Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#ut4pugs on irc.globalgamers.net

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #ut4pugs on irc.globalgamers.net

    /server -m irc.globalgamers.net -j #ut4pugs

    Come join us for some fun. Many of the matches are streamed by M3ss.

    [01:31.12] <@LBot> ø CTF [8/10] ø 2v2TDM [0/4] ø 1v1 [0/2] ø iCTF [0/10] ø 4v4TDM [0/8] ø

    We have teamspeak and Raxxy helps us as well.

    Download links to maps to save time:

    CTF-Pistola_b01
    https://ut.rushbase.net/customconten...wsNoEditor.pak
    331.5 MB

    CTF-Azcanize-WIPv14
    https://ut.rushbase.net/customconten...wsNoEditor.pak
    174.5 MB
    Last edited by Jay22; 06-17-2015, 06:30 PM.

    #2
    Just to add a bit more info, this channel is geared towards the NA community and as such we typically play on either the Montreal or Dallas servers depending on who's in the pick-up game. We've had several europeans play though as many of them ping pretty well to Montreal and we'll always try to keep things fair by selecting the best server for the players.

    Right now most of the PUGs have been 5v5 CTF weapons, but there are also PUGs offered for 2v2 TDM, duels, 5v5 instagib CTF and 4v4 TDM.

    To join a PUG, simply join the channel and type !join [gametype] - For example: !join CTF would place you into the 5v5 CTF weapons PUG. !join 1v1 would place you into the duel PUG. You can also use a dot instead of an exclamation point (Ex: .join CTF).

    To see who is currently joined in a PUG, type !list [gametype] - For example: !list CTF would list all of the players currently joined in the 5v5 CTF weapons PUG.

    This is obviously a work in progress and there will be some growing pains and delays as people need to download maps, setup teamspeak, etc. but overall it's been a really fun experience so far and we've had some fantastic games. If you're at all interested in playing in something more competitive than a public server, please come join us! We're very welcoming of new players and will help you get things setup and learn the ropes.

    If you have any other questions about the PUGs, feel free to ask them in this thread or contact one of the PUG ops in the IRC channel. Thanks!
    Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
    Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
    Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

    Comment


      #3
      Fwiw, we also have Chicago and LA servers.

      Most of the players will be from NA, but I'd love to see more players from other regions join us.

      So far, all of the pugs have been 5v5 NWCTF.

      If you are new to UT or CTF this would be a great opportunity to get some lessons from veterans of the UT CTF community.

      Hope to see some new faces

      Comment


        #4
        i played a pug there. unfortunately i'm not sure i will play much. Few weeks ago i joined the EPIC hub accidentally and i had quite a nice experience. Except some lags here and there it was quite playeable. however on that chicago hub i had like 170-180ms and it was really horrible to play on. On US-West i had 200-210ms. yeah im from middle europe.

        On the ownedwell hub i have again like 120ms and it works like a dream. Could we maybe use that one aswell for pugs? I would try to convince more euros to pug there.
        Last edited by Hektoerr; 06-08-2015, 04:26 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          Yeah, the vast majority of pugs will be played on the OwnedWell hub.

          Comment


            #6
            I'm always looking for some CTF action on the weekend, but just can't seem to find any games happening. I seen you guys in a match on the weekend, but couldn't join because of password protection. Never really used irc, but I'll check it out. Do you have your own TeamSpeak channel, or do you use the Epic channel?
            YouTube Channel

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by peterk View Post
              i played a pug there. unfortunately i'm not sure i will play much. Few weeks ago i joined the EPIC hub accidentally and i had quite a nice experience. Except some lags here and there it was quite playeable. however on that chicago hub i had like 170-180ms and it was really horrible to play on. On US-West i had 200-210ms. yeah im from middle europe.

              On the ownedwell hub i have again like 120ms and it works like a dream. Could we maybe use that one aswell for pugs? I would try to convince more euros to pug there.
              The pug channel is supported by every modhub.

              You're complaining about physics, trying to play on a server that is quite literally half way around the planet.

              If you don't want to play on North American servers, go use the South African server if it's closer to you, or the french servers if they are closer. You have plenty of options, I made sure of that.

              Originally posted by Kronos[X] View Post
              I'm always looking for some CTF action on the weekend, but just can't seem to find any games happening. I seen you guys in a match on the weekend, but couldn't join because of password protection. Never really used irc, but I'll check it out. Do you have your own TeamSpeak channel, or do you use the Epic channel?

              the password is there to prevent people joining an in-progress pug because they saw someone disconnect. You'll need to get on irc and join the pug system to get into games.

              Yes, we use Epic's TS.

              Comment


                #8
                Im absolutely aware of what can i except on a NA server and also arare of the geography. I've played lots of pugs in #2k4ctf (with utcomp enhanced netcode) with 140-150ish pings and also some in #mlut(same ping with normal netcode of UT, no zp, no newnet) in the past.

                Sometimes i play on the french hub, but its a public game. A public game is what it is, pugs are always better.

                Comment


                  #9
                  200-210ms to US-west is about normal, as is ~130-140 to chicago, and if you were in london you'd get ~90-95 to ownedwell.

                  Pick the server you want and play there, my point is, there's nothing stopping you from getting a euro one going and then using one of the eu modhubs

                  Comment


                    #10


                    Some footage.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for setting up the PUG channel and the server! I played hundreds of UT99 CTF pugs and they were fun.

                      It seems like one of the biggest problems right now is lack of maps. As of now the pugs are going to pretty much be played on CTF-Outside and CTF-Azcanize. Also, some of the other maps the server admins have access to take a long time to download.

                      It would be really helpful if we could get a list of the maps on the server that are "pug worthy" and a list of download links so that the map can be downloaded in advance.
                      UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

                      UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
                        Thanks for setting up the PUG channel and the server! I played hundreds of UT99 CTF pugs and they were fun.
                        Wasn't set up by me

                        Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
                        It seems like one of the biggest problems right now is lack of maps. As of now the pugs are going to pretty much be played on CTF-Outside and CTF-Azcanize. Also, some of the other maps the server admins have access to take a long time to download.
                        I agree.

                        Originally posted by WHIPperSNAPper View Post
                        It would be really helpful if we could get a list of the maps on the server that are "pug worthy" and a list of download links so that the map can be downloaded in advance.
                        I will update the first post with download links.
                        Last edited by Jay22; 06-17-2015, 06:20 PM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I know this might seem a bit stupid, but for somebody who never got into irc this all seems a bit confusing...almost exclusionary.

                          I am sure it would be far worse for a novice user or new gamer who just wants to play a quick CTF game and keeps bumping into passworded games. Perhaps a video tutorial with the exact settings might be in order?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NeoZee View Post
                            I know this might seem a bit stupid, but for somebody who never got into irc this all seems a bit confusing...almost exclusionary.

                            I am sure it would be far worse for a novice user or new gamer who just wants to play a quick CTF game and keeps bumping into passworded games. Perhaps a video tutorial with the exact settings might be in order?
                            well the thing is we want quality games, not quick games. there are certain rules you have to accept in a pickup channel. we only start when we have 10 players, and we select the teams before the game starts. Point is to have fair games where if possible teams are equally strong. Also, we pick the teams and finish the map with those teams. usually in one pickup game 2 maps are played, both team can choose one map. if it turns out after first map teams are not equally strong, we usually swap some players to balance. Also we use voice communications (teamspeak 3), so the teamplay is vastly superior compared to public matches. ctf without voice communications is just not good enough.

                            Personally i rather wait and play better games. quality > quantity for me.

                            About irc, its a lovely tool. on a modern pc, it has literally zero resource consumption. you can leave it running all day, and you wont notice a thing in your computers performance.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              If you're curious what these pick up games are like you can check out the videos below. The first is my POV of a game on Azcanize and the second is me spectating/casting a game on Azcanize with some "listen ins" to the team's communication. Overall it should give you a good idea of the speed of the game and the communication involved.



                              Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
                              Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
                              Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
                              Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X