Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Basic Analysis Of North American PUG Statistics In 2015 (#ut4pugs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I wont be able do an analysis of the #UT4.eu channel. No full channel logs exist among any of the Ops. While I could try to contact various members and piece together a full log, this approach is too time consuming to do continually if I wanted to track how that channel's activity evolved over time. BlueCloud is the only reason tracking #ut4pugs is even possible. He is awesome! However, I did learn that their .pugstats are inaccurate. At one point they copied their primary pugbot and didn't adjust the stats for that bot back to zero. The weapons bot is the copy.

To get the correct amount you take the Insta bot .pugstats total and subtract the Weapons bot total. This is the true # of weapons pugs. Their first pug was on 09/24/2015. So, as of 1:00PM CST today, in 108 days of PUGs, 1,323 matches have taken place. It is impossible to know how many of these were Weapons based. That is an average of 12.25 PUGs per day, which is far lower than the 20 per day the .pugstats originally suggested. In short, North America is not as small and inactive as it first appeared . Though the EU guys still have it made
    Last edited by Mulsiphix; 01-10-2016, 09:08 PM. Reason: I determined the true value of weapons based pugs was unknown. changed a sentence to reflect this.
    Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
    What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Actually on EUR ctf scene, we organize CTF PUG without irc. Directly on hub and teamspeak.

So ut4.EU stats would not be representative at all.
      Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
      https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
      http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
      Discord PUG Community

Comment

Originally posted by Cunni View Post
        Actually on EUR ctf scene, we organize CTF PUG without irc. Directly on hub and teamspeak.

So ut4.EU stats would not be representative at all.
        How does that work exactly? Do folks just hang out there and organize it in Hub chat or are there PUG game types and somebody starts a match and waits for it to fill, or?
        What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulsiphix View Post
          So I wont be able do an analysis of the #UT4.eu channel. No full channel logs exist among any of the Ops.
          I take this statement back! While not as complete as the #ut4pugs analysis, the data is pretty darn close to complete. I've completed A Basic Analysis Of European PUG Statistics In 2015 (#UT4.eu). Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulsiphix View Post
            How does that work exactly? Do folks just hang out there and organize it in Hub chat or are there PUG game types and somebody starts a match and waits for it to fill, or?
            Generally we meet on a ongoing CTF match then ask people to join TS, restart a match, wait for it to fill and try to make team even.
            We know each other now so that we can invite people whose skill is OK.
            Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
            https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
            http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
            Discord PUG Community

Comment

Just a quick update. I have finished my second and final draft of the European PUG Statistics, created this time directly from the 100% complete #UT4.eu PUGbot logs. I've updated this post to match the format of that post. Changes include:
              1. Added two URLs for CET time zones
              2. Expanding the Hours table to include a 24 hour set of CET times, to make it easier for Euro gamers to analyze at a glance
              3. Added the link to #UT4.eu PUG analysis
              4. Removed the note about not being able to create an analysis for #UT4.eu. Replaced it with a mention that this data was created from 95% complete logs
              5. Added CET times to the During what hours do the majority of PUGs happen? list item. Also added a percentage of pugs played stat here.

Comment

Working...
              X