Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Owned Well's Launch Tournament: King of the Gib (Oct. 5, 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owned Well's Launch Tournament: King of the Gib (Oct. 5, 2014)

So I thought I'd break the ice in this sub-forum and post about the upcoming launch tournament for OwnedWell.com entitled King of the Gib. KOTG is a 160 player winner-take-all tournament in Unreal Tournament '99 Instagib. The tournament starts with 16 heats of 10 players in which the top 5 from each heat advance to the next round until a grand finals where one player will be crowned the champion. The format will be InstaGib Deathmatch (using newnet) and the time limit for each heat will be 15 minutes with no frag limit.

Obviously only one player can win, but this is meant to be both a fun and competitive tournament. Challenge yourself to see how far you can go and if you take a first round exit (along with 79 other people), at least you can feel good about participating in a fun event and supporting the game. I fully expect to exit in the first round, but will have fun giving it my best shot (literally). Also, there will be one big difference in this tournament that you don't typically see in an event like this...and I mean BIG!

The fatboy mutator (pictured above) will be enabled just to add a bit of flavor and absurdity to the action! The event will have full stream coverage by myself and mrgrins with many special guests scheduled to join us. We will be keeping track of stats and have several fun things planned for the intermissions. Spots are limited and we are already over the 120 signup mark, so if you're at all interested in participating then sign up now! Even if you're not interested in playing, we'd love to have you join us in IRC and Twitch chat for all of the festivities.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 5TH @ 2:30pm EST

http://www.twitch.tv/ownedwell

Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
    Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
    Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Signed up because PACO begged me too. Sorry in advance when your souls get crushed by the 47th most legendary UT99 player of all time.
    Purveyor of Unreal Tournament.

<khxmz> thanksgiving is about being thankful for what you have nvz, not asking your favorite game developer for more hats

Comment

Originally posted by smantz0rZ View Post
      Signed up because PACO begged me too. Sorry in advance when your souls get crushed by the 47th most legendary UT99 player of all time.
      I believe TSM holds that title friend.

Comment

hmmm my high ping from sydney australia on overseas server plus newnet just give me the crown now jokes aside you thinking of a normal weapons comp im in if with newnet
        Join the community Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

There will be normal weapons competition going down over the Fall (big duel tournament + some other mini tourneys), however there is nothing currently slated for newnet. That could change in the New Year however if you're looking for newnet comp, your best bet would be a Sniper/sDOM/InstaSomething tourney.
          www.ownedwell.com
          Live UT Coverage
          Archived UT Coverage
          Personal YT Channel

Comment

Originally posted by THEINCREDIBLEPACO View Post
            There will be normal weapons competition going down over the Fall (big duel tournament + some other mini tourneys), however there is nothing currently slated for newnet. That could change in the New Year however if you're looking for newnet comp, your best bet would be a Sniper/sDOM/InstaSomething tourney.
            Also on a related note, we'll be broadcasting show matches pretty much every Sunday afternoon/evening in different gametypes including some UT4 games as well. We'll try to keep the games related to upcoming events, but we're open to suggestions on what people would like to see.
            Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
            Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
            Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
            Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X