb DDR3 RAM || Logitech g930 Wireless Surround sound Headset || Steelseries QCK heavy + Mouse pad ||

#PREALPHA

Comment

Working...
                              X